• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

You know you are autistic if -

You might be on the spectrum if you are like me and you only sit in a certain seat every time you get breakfast at Hardee's at precisely 6am and it is the one you figured out is the safest because of a wall on your right, another on your left, and one behind you.

l look everything from that perspective too, but l thought it was because of childhood. l caculate the odds of something happening anywhere. Actually, l caculate the odds of a lot of things, it might be fascination aspy thing of mine. Like after l found out that my ex, who was also a MD, and a con-man, l found out the biggest criminals in doctors were actually in the same speciality as my ex , (psychiatry).

You like watching Monk on TV because you often relate with his mental state.

Confession: I liked Monk so much that I started taking on some of his tics. When I realized what I was doing, I felt pretty foolish and I stopped. Now I try to watch what behaviors I take on when I get engrossed in a book series, TV show, etc. It's so weird to even think that that's something I need to watch for.

You notice that the label on a milk bottle isn't straight, and it really bugs you and you can't stop thinking about it all day, and then need to check all the other product labels on things you bought.

You think you would have no problem communicating with space aliens even though you find just talking with other Earthling humans very difficult.

l think l need to fix labels now, l actually do fix labels at my job, l use the excuse nobody will buy it, but truthfully, it needs fixing because it doesn't fit in with the other perfectly aligned labels. We must fit it, we must all fix our labels, lol

When after 20 minutes of cleaning and polishing your black leather shoes has you pleased as punch with the result,
Holding them up to better admire your handiwork,

But the egg you left in the pan of boiling water bubbling away before getting out your shoes to polish doesn’t look edible any longer.

You've been in a state of anxiety for three days because there is a drip underneath your kitchen sink. So you remove everything, put it in boxes and wait for the plumber to come. Your kitchen is in a state of complete disarray, with stacked dishes covering one side of the table.

Your spouse cannot eat breakfast at his usual spot, so he eats on 'your side.' Which upsets him and upsets you, because he's eating in your spot and hates the change, and he drips peanut butter and or jam on your place mat. It seems as if your world is somehow upside down.

Then the plumber comes, and attempts to fix the faucet but breaks it instead on a friday afternoon. So now there are three new leaks. You then go out and buy a new faucet, but have trouble because your sink was made in the 1930's and only two manufacturers make one that fits. You eventually find one, and return home and wait for the plumber to come in two days time. All the while, there are drips and wet cupboards and disarray reigns in the kitchen.

Last edited:
You go to a party or a social event and then afterwards everyone else is saying how much fun it was and that they should do it again soon, but you're exhausted from feigning interest and enjoyment for the past couple of hours and want to hide from the world for as possible. It's like you're an actor, but you get no vacation time, no sick days, and you don't get paid.:weary:

You've been in a state of anxiety for three days because there is a drip underneath your kitchen sink. So you remove everything, put it in boxes and wait for the plumber to come. Your kitchen is in a state of complete disarray, with stacked dishes covering one side of the table.

Your spouse cannot eat breakfast at his usual spot, so he eats on 'your side.' Which upsets him and upsets you, because he's eating in your spot and hates the change, and he drips peanut butter and or jam on your place mat. It seems as if your world is somehow upside down.

Then the plumber comes, and attempts to fix the faucet but breaks it instead on a friday afternoon. So now there are three new leaks. You then go out and buy a new faucet, but have trouble because your sink was made in the 1930's and only two manufacturers make one that fits. You eventually find one, and return home and wait for the plumber to come in two days time. All the while, there are drips and wet cupboards and disarray reigns in the kitchen.

omg, l become stressed out reading this, l started replacing faucets and things myself, BECAUSE l need to feel in charge of my faucets, lol. Seriously, they don't pay my taxes or rent, l refuse to let them ruin my perfect existence of crap everywhere, or strange plumbers with a need to expose unwanted plumber cracks with poorly fitted pants. l went into meltdown mode when the cable guy started rolling around on the floor in front of me and my ex, ( oh no you didn't, he did). It was like the titanic just crashed on my rug and thought xrated floor work would give him a good review on YELP? l have no idea what he thought, l might have to decapitate my head with the white cable cord if l knew the truth. This really did happened. He was extremely obese, l thought it was a whale looking for her whale pups, l was just waiting for orka sounds to come out. That felt so good to get off my chest.

New Threads

Top Bottom