• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is your MBTI personality type?

• INF-

Votes: 29 29.9%
  • INT-

Votes: 47 48.5%
  • ISF-

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • IST-

Votes: 17 17.5%
  • ENF-

• ENT-

• ESF-

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • EST-

• Total voters
1. State your Myers Briggs Type Indicator.

2. State your Neurodivergence or Neurotypical Type

I’ll start:
1. ENTP
IMG_1570.jpeg

2. ASD Level 1

Last edited:
Interesting. I had taken the 16 personalities test a while back, and I got INFP. I retook the test and noticed that they changed up the questions (the wording, at least). Now my results are INTP. However, on some of the traits, I am close to 50/50. I guess that explains the drastic change. I retook the test again a couple times, and it is consistently INTP (Architect). I feel like I am somewhere inbetween the Mediator and Architect personalities.

I have very strong moral values (Mediator) but I also believe that these values/principles are absolute truths which are upheld and supported by science and logic. So while I am a very creative, passionate person, I also think that logic is more important than feelings or emotions. Overall, the personality tests are very interesting, but I'm not sure just how accurate they are, (I'll have to research that).
Take the keys to cognition test. It’s the backdoor because it goes by cognitive functions instead of being straightforward with the letters.

I took the test twice once in college 40 years ago got INFP and many years later INTP looking now it appears I'm both sort of mixed. The psychology community does not take these tests too seriously.

I took the test twice once in college 40 years ago got INFP and many years later INTP looking now it appears I'm both sort of mixed. The psychology community does not take these tests too seriously.

"People love trying to make sense out of chaos. Which would explain so many of us are drawn to the idea of categorizing ourselves. We’re complicated beings and the MBTI, much like our zodiac sign, seems to offer insights about others and ourselves — our habits, preferences, and the way we move through the world. Another attractive element is the flattering spin MBTI puts on every personality type."

I'm INTJ. I don't have just a casual understanding of Myers-Briggs, as its one of my special interests (typology in general; and more aptly Jung's 8 cognitive functions - so if you name a letter order I can spit out the stacked order of the cognitive functions being used by that type and how that influences their preferences). Probably not uncommon for any INTx's that find typology of interest.

I'm not sure I agree with the hypothesis that INTx's and INFx's are over-represented on the spectrum (I'll qualify that with: I'm not sure I DISAGREE, either). But, to play devil's advocate, you know what those types are likely to have in common? Struggling with outward social lives and instead coming to communities like this to find like-minded people (and voting on subsequent polls). So it kind of throws salt on survey as far as I'm concerned. :laughing:

My rationale: I do not believe being on the spectrum has a significant effect on the perception (S/N) or judgement (T/F) cognitive preferences. It is likely to lead to an over-representation of introversion, but there are many extraverted auties, too. In lower numbers, yet assuredly E.

It would be interesting to do objective testing of groups of auties and comparing it to the general population statistics, though.
Personality tests are my special interest.

I'm an INFP. 100% sure. MBTI is one of my obsessions, and I've spent about 500-1000 hours studying it and the Jungian functions. Each day, MBTI involuntarily comes into my head, at least once.

Edit: I've actually spent thousands of hours, now that I think about it. Yeah... I like it... A LOT!
I create personality tests because it is my special interest. Check out my blog.

"People love trying to make sense out of chaos. Which would explain so many of us are drawn to the idea of categorizing ourselves. We’re complicated beings and the MBTI, much like our zodiac sign, seems to offer insights about others and ourselves — our habits, preferences, and the way we move through the world. Another attractive element is the flattering spin MBTI puts on every personality type."

I take this like IQ looks good on surface. Look deeper interesting the math is very similar to industrial colour control
which got me interested years ago. What I found in colour is not the individual colour but rather the differences.
One thing I've learned if it can be modeled mathematically the maybe there is something to it.

Last edited:
I create personality tests because it is my special interest.
This thread may be of mild interest to you.

Hi, Salām

@InfinityRose said here she has narrowed her type down to ISTJ + INFP. I feel such too. Our Cognitive Functions are (Fi Ne Si Te pluss Fe Ni Se Ti).

I have made one thread here and joined your community online, somewhat humbly, and i feel distracted maybe in lack of better word, from my Daily activity with God through socializing with Humans. Which may be normal. ... i feel i'm getting more Fe instead of my lead Fi. Fi handles emotions introvertedly. Right? ... so i'll unhumble myself until you (edit: i mean Society, because Autists/Aspergers are not Society) follow Allah alone. 😎❤️😅😁🙏👍😝 Because there's one God, Allah.

PS: Nothing happens by Force

Edit2:
Further (in my understanding) the INFP f.ex. has 8 cognitive functions like mentioned Fi Ne Si Te pluss Fe Ni Se Ti. So that's approximately 10 years to dwell in each Cognitive Function. For the age of a Human.

