• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What made you sad today?

l have heard so many many many stories of older woman ripped off from the man they dated, let live with them, or married. Even l was surprised. Woman just open up and tell me their stories. All of them say how happy that it is just one now that they worry about. Not the abusive irresponsible, thief that they allowed into their life. This was an eye opener living in this state. It made me realize l am lucky to have left my ex. l am so creeped out by the amount of young guys who think they can get over on me. Omg. So creepy. l dont trust men. My ex robbed me. Nuff said.

Last edited:
Omg. You are remarkable. l am glad you understand. My mom said l would have made a great attorney. That is the ONLY nice thing she has ever said. ☺ The rest not so good. There are so many success stories here. This helps us others and realize with hard work, maybe we will be successful even if it's on a smaller scale.

Thank you so much, I really love my job, it took a while but i got better at it by gaining experience. But the career prospects where i live is very limited, even socially savvy nt lawyers have trouble making money so idk if i will stay in this field any more..

Once again seeing the huge difference between those who actually are “ASD level 1” and me, probably “ASD level 2” (but diagnosed with Asperger’s syndrome because I had no speech delay). And being reminded of the fact that never being able to get a job I can support myself on (just about as probable that will happen as it is that the sun will implode in the next five seconds) means I probably won’t ever get to live in my own place or anything close to that. I’ll just continue on like this for the rest of my life, in all probability. What’s the point of that?

My life at this point in time isn't the best, but I'm not sad about it right now, I can handle it.

This video here is meant to comically represent how I'm not bothered by things right now, but they're still nonetheless fairly sucky right now:

Last edited:
Realizing how hugely dependent on my parents I will still be even if I end up able to live in my own apartment. Kind of makes me wonder what the point is of that, then.

I'm having hard time today getting my mind off of a forum site I was on several years ago, it actually ranks No. 1 on my list of bad forum sites I've been on, it's even worst than WP (Which ranks No. 2 on my list) and it's worst because of how the people on there treated me; arguing with me when I ask for help, assuming negative things about me, (one woman on there was particularly bad when it came to that) practically treating me as though was I lying about things in my life, and even gossiping about me at one point. (I should've left after that but instead I stayed, and things got worse)

I'm having a hard time getting my mind off that today, I know I should but I just can't get over how they don't know how badly they treated me and may still assume the things they do about me. I know I should not worry about it and realize that it's their problem not mine, but it's just really hard and I really just wish they knew.

Thank you. It was ok for a while, then it hits me again then it goes away for a while. He was the greatest, its too quiet now

That I’ve been tired, stressed and irritable this morning; was awkward with my friend on the phone earlier because of it; and am still struggling to be positive-minded and be more joyful about things.

I still don't know what to do career wise. I wish there was a company with a decent salary i could work at in my city.

I need to move to another city to get a good job but i am not sure if i can live independently without any support while balancing the stress from work.

Also my only friend lives in this city and she needs my emotional support right now.

I wish i didn't lose my 20s to depression, ocd and anxiety.

My cousin's ex-husband died shoveling snow. He recently became sober, but his heart gave out. I never knew him, but I feel so bad for her and her daughter because the latter barely knew him. :(

Back to working under the assumption that I will never get to live in my own place, since it will be so expensive for me to move out and I can’t even afford rent anywhere in the area with my SSI payments (even at the places where you get roommates of the more-than-two-legged variety and are basically treated like a piece of freshly-chewed gum the landlord stepped in and is trying to scrape off their shoe), let alone other costs, and it’s highly unlikely that I will ever be able to get, let alone work and keep, a job I could possibly support myself on at any point. Roommates of the two-legged variety are entirely out of the question, I know from experience that I just cannot live with anybody except immediate family.

New Threads

Top Bottom