• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What made you sad today?

The guy who said he'd have my car fixed on Wednesday afternoon still hasn't finished with my car, and it's already Friday night. And the car I had been borrowing is having problems, so I had to call off work again. It's not too busy right now, and they've been understanding, but I still feel awful like I'm letting them down.

I get sad when I don't get enough attention from my friend, a particular friend who is my favorite person that now lives out of state.

All the weight I gained from chemo, really got to start trying to get rid of it now that I’m done. Never had to worry about weight before in my life, so I don’t really know what will be most effective for me. My diet and exercise level didn’t really change while I was on chemo, so that wasn’t the cause of the weight gain, but still trying to improve them because that’s all I know to do. Could also be that I’ve finally reached the age where my metabolism has slowed down, and the timing was just coincidental. Doesn’t help that I got a lot of chocolate I need to not be eating for Christmas.

Watching a daughter morph into a 'soulless shark'.

Glad, because she'll go through the rest of her life being nobody's fool.
She'll always put herself first irrespective of whose toes she steps on or who she upsets in the process.

Sad, because she wasn't raised shallow, deceitful and uncaring.

Sad to watch.

I feel so bad for my grandmother, she hates living in her new home. My youngest aunt is her landlady, and is very mean and unfair to her. There is also a squatter in her home, and my aunt always defends him. My grandmother wants to go back to her old home, which hasn't gone up for sale since, and I don't blame her. But she has to wait until the lease is up, so she is stuck there for a while.

I committed a couple of mortal sins several days ago and thus, need to go to confession. However, going to confession is going to be really hard because, not only are the rules for going to me parish really difficult now, but my parents have also made arrangements for a repairman to come and fix my garbage washer-dryer that keeps breaking down. My parents have ultra-strict rules about quarantining and not going out, thus I won't be able to go to confession until all of that is over.

Still on a personal level, I am better about this than I was in the past; I used to really freakout over having to go to confession because of a mortal sin, and fear not being able to go there for some time. Now I'm fairly better and more trusting of God's mercy.

"Lord if I'm not in a State of Grace, please place me there, if I am, please keep me there!"
-Prayer based off a quote from Saint Joan of Arc

Having to let my son and daughter down.
New (Covid) restrictions in place means I can't do for them, what I said I would.

I struggle letting loved ones down when they were depending on me to help them out.
Makes me sad.

Knowing that there is only one more season of Last Man Standing left, and it reminded me of how sad the last episodes of Home Improvement was.

Also, it's David Bowie's birthday tomorrow, he would have been 74...

Last edited:
I feel like a retard who isn't even aware of herself. But if no one called me that so how could i have known?
I don't understand things when no one teaches me. I don't know how people understand things by intuition.

Depression still, and a pretty fruitless therapy session. I think I might have to find a new therapist, this one is friendly, knows me well, and specializes in neurological disorders, but even after I’ve mentioned it several times, he just can’t stop treating our sessions like casual chit-chat. I mentioned that my depression is worse and I want to die, and all I got was a nod before he moved on, and we proceeded to spend the rest of the session discussing horror games, which was fun but pointless. Even when I deliberately try to redirect the conversation back to whatever issue(s) I’m currently having, I’m lucky if we exchange two sentences about it before he turns back to casual chit-chat. I’ve been seeing him for years, so he isn’t just trying to get to know me, and distraction is only a very temporary fix, so I don’t know why he does it, unless he just has trouble remembering that I’m a client and am paying him for this. Makes me sad because I like him, but ninety percent of our therapy sessions are just pointless stuff like this and don’t achieve a thing.

I'm feeling that no one here or anywhere else would ever understand me if I feel sad over a celebrity's death that happened years ago. My ex never understood me when I got upset over Prince and George Michael dying, and would often use that against me.

Now I am sad over David Bowie and Alex Trebek, the former because it's his birthday today and his death anniversary two days later; the latter because his final episode aired tonight.

I am also not over the deaths of Freddie Mercury or Michael Jackson, or pretty much any celebrity popular before 1989, and I also fear my faves after that will die too. I lost interest in my hobbies today (because of these thoughts) as a result.

It's killing me inside when a fave celebrity dies and no one else in my life cares. I honestly just want to skip this weekend because it's a grim reminder that when I feel bad about a famous death, no one else cares.

I have read on a now-defunct site called Toxic Fandoms and Hatedoms that many people tend to disrespect dead celebrities, and honestly, I am outraged. People these days don't have feelings anymore, and insult those who love these people. They even stood up for Mark David Chapman when he killed John Lennon. Wow, heartless much!?

I am just sick of these monsters ridiculing these legends like they are nothing. The fact that I will never see these famous people for a long time hurts me, but people like my ex and others have no sympathy. Telling me to "get over it" will not help me, it will only make me more upset, yet they keep going.

Sorry for saying all this pointless stuff, but I need to get it out before it consumes me and makes me sick.:(

I'm feeling that no one here or anywhere else would ever understand me if I feel sad over a celebrity's death that happened years ago. My ex never understood me when I got upset over Prince and George Michael dying, and would often use that against me.

Now I am sad over David Bowie and Alex Trebek, the former because it's his birthday today and his death anniversary two days later; the latter because his final episode aired tonight.

I am also not over the deaths of Freddie Mercury or Michael Jackson, or pretty much any celebrity popular before 1989, and I also fear my faves after that will die too. I lost interest in my hobbies today (because of these thoughts) as a result.

It's killing me inside when a fave celebrity dies and no one else in my life cares. I honestly just want to skip this weekend because it's a grim reminder that when I feel bad about a famous death, no one else cares.

I have read on a now-defunct site called Toxic Fandoms and Hatedoms that many people tend to disrespect dead celebrities, and honestly, I am outraged. People these days don't have feelings anymore, and insult those who love these people. They even stood up for Mark David Chapman when he killed John Lennon. Wow, heartless much!?

I am just sick of these monsters ridiculing these legends like they are nothing. The fact that I will never see these famous people for a long time hurts me, but people like my ex and others have no sympathy. Telling me to "get over it" will not help me, it will only make me more upset, yet they keep going.

Sorry for saying all this pointless stuff, but I need to get it out before it consumes me and makes me sick.:(

I just wanted to say that while I personally have never gotten particularly upset over a celebrity’s death, I respect those who do, and I also have some respect for all dead, including celebrities. Grief is grief, and I don’t understand how people can dismiss it so quickly even if it’s about something that isn’t important to them.

I think I understand you,

I understand you on the human level at least, that these souls are human beings and deserve to be valued and mourned.

It's been said that we Aspies are the polar-opposite of psychopaths, our empathy is different I've seen NTs who are otherwise for good compassionate people, say things that seem just heartless to me. In your case, this is based off of an obviously social thing namely envy; these people were celebrities and thus, in the view of the NTs they had status and wealth and the like and thus, for the NTs they view these people as not deserving of their compassion and sympathy and good will.

I'm currently reading the Gulag Archipelago (An abridged version) by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, and in the 2nd chapter, he briefly mentions something that scholars now call classicide, the extermination of anything resembling an upperclass; that's the toxic power of envy.

Of course there's other things at play as well, I'm not sure if it's the same thing, but I sometimes get really angry over historical events that happen in past; that other people don't often get so agitated about.

I'm struggling again with sins I thought I was free from back in October, it's really upsetting because I'm approaching January 18th, the anniversary of the day that was a turning point in my struggle. I need to work on things to help make sure I'm free and don't relapse back into my old ways.

Leave the past behind...

New Threads

Top Bottom