• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What made you sad today?

Eventually, all my friendships end up just fizzling out, until I realize it’s been months/years since we’ve been in contact, and by then I’m far too nervous to try to initiate contact myself (I get huge anxiety from initiating conversations of any sort to begin with and often just can’t bring myself to do it, it’s a major flaw of mine). Very afraid this is happening again with the one close friendship I currently have, I don’t remember when the last time is that we had a good talk or anything:(

Eventually, all my friendships end up just fizzling out, until I realize it’s been months/years since we’ve been in contact, and by then I’m far too nervous to try to initiate contact myself (I get huge anxiety from initiating conversations of any sort to begin with and often just can’t bring myself to do it, it’s a major flaw of mine). Very afraid this is happening again with the one close friendship I currently have, I don’t remember when the last time is that we had a good talk or anything:(
I have an email pen pal I haven’t talked to in quite a long awhile, I don’t know what happened; if she’s just busy or one of my emails has upset her or what. I’ll be emailing her on Christmas, I hope everything turns out okay.

There’s another guy who was also, sort of an email pen pal of mine, and I haven’t emailed him in months; every time I try to reply to his last email, I’m just never able to find the time to type out a reply.

I woke up this morning depressed about where I am in my life, I’m 29 and I barely own my own place, I have very little independence; I just wish I had more of an adult life by now.

The fact that I may not see the Star of Bethlehem due to mostly cloudiness and precipitation. It should clear up tonight, but I seriously doubt it.

Being blamed for something I didn't even do. I wasn't even in the game when it happened and I was working. Then I get onto the game during break time finally and see 75 new messages in chat and check it and I get blamed for buying items I didn't request. Then one of the leaders said I was about to be booted for taking items I didn't request for.

Being blamed for something I didn't even do. I wasn't even in the game when it happened and I was working. Then I get onto the game during break time finally and see 75 new messages in chat and check it and I get blamed for buying items I didn't request. Then one of the leaders said I was about to be booted for taking items I didn't request for.
Wow, I would be quite angry if that happened to me...

Seeing face masks which gives me a negative feeling. I feel hopeless that this pandemic will never end and this is how it's going to be for now on.

Seeing face masks which gives me a negative feeling. I feel hopeless that this pandemic will never end and this is how it's going to be for now on.

It 'should' end with the vaccines i guess.

I don't know how the 'black plague' and etc stopped when there was no advanced medicine.

My depression’s really bad again for no apparent reason, it just seems to be an endless cycle (of varying levels of depression, but without any mania or hypomania, which perplexes psychiatrists because they’re convinced the cyclic nature must mean it’s bipolar disorder, so I have to have mania/hypomania at some point:rolleyes: Yet medications for bipolar disorder are at least as ineffective as everything else.). At least this time I don’t feel so horrible, just numb. But I also feel exhausted, basically of living. I’ve been ready to be done for fifteen years. This cycle just never ends, I’ve tried a heaping bowl of alphabet soup (DBT, ECT, TMS, PHP, etc) and a pharmacy’s worth of medications, and have lost track of the number of times I’ve been hospitalized for my self-harm and suicidal tendencies, and nothing has helped for long.

Doing virtual Christmas service made me sad we were not there in person. Also seeing many families with kids virtually something I will never have.

Last edited:
How is it different to flu

For me, it was like a flu followed by a cold, and the only deviations from those things were a very strange, indescribable, bad feeling in my head a lot of the time and a lot of nausea, which luckily I got medication for. Also, eating is strange. If I eat the wrong things, I become very uncomfortable in another indescribable way. It's like the flu on LSD or something. There was a lot of fatigue, too, I would have been bed-ridden if it weren't for Adderall. I'm almost back to normal now though.

For me, it was like a flu followed by a cold, and the only deviations from those things were a very strange, indescribable, bad feeling in my head a lot of the time and a lot of nausea, which luckily I got medication for. Also, eating is strange. If I eat the wrong things, I become very uncomfortable in another indescribable way. It's like the flu on LSD or something. There was a lot of fatigue, too, I would have been bed-ridden if it weren't for Adderall. I'm almost back to normal now though.
There's a man in England with covid, who is in an almost vegetative state ,he's been flat on his back for 9 months ,apparently lost 8 stones,I was sickened by a nt saying 99.5% recovery rate intimating that it's not really so bad, I told him what I thought,I can't believe humans.

There's a man in England with covid, who is in an almost vegetative state ,he's been flat on his back for 9 months ,apparently lost 8 stones,I was sickened by a nt saying 99.5% recovery rate intimating that it's not really so bad, I told him what I thought,I can't believe humans.

As I understand, for most it's not too bad but some people get "Long Covid" where the symptoms are much more severe and long lasting, and it's life changing, and it seems it can happen to anyone.

Long Covid: what we know so far (The Guardian)

Tom Bosworth: British race walker rules out competing this season after long-lasting effects of coronavirus (BBC)

New Threads

Top Bottom