• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

You know you are autistic if -

when people talk about being lonely, you just can't relate to what they are saying....

Last edited:
...when you went on an acid trip and smelled the color purple.

That's not a sign of autism. That's a sign of being on some creepy and dangerous drug.

Actually, what did purple smell like? I have never taken LSD and never plan to, but I'm curious so can you describe the smell?

When you know you should go to sleep or tomorrow will be a crappy day, and you don't want tomorrow to be a crappy day because today was a crappy day (because you didn't go to bed on time last night), but you think, "Everyone else does just fine being a little tired. I should be fine, too." So you decide to stay up late, even though staying up late hasn't worked for you the last 12,000 times you did it.

You remember everyone’s birthday but never know what to get them.
You’re secretly proud of your dog for barking at men that approach you.
You don’t feel presentable until you wash your hair, but hate to waste that just showered feeling on going out.

You get upset when complete strangers feel they have a right to shove their existence on you, because some how your life is sadly lacking without their input.....yeah, whatever.
Also l get upset, when statistically it is shown older adults live alone these days. l don't need you shoving your father, your dog, your half-brother, your foster adult child, your mechanic, the apartment maintance guy, your hairdresser, your karate instructor on me, l chose not to be with someone 24/7. l just want to shout leave me alone, l am happier alone.

You're trying to think of a nice, polite way to tell your NT mom that you find the subject she's talking about boring and really don't want to listen, and at the same time you're feeling a "cringe twinge" (clever, huh?) for remembering all the times you wouldn't stop talking about something she found boring. Of course, it was perfectly okay for her tell you *she* found it boring and wanted you to stop.:rolleyes:

You say sorry all the time because you've unintentionally offended so often in the past you worry even now you've said or done something cringey and just don't it. And if you're Canadian, you jokingly say you previously thought that was just a part of you being Canadian.:p

Last edited:
You play Tomadachii Life and you see than your Miis have changed their outfits since the last time you played, and it really bothers you that their clothes and headwear don't match, so you change them into clothes that do go together, at least in your own eyes, even though you know they'll probably have changed them again the next time you play.

You’d rather just wear a hat when you go outside than bother to wash and fix your hair.....for days in a row.

You can keep a secret forever, unless someone asks you directly, then truth is more important than the secret.
Like the time I shoplifted a toothbrush in 1988.
Rats! I did it again!!

that doing mindless repetitive tasks gives you satisfaction, then unfinished logic problems on your phone app drive you batshit crazy, infact any unsolved logic problem drives me batshit crazy, like solve this now dammit, and release me from my shallow logic dungeon that has my brain in lockdown mode.

New Threads

Top Bottom