• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

You know you are autistic if -

All the above, and, it's really hard to get out of the house efficiently and with all the things I need for the day at work. Allow extra time...

Plus, in strange places or buildings one can get so confused... allow extra extra time...

You wonder long and frequently, how people, that you don't live with, can become close friends, if they aren't people you have a common task to do, with? Why would you want to bug them with phone calls or texts all the time? How frequently are you supposed to communicate? With all the uncertainty, isn't it just more fun to pursue interesting tasks and indulge in the pursuit of knowledge?

Last edited:
Agree with all things said above.
Also when you go through life avoiding eye contact and never remember to respond to the social
greetings like how are you doing today?
Example: Neighbor walks by when you're in front yard and you bend over to pull a weed to avoid
a social confrontation.

You are horrified when the server tops off your coffee because now they have destroyed the correct ratio of coffee, sugar and creamer.
Also, when you are horrified because the mug or cup of coffee they bring you isn't filled right up to the correct place.

- when you have to make a simple phone call and you carefully pre-plan everything that you need to say for at least an hour beforehand and write it down...

You're so baffled by the often nonsensical actions and trends common in society that the word "people" in your vocabulary is replaced by the word "idiot".

No, seriously. That's how I talk IRL. "There's way too many people in line here" becomes "There's just too many idiots here". Sometimes "moron" slips in there when I want to vary things up. Someone asks me, "So, did you enjoy your trip to the mall?" and the answer might be "No, kept having to dodge the swarms of morons".

The really telling thing though is that nobody I know ever disagrees with my use of that word. I've never even once heard "you shouldnt refer to people like that". Not... even... once. They usually just nod.

You freeze up around kids because you never know when they'll make one of those horrid high-pitched sounds of theirs.

You know you are because you prefer not to answer your phone, guys try to ask you out, and you think why would l do that, in a crowded place, you pick the table away from everyone, a great day means having to talk to nobody, you don't even like to listen phone messages, l went to a dating web site, and l truly wondered why men were giving me phone numbers. lol

You freeze up around kids because you never know when they'll make one of those horrid high-pitched sounds of theirs.

Aha, that brings up another bit of altered vocabulary for me.

"Kids" is replaced with "rodents".

I'm not even one bit sorry.

When trying to make friends you're told that you're too serious when you think that you're successfully being completely light-hearted.

You find, in general, books more interesting than the people who write them.

Find yourself classifying mushrooms that you take pictures of by genera and species on Instagram rather than pictures of yourself with various friends and well-wishers.

You're so baffled by the often nonsensical actions and trends common in society that the word "people" in your vocabulary is replaced by the word "idiot".

No, seriously. That's how I talk IRL. "There's way too many people in line here" becomes "There's just too many idiots here". Sometimes "moron" slips in there when I want to vary things up. Someone asks me, "So, did you enjoy your trip to the mall?" and the answer might be "No, kept having to dodge the swarms of morons".

The really telling thing though is that nobody I know ever disagrees with my use of that word. I've never even once heard "you shouldnt refer to people like that". Not... even... once. They usually just nod.

I use "treacle people" or just the C word.

I don't particularly mean it ,it's just for the sake of saying something you're not supposed to say.
Instead of dog walkers, I say dog b--tards"

Self entertainment means I keep using different variations.

You like animals more than people, finding a empty beach is jackpot day, you actually daydream about what it would be like to live on a island.

New Threads

Top Bottom