• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What made you happy today?

l am chilling in my place, if you new the backstory- you would be clapping. lol. Sadly l need to edit my story. 50,000 people wouldn't believe me anyways. So it all stays in the confines of my tiny pea brain. l wonder if l need to thank.........

Woke and had a happy, chatty five year old next to me wanting a cuddle (Grand-Daughter) lovely.

I remembered to brush the cat. I held one brush so they could rub their face while I used another brush to brush their back & I got a lot of hair out. It was very mutually satisfying.

Job interview--they literally asked me when i can start but i chickened out and said i'll think about it lmao. It seems like i have to take on a lot of responsibility, i am a bit scared.

Job interview--they literally asked me when i can start but i chickened out and said i'll think about it lmao. It seems like i have to take on a lot of responsibility, i am a bit scared.
I’ve given that response before now and still got the job when I called back the next day.
What are they expecting you to take on?
Is it a big step up from what you’ve done before?

:) Congratulations, very well done indeed :)

^Thank you, it seems to be a very busy office, and one person has to take over 100 clients (not at first i assume though) and so.. Also it seems like you have to take a lot of initiative and finish the case all by yourself.
I dont know what will happen, they said they will contact me in 2 weeks, maybe they will change their mind instead..

^ Yes, that does sound like a heavy workload (Although, I assume the cases would all be at different stages, and thus wouldn’t all require maximum focus simultaneously... ?)
And, yeah, they could change their minds...

I think how I’d break it down (assuming they ring you back and repeat the job offer) is:
• a) you can turn it down, but you’ll never know whether it would have worked or not... and may regret the decision.
• b) you can accept the position, you might succeed or fail at the job... if you succeed then that’s great, if you fail, well, that won’t be a great experience... but it will be one with learning potential.
• c) having interviewed you, they think you're capable and worthy of the position.

Hope that helps. :)

^ Yeah, i am really surprised they think i am competent, the college i graduated from is the best in my city maybe it is due to that. (but i was a very bad student)
My cousin is being extra supportive, she has a friend who works there who might be able to help me, and she said she would help me too (she is also a lawyer) It gives me hope to see people believe in my potential, but i am not sure if i deserve that much.

^ lol: yeah, I’ve struggled with the “but surely it is not rational to regard me as deserving” line of thought for years. :confused:
Still feel clueless on a regular basis, still think “really? surely I’m not worth that much?” when I get paid. :rolleyes:

They probably will have looked at the college, and your grades... but I doubt they would have been decisive though, plenty of people have qualifications, and good grades: the interview process is to weigh them up and pick one person who shows the potential to build a career off the back of the college training.
I suppose the thing is that one can’t see one’s own potential: not having the experience of a lifetime in the job to calibrate by...

Finally getting a semi truck out of my stall in the afternoon,a Volvo after getting the wrong part 4 times.5th time was the charm.The place we get parts from has a parts counter person that does not look up parts right.

I received the dream decoder cards I online ordered at the post office today. Read about 1/3 of them and I’m pleased so far. I think they’ll get a lot of use.:)

New Threads

Top Bottom