• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is your MBTI personality type?

• INF-

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • INT-

Votes: 41 48.8%
  • ISF-

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • IST-

Votes: 15 17.9%
  • ENF-

• ENT-

• ESF-

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • EST-

• Total voters
INTJ - I had to do this test for University as part of the Psychology class. The profile that goes with it described me down to the letter, even down to the best career choice!

INFP-T every time.
The mediator.Mediators often drift into deep thought, enjoying contemplating the hypothetical and the philosophical more than any other personality type. Left unchecked, Mediators may start to lose touch, withdrawing into “hermit mode”, and it can take a great deal of energy from their friends or partner to bring them back to the real world.
That is so me right now...
I've been testing INFP-T too for the past 6 months or so, so welcome to the party! :)

I've been testing INFP-T too for the past 6 months or so, so welcome to the party! :)

Mediator (INFP, -A/-T)

And as Major Tom posted it's a good description of myself. While I don't like to interfere and act as a mediator, I do wish that everybody could just get along. I am neutral, I treat everyone the same unless they're really screwed me over, and even then I'm usually too nice.

Why am I unable to remember four letters? They get all mixed up in my head! I've taken the test like five times and I wrote down what I am then lost it! I should be the poster-boy for ADHD.

I couldn't remember mine either. I had to pull up a recent post to see what my signature said, then copy it. I took the test last year I think.

First post ever: I used to always test ENFP because I thought of myself as outgoing and I’m a performer. But really, the thought of performing makes me so nervous and drains me, and prolonged periods of socialization make me need to retreat. Perhaps I’m a classic INFP.

I kind of have this hypothesis going that auties are most likely to come up as INT- or INF- on a Meyers-Briggs assessment...

I thought it might be kind of fun to find out if there's any truth to that!

So, if you don't already know your MBTI personality type, you can take a free quiz on it here: Free personality test | 16Personalities

You can read more about what the MBTI is here:
Myers–Briggs Type Indicator - Wikipedia

Once you know your MBTI type, please answer the poll. :)
First post ever... I used to always

I'm INTJ-T/A depending on the day. The traits incline towards extremity as well, at about 85/15 for most of the letters.

Logician
INTP-t

"If you're an INTP personality type, you're a highly rational and fiercely independent person. You may feel different from others because your personality type is actually quite rareINTPs make up only 3 percent of the population (female INTPs are even rarer than males)"

Not sure what the "t" stands for.

I'm not sure I agree with the hypothesis that INTx's and INFx's are over-represented on the spectrum (I'll qualify that with: I'm not sure I DISAGREE, either). But, to play devil's advocate, you know what those types are likely to have in common? Struggling with outward social lives and instead coming to communities like this to find like-minded people (and voting on subsequent polls). So it kind of throws salt on survey as far as I'm concerned. :laughing:
Exactly.
There is an obvious bias. Online forums usually attract introverts.
A lot of autistic persons are introvert. But the ones that are extravert will probably not be on the forum so often, and then we cannot use such non-serious survey to address any hypothesis.

To be clear, I think the hypothesis is right, but I am sure the methodology is wrong.
Of course, it can be fun to just observe who has what type, but it should be stressed there is nothing scientific here. (When there is nothing scientific , we should not talk of hypothesis. )

And I am INTP.

Last edited:
Logician
INTP-t

"If you're an INTP personality type, you're a highly rational and fiercely independent person. You may feel different from others because your personality type is actually quite rareINTPs make up only 3 percent of the population (female INTPs are even rarer than males)"

The lowercase "t" would be represented on the binary of "a/t" standing for either leaning "assertive" or "turbulent" in temperament. Not a universally used metric, but could be useful. I find that one goes back and forth whether you're in a more stressed or less stressed time in life, so I'd take it with a grain of salt.

The lowercase "t" would be represented on the binary of "a/t" standing for either leaning "assertive" or "turbulent" in temperament. Not a universally used metric, but could be useful. I find that one goes back and forth whether you're in a more stressed or less stressed time in life, so I'd take it with a grain of salt.

Grain of salt? I place about as much value on this as having my palm read. (no offense to palm readers)

Grain of salt? I place about as much value on this as having my palm read. (no offense to palm readers)

It's probably more based on research and observation than the conclusions of a palm reading. Especially because it's based on your own answers, and has been extensively used to provide guidance in work environments over many years. Again, no offence to palm readers, happy to hear their rationale and methods.

Logician
INTP-t

Thinking

Hi everyone! It's been a while since I last posted.
I found out that I am an INFJ according to the Myers- Briggs personality test (Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging).
I also found this video on INFJs which says clearly "INFJs are autists".
What are your thoughts on that?
What's your Myers - Briggs personality?

I took this test, like absolutely ages ago and came out as an INFJ type (Advocate)

Now apparently I'm INFP-T (Turbulent Mediator). Well that explains the avoiding conflict at all costs lol

Hi everyone! It's been a while since I last posted.
I found out that I am an INFJ according to the Myers- Briggs personality test (Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging).
I also found this video on INFJs which says clearly "INFJs are autists".
What are your thoughts on that?

What's your Myers - Briggs personality?

Hi Sabrina :) welcome back!
I wouldn't take this literally- I'm an INFJ also but don't test as autistic so I don't think all INFJs are necessarily autistic. But I do see some value in the Myers-Briggs- it's helped me understand some things about others that puzzled me before.

New Threads

Top Bottom