• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What made you sad today?

It's been so cold here that all I do outside for exercise is shovel snow. Became so bored that I shovelled out winding paths through five feet of snow so that I could walk around in a few circles instead down a straight path. I exercise inside and have exercise equipment and do yoga, but I've been doing that since lockdown and curfew.

I'm getting tired of this. Next week for the first time in many months we move from a red zone to an orange zone, which means the nightime curfew changes from eight o'clock to nine thirty PM. Feel like I'm back in high school again. Also means that restaurants and some businesses reopen next week after months of lockdown.

I’ve had days like that, they can be brutal.:(

Yeah, tell me about it. I almost didn't make it to get my second COVID shot, and yet somehow made it on time. My brother's girlfriend had to go get groceries, and I was stuck with their kids for a while. Luckily, my brother opted to pitch in, and l was able to make it.

I almost exploded, but didn't, which was good. Luckily, these days don't happen as often.

I logged into netflix and saw the icon for the show that my ex and I were watching together. God damn it. I hate them and I miss them at the same time. After twice forcing me to explain myself when I was in a state of high terror in response to me showing symptoms, I needed to have a conversation with them about something they said to me that hurt me very very badly, and it took me a month to work up the courage to do so and when I did, they redirected the conversation onto them dumping me. They were horrible. I miss watching tv with them and being held by them but they decided to treat me so awful for showing the SAME SYMPTOMS they and their stupid husband BOTH HAVE? Rotten bastards, both of them. They used me. Stupid jerk probably just wanted a backup for when their husband was sick and never cared about me at all. And once they had what they wanted, all it took was just one inconvenience and all of a sudden they "don't know" how they feel. After months of the most outlandish pronouncements about how I "belong" by their side. Such a damn liar. Awful person. What a stupid mistake. Damn it. Never should have gone up there in the first place, and I especially shouldn't have moved in with them. I bet they stole my social security card and birth certificate and that's why it couldn't be found in the living room where I was sleeping.

The heel realization that I have wasted 27 dollars on a product that may or may not work as intended.

A little backstory: I ordered oral balm because I am concerned about my gums receding. So I decided to buy the aforementioned oral balm in hopes that it will help. I ordered it this past Thursday, and it has yet to ship, so I did some snooping around as to why.

Well, it turns out to be a possible scam. It has ingredients that aren't as advertised (including ones I may be allergic to), will not fix receding gums, and the staff working there are extremely rude and ignoring the refund policy

I don't know what to do from here; my mom wasn't much help, and now I have to live with the fact that my $27 is gone. I plan to make an appointment with a dentist later on, but I am scared that I will need surgery for my receding gums either way.

Once again, QueenOfFrance87 at her stupidest...:(

I just found out a newspaper printed an article saying Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada is one of the most livable cities in the country. Yeah right. Unless you don't have a car, or need a job, or need to go to the hospital, have mental health issues, or need an apartment to live in. I'm extremely lucky I actually get to live in my own apartment, even if it is right across the street from the high school. This is one of the most boring and depressing places to live. But then again, it's depressing everywhere. That article must have been fake or an early April Fool's joke.

I am having a consultation with my OBGYN on Wednesday, but what made me sad about it is the fact that I haven't seen her in three years due to circumstances beyond my control (divorce, restraining order, and fear of catching COVID). I just know she will chastise me for not coming sooner. She is usually nice, but she takes her job seriously, and now I feel bad.

Sad is not a big enough word: HeartBreaking is better
But I have to put this someplace outside my mind and heart

*** Serious Trigger Warning if you are a dog lover or a PETA member, please stop now ***
and please nobody say we should do this or that, because we have already tried everything the vet or the trainer could think of to do

We adopted a 5 year old rescue in January, knowing he was a handful, but such a sweet boy we fell in love: 48lbs, Yellow Labrador/Corgi mix (so darn cute and a generally happy guy). Dog's job is to be my companion and also watchdog. He is very good at both and fully housetrained with nice manners about treats.

Because he is a rescue (been thru animal control 3 times in his 5 years, we do have some paperwork), we hired an excellent trainer who helped our friends with their German Shepherd and their son's Jack Russell.

Vet had to sedate Dog just to do his initial exam and shots and bath, could not put a hand on Dog without serious drugs.

Dog hates other dogs with a purple passion and tries to attack them and their people too. I cannot hold him back and Husband can just barely.

3 weeks ago, Dog almost got to our neighbor and his little 12 year old rescue while they were walking past our house.

2 weeks ago, Dog attacked our 39 year old grandson as coming in the door. Dog adores our 31 year old granddaughter but only tolerates her husband.

We will not let Dog near our little great-grandchildren (eldest boy is 11, 2 girls are 9, and the remaining mixed 7 are 6 years old down to 2 years old) as we dare not take the chance. The two little neighbor girls living across the street so badly want to play with the yellow puppy dog but are not allowed.

[Backstory: Our cousin's little great-granddaughter was killed in her grandmother's own yard January 2023 by their neighbor's dog who escaped his owner. Not putting details, but grandmother could do nothing to stop it, had to be a closed casket, the dog was put down, and the owner is in prison.]

Thursday, Dog attacked me when I made him get down from our bed (he knows he is not allowed but took advantage while I was bathing).

Saturday, Trainer came to discuss with Husband (maybe taking Dog away for 6 weeks intensive course "away" so no attachment to "mine" by Dog). Dog charged Trainer coming in the house, even with training collar and restraint.

Dog and I went out to the back porch while Husband and Trainer discussed what to do.

Trainer says this level of aggression cannot be trained away or medicated out.

Husband is furious with Dog but also feels like this is his own fault, because he had initial concerns but Dog and I were doing so well, he ignored his instinct.

I am heartbroken.

Husband is taking Dog to be put down on Monday.

New Threads

Top Bottom