Edit3: @rollerskate said To throw another wheel into this, however - whether or not a natural extrovert STAYS extroverted depends highly on their environment, as well. I was an extroverted child, as was my oldest son, but I became introverted, as did he, LARGELY as a result of having our autistic nature received negatively/met with criticism as we aged. ... Along with primarily having noticed introversion in the autistics I have met both online and IRL, this is what led to the INxx hypothesis. The xNxx part, because I've noticed many also tend to dissociate from their sensing input as a part of masking to reduce sensory issues. With this also, they may not necessarily be born that way, but develop intuition dominance over time as a coping mechanism. I agree with it having little effect on T/F and P/J.

Last edited:
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator

"There's no such thing as a pure extrovert or a pure introvert. Such a man would be in the lunatic asylum... Classifications, they are only points de repère, points for orientation. There is no such thing as a schematic classification." -- Carl Jung, in an interview from August 1957

The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) is an alleged assessment of one's personality type -- whatever that means. It aims to classify how individuals view the world through a questionnaire, categorizing people based on four different dichotomies. It was developed by a mother-and-daughter team (Katharine Cook Briggs and Isabel Briggs Myers) who had no formal education in any subject-related fields, but had a personal interest in Carl Jung's Personality Types and wanted to make them accessible to a wide audience as a tool for self-discovery. Despite its widespread use in business (particularly in human resources departments), it is widely recognized as pseudoscience among reputable psychologists.

In personality research, it only plays an anecdotal role -- for a variety of reasons. One drawback lies in the origins of MBTI, since from the time of its Jungian roots (Psychological Types by C. G. Jung, 1921), the first MBTI Handbook (1944) and the MBTI Manual (1962), the scientific field of psychology in general advanced considerably. Other models of personality have been proposed and developed, which by design and purpose satisfy more scientific criteria than the antiquated Myers-Briggs model. MBTI's popularity derives mainly from its relative simplicity and appeal, from the commercial profitability for its practitioners and from the self-amplifying effect of its own propagation. Several studies have linked the MBTI dichotomies to more accepted personality models like the Big5-based NEO PI-R (a 5-factor model with 5 subscales each), which showed strong correlations between the two, as have other studies. Even Big 5 have been shown to not necessarily hold up well in non-western cultures.

> Link to Full Article <

I had mixed feelings about you, to begin with. But .. you are maybe right on MBTI is pseudonsience. Edit: is why i'm uncertain about alot of MBTI, i only know myself within MBTI.

We were expecting you 😎🙏

The mathematics that describes this is identical to that used for industrial colour control. So like quantum mechanics your can be in a super position a blend of all without being anyone in particular.

I had mixed feelings about you, to begin with. But .. you are maybe right on MBTI is pseudonsience. Edit: is why i'm uncertain about alot of MBTI, i only know myself within MBTI.
MBTI is pure hokum, used in much the same way as polygraph examinations to exclude "undesirable" candidates from employment. Strange how many intelligent, talented, and creative people were excluded from one of my former places of employment through the misuse of MBTI.
We were expecting you .
Good. I have been debunking pseudoscientific claims for over 40 years.

The MBTI has about as much validity as some random 'What Star Wars character are you most like?' quiz you'd find online.

That is to say: none at all.

It's just pseudo-scientific claptrap like astrology.

What you people think about the claim we ought share? ... I'm not asking you to share ... i'm maybe evil whom wants to share. I'm not talking about your MBTI, i'm talking about mine.

But what i'm doing is exatly what Introverted Feeling is all about, to defy miraculously other MBTI types (i don't have an idea what you are).

And what do you people want me and likeminded to do? Suffocate?

Edit: Paul Alexander (polio survivor) - Wikipedia

Why do you tell me - i feel violently - what's good and what's bad?

Edit: Because i'm uncomfortable Defending myself for not Nothing.
Edit2: @Crossbreed said (randomly): I believe that ASD1 is the cured/healthy form of autism. It is the severe co-morbid conditions --not the autism itself-- that creates the main troubles for 2s & 3s.

There's Truth in this quote from Crossbreed

Last edited:
MBTI is pure hokum, used in much the same way as polygraph examinations to exclude "undesirable" candidates from employment. Strange how many intelligent, talented, and creative people were excluded from one of my former places of employment through the misuse of MBTI.

Many take it too seriously I tested INTP and INFP on different occasions.

The MBTI has about as much validity as some random 'What Star Wars character are you most like?' quiz you'd find online. That is to say: none at all. It's just pseudo-scientific claptrap like astrology.
Any classification system that bases its metrics solely on the subjective opinions of its test subjects is irrelevant to the advancement of science, and must therefore be ignored. MBTI is one such system.

Any classification system that bases its metrics solely on the subjective opinions of its test subjects is irrelevant to the advancement of science, and must therefore be ignored. MBTI is one such system.
It's not about serious science but rather fun much like horoscopes.

New Threads

Top Bottom