• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What made you sad today?

Mia

V.I.P Member
Have been paying attention to the real estate listings from the area I grew up in. Businesses left long ago, there are no doctors left and now only a small medical clinic, the people who remained were all older and retired.

Last edited:
Looking at pictures of my dog made me sad because I miss her a lot. She's been gone for only a few months but it feels like forever already.

For me, even going back to one university I attended and seeing some new buildings was a bit of a shock - I definitely agree with your assessment that places and times become stuck for us once removed.

I believe it's also a thing in travel, that when re-visiting a place, that we will often seek out comforting and familiar places, while also exploring others.

I'm not sure what made me sad but I did become slightly sad. I don't have feelings, feelings have me. :eek:

I learned that some of the people on Wrong Planet I thought I was on good terms with are happy I no longer post there.

People being harmed or abused makes me sad, and angry. I think of the words of William Blake in the hymn Jerusalem when I think of this:

I will not cease from mental fight,
Nor shall my sword rest in my hand
Til we have built Jerusalem
In England's green and pleasant land.

My elderly dad keeps going out to government buildings for business because the officials keep making excuses not to do their work. I am so scared he will get the virus. I can't comprehend why people are so irresponsible

The thought that I may never be understood by others, no matter how many ways I try to connect and explain.

I usually have others in mind, but I'm in a bit of a me-space right now :/

People being harmed or abused makes me sad, and angry. I think of the words of William Blake in the hymn Jerusalem when I think of this:

I will not cease from mental fight,
Nor shall my sword rest in my hand
Til we have built Jerusalem
In England's green and pleasant land.

Have you read Linda Colley's Britons: Forging the Nation 1707-1837 ?

I learned that some of the people on Wrong Planet I thought I was on good terms with are happy I no longer post there.
A lot of the people on Wrong Planet can only focus on the negatives about people and only know how to complain about others, and act nice to other users just so they don't get confronted about it. I'm really sorry to hear that they are directing that towards you. If it means anything, I'd notice and be upset if you stopped posting here.

A lot of mess-ups today, and the previous night actually; and how they're both moral failings, and undermined a lot of plans for today and the days and weeks ahead. On top of that, today is the Feast of Our Lady of Loreto (Speaking of the Loreto House) so that also was a bit dampened by these things, still things could've been worse.

Looking at pictures of my dog made me sad because I miss her a lot. She's been gone for only a few months but it feels like forever already.
I feel the same about our cat Liam. He's been gone since September but I still expect to see him come into my room and just be here generally. I miss him so much.

Have you read Linda Colley's Britons: Forging the Nation 1707-1837 ?
One section talks a fair bit about the role of religion and the likening of England and Britain to being a chosen land and peoples.

William Blake was being ironic in the poem, he was a social reformer, and his phrase mental fight refers to non violent struggle to improve social conditions and what he alludes to in the poem as 'these dark satanic mills' of England in the industrial revolution. It was part of a longer poem written in 1804, and relatively obscure until extracted as a hymn set to music by Parry over a century later.

The metaphor of Jerusalem was often used by Blake, and seems to represent his vision of a hoped for world of mutual love and respect, a literal interpretation of Jesus's teachings, freed from the dogma of institutionalised religion. He was a supporter of women's rights and of the 'Free love' movement, and may have been an Aspie.

Last edited:
The fact that I am single and will be single for the rest of my life. That I am tired of only couples talking to me. I am tired of hanging out with couples. Any friends I have that are girls which is few don't even want a relationship and the rest are couples.

Both that I tend till struggle with anger issues and, related to those anger issues, the fact that the people I've been angry with in the past, if I meet them in the future they'll probably have forgotten what they have done to me, while I probably won't.

New Threads

Top Bottom