• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What made you sad today?

It's strange - doing an IQ test that says you're smart (122), but feeling like a complete idiot for paying £18 to see your results

Ironically, the free IQ test was longer and said I was smarter (135). This paid for version probably deducts some points when you get through the checkout screen when it realises you're stupid with your money.

414234.gif

Ed

It's strange - doing an IQ test that says you're smart (122), but feeling like a complete idiot for paying £18 to see your results

Ironically, the free IQ test was longer and said I was smarter (135). This paid for version probably deducts some points when you get through the checkout screen when it realises you're stupid with your money.

Ed
I guess that has more to do with impulse control than intelligence.

Years ago, I did an online IQ test that gave you a score, but wanted you to pay for an analysis of the results. I didn't pay and left it. A week or so later, I got an email from them with the analysis (even though I hadn't paid), apparently because I had a high score. The analysis said that I had a similar profile to Bill Gates.

Had a mental breakdown while driving again. I m still so anxious about killing someone or myself with an accident. My mind constantly tries to eliminate risks so i always drive slowly and it annoys people. But i know that if i ever hve an accident where i harmed myself or someone else i would start hating myself again, become suicidal and i am scared of it.

Quitting smoking. (again)
Withdrawal symptoms give me crazy mood swings initially.

My choices are smoking or breathing.
No brainer really.

I am very sad about the latest episode of Bob Hearts Abishola. You see...
Abishola's jerk husband from Nigeria is visiting and wants to take her and her son home there. But she refused, and wants to file for divorce, but her husband won't let her because of stupid Nigerian customs. Now she and Bob will never get married...

This is exactly why I don't like "heartbreak" episodes, they upset me and remind me that true love doesn't exist. I'm dating a fictional character, for crying out loud, and I have never been happier. The problem is, that I will never tell most people about it for the sake of wanting to be normal and not a freak. So yeah, this is what made me sad today.

EDIT: I got into a terrible argument with my mom over this. What made me sad is that I acted like a total monster. The only saving grace is that I haven't attacked her, but that's not saying much, especially since she put herself down after the argument. I feel unloved now...

Last edited:
Finding out there are fewer vaccine doses available than previously believed. Learning that vaccinations have been paused for one batch. Remembering that I read that COVID will always be around.

So l am sad because l had to have boundaries and block someone who l thought was a friend. She sent me a video on dating men. l have told her repeatly that l don't date. It pissed me off. Why are you pushing that on me after l explicitly stated my position. I am getting old. Allowing strangers in my life isn't happening now. l am dealing with aging and that's enough for me. l am sad that people's hidden agenda seems to be my senior citizen dating life. lol

Last edited:
So l am sad because l had to have boundaries and block someone who l thought was a friend. She sent me a video on dating men. l have told her repeatly that l don't date. It pissed me off. Why are you pushing that on me after l explicitly stated my position. I am getting old. Allowing strangers in my life isn't happening now. l am dealing with aging and that's enough for me. l am sad that people's hidden agenda seems to my senior citizen dating life. lol

That is sooo annoying and invasive. It blows my mind WHY people are so obsessed with other's lives and romance in general.

That is sooo annoying and invasive. It blows my mind WHY people are so obsessed with other's lives and romance in general.

Thanks @AprilR . Think there is a huge single male population that thinks it's our duty to financially support them espcially with the pandemic. Then l am dealing with young guys who think they are doing me a favor by coming on to me. Gee, ummm, let me think, Nope. l did that in my twenties. People need to let older people rot in peace. Espcially those on the spectrum. Thanks again for your kind words.

Thanks @AprilR . Think there is a huge single male population that thinks it's our duty to financially support them espcially with the pandemic. Then l am dealing with young guys who think they are doing me a favor by coming on to me. Gee, ummm, let me think, Nope. l did that in my twenties. People need to let older people rot in peace. Espcially those on the spectrum. Thanks again for your kind words.

I literally had a guy who was 35 years old and has no intention to work told me "but YOU should work" after i told him i had a law degree. And after he presumably understood i was financially in a better position than him.
He wasn't even subtle about the fact that he wants me to work and take care of him.

I literally had a guy who was 35 years old and has no intention to work told me "but YOU should work" after i told him i had a law degree. And after he presumably understood i was financially in a better position than him.
He wasn't even subtle about the fact that he wants me to work and take care of him.

Omg. You are remarkable. l am glad you understand. My mom said l would have made a great attorney. That is the ONLY nice thing she has ever said. ☺ The rest not so good. There are so many success stories here. This helps us others and realize with hard work, maybe we will be successful even if it's on a smaller scale.

Depression, still, and also reminders that Valentine’s day is less than a month away. To the best of my knowledge, I am completely incapable of feeling romantic love (ever), and maybe not even any kind of love anymore. But that doesn’t mean I don’t want to, or that I like having what I’ll never experience idealized and then shoved in my face.

I spoke to my group facilitator regarding last night's argument with my mom, which escalated to the point where I punched a pillow, and she was somewhat disappointed. She said even though I handled it okay, I shouldn't have been escalating to that point, and added that I could have relapsed that easily. I want to talk to my therapist about it, but my next appointment is not until next Wednesday. Very disappointed in myself now...

New Threads

Top Bottom