• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

You know you are autistic if -

If you're anything like me, you know you are autistic if you have no filter whatsoever and don't know what you said wrong even when you're called out for it.

Thanks for talking about this
it has to be hard. My thoughts are with you and l hope it gets easier for you. Sometimes my filter has been off, so l keep the on switch on all the time, because who knows what might come out of my idiot mouth. l so relate to your post.

When the dog winks and you know it’s probably an involuntary muscle response,

and are bemused watching others believe the dog is sending them a secret signal and freaking out.

Last edited:
When Ed Sheeran and his pal get out of a car in the marked parking area behind the bench you’re sat on,

But you’ve just spent 20 minutes coaxing the feral pigeon you’re feeding to land on your knee to get a better photo.

D1BB57FE-BC29-4025-8E8C-C064EF5E7C0E.jpeg

A day home alone by yourself feels like a lottery-win - no one to see, nothing to go out for. Just untrammelled freedom in which to do you own thing, whether work or personal projects or chores.

P.S. I especially agree with all the animal references here. I sometimes feel ASC individuals are animal souls in human form, the way they so readily identify with animals and often prefer them to humans.

- when you find the perfect comfortable piece of clothing and buy two or three of the same item and wear the same thing for years...

When you find horses more empathetic and understanding than people, and have better interactions and conversations with said horses than you do with the people in the barn. If I continue working in that barn, I'll forget how to interact with people entirely since the horses are so much easier!

...whenever you have a desperate need to word things so thoroughly, yet when doing an essay you feel confined BECAUSE you have to go by their standards

When you have exotic and esoteric interests. Like piles of dirt.

dirt-pile.jpg

Oooooh... and with a random brick topping... Sweet!

Last edited:
You might be on the spectrum if you can’t stop looking at Tom’s pile of dirt. There just has to be more of those bricks! And cinder blocks!

You might be on the spectrum if you are like me and you only sit in a certain seat every time you get breakfast at Hardee's at precisely 6am and it is the one you figured out is the safest because of a wall on your right, another on your left, and one behind you.

New Threads

Top Bottom