• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What made you happy today?

apassingword

just post anything that brightened up your day.
I just found out that some distant relatives of mine own a liquor store and give me a discount.
I'm going to get a decent bottle of scotch. :bounce:

A few things have made me happy today, which are:
- Today is my dad's 50th birthday and my mum, brother and I hung a banner on the bridge saying that he was 60
- Tomorrow is our cats' 10th birthday
- I got paid today and I bought some new clothes, and there was a 25% discount, and my mum let me use her club card to give me a further 10% discount.

@apassingword
Liquor is so nice. I finished off my 1.75L of Jameson today. I was seriously one shot away from being totally out and was saving it for a special day. Today was that day. My all time favorite band's new album came out today and well, the description of the bonus track told me to. So I had a shot in honor of their gone-too-soon former drummer. Now I just need $35 for another bottle. It should last me like two months, especially if my fiance finds this one. :laugh:

@Soup agh I miss fruit! I can't have fruit on this diet! :c

As for my actual post: well, I got to drive in my brand new car to my local record store to buy my deluxe edition copy of Avenged Sevenfold's Hail To The King. Today was its street release date! I love this band so much that it hurts sometimes, and to see them pull through and make an ENTIRE album without their original drummer is awe-inspiring. They are the very reason I didn't drop out of college, because they kept going even though the death of their bandmate hit them HARD. I gained 30 lbs the first year since his death. I was absolutely heart-broken. He was my all time favorite musician. Incredibly talented! But he's smiling up in heaven now, knowing his bandmates did the right thing. Yay!

In general, I'm finding out I materialistically have just about everything I could possibly want within financial reasoning now. In the last 2 and a half years I got my iPhone, then a few years later I got my bike, then after I graduated in May I got my iMac, was incredibly surprised to find out this last week I was getting a BRAND NEW CAR (mom is leasing it but in 3 years I'm buying it from her), and now this album today. I'm amazed I'm not crying yet.

The only things I can currently think of as major materialistic purchases that I would like are: a newer iPhone partly due to my current iPhone being laggy but really because I missed Siri by one freakin' model (I'd be totally happy with a 4S but wouldn't complain if I ended up with a 5. I don't need panoramic photos! Siri would actually be useful for me. LOL), and a 160GB iPod classic since mine will probably die in the next few months. It's been good to me, and lasted almost 3 times as long as my first iPod so far, but I'm getting worried since it gave me a scare last summer as well as this one. But I'm actually more concerned about storage space, since mine is actually almost full even though it's a 120GB.

Other than that, I'm pretty freakin' happy for someone that doesn't have a job currently. That's the biggest thing I want and need now, which would help take care of the other thing I need: a confirmed wedding date. We've been engaged for almost 4 years, and haven't planned at all because we can't afford living together yet.

Just ignore all the other news stories.

Google%20Chrome.jpg

Bought my female friend a pumpkin candle today besides other things. Then I saw her at the food store & we watched tv at her house.

Knowing that mortgages (and eventually, other commitments) can actually be circumvented, just look at what's below (although that guy had since been evicted). :D

Last edited by a moderator:
R-6372673-1417627961-5935.jpeg.jpg

Got a box set in the mail today, the entire first four albums by one of my favorite bands, Ultra! And....
R-251636-1237015893.jpeg.jpg

Another more recent album by them which I haven't heard. All of that for only $26 including shipping!

For the more deviant among us, I can't recommend them highly enough. Not for the squeamish or easily offended, however.

New Threads

Top Bottom