• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

You know you are autistic if -

And in the process forget what you were talking about in the first place and start stammering trying to remember, or completely go off on another tangent.

when you can go in the grocery store and buy a week's worth of groceries in five minutes.

when you go shopping at 5am to avoid the crowds

when email and text is your primary form of communication

When your pet name for your wife is Broadzilla & her pet name for you can't be posted on this forum.

P.S. I especially agree with all the animal references here. I sometimes feel ASC individuals are animal souls in human form, the way they so readily identify with animals and often prefer them to humans.
I wonder if the philosopher Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860) was on the spectrum:

"His closest relationships are now with a succession of poodles, who he feels have a gentleness and humility humans lack: 'The sight of any animal immediately gives me pleasure and gladdens my heart.'

Last edited:
You know you are when everyone around you seems to be speaking a different language that you barely know, and while you can mentally translate some of what they are saying, you still miss a lot.

You can't figure out how to say the right words when you're talking to someone, so you stutter and repeat but it just won't come out right! Then you write stuff down, and it comes out fluently.

You would shed tears of complete joy if they came out with a radio station that plays music from video games or classic cartoons 24 hours a day.:tearsofjoy:

New Threads

Top Bottom