• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is your MBTI personality type?

• INF-

Votes: 27 30.0%
  • INT-

Votes: 43 47.8%
  • ISF-

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • IST-

Votes: 16 17.8%
  • ENF-

• ENT-

• ESF-

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • EST-

• Total voters

rollerskate

ร๏гค ɭย๓เภค
V.I.P Member
I kind of have this hypothesis going that auties are most likely to come up as INT- or INF- on a Meyers-Briggs assessment...

I thought it might be kind of fun to find out if there's any truth to that!

So, if you don't already know your MBTI personality type, you can take a free quiz on it here: Free personality test | 16Personalities

You can read more about what the MBTI is here:
Myers–Briggs Type Indicator - Wikipedia

Once you know your MBTI type, please answer the poll. :)

Why am I unable to remember four letters? They get all mixed up in my head! I've taken the test like five times and I wrote down what I am then lost it! I should be the poster-boy for ADHD.

I'm INFJ or INTJ or INTP or INFP, and I'm not even sure if "P" is an option for the last one.

Well, whatever is going on right now, I fit into your theory, although I have no clue what any of the letters mean.

I am INTP. However my sister is ISTJ, and has high autistic traits. Neither of us is diagnosed. I like Myers Briggs, it's comforting to see how it fits the full spectrum of ND and NT. We are all on it.

It's based on Jung's ideas, extended and interpreted by the authors. This means that it emerged before awareness of brain difference. Having varied brains in humanity doesn't seem all that surprising though. Nature is full of variation.

I usually get either INFJ or INFP but I think INFP is more suited to me.

Last edited:
I guess I hadn't taken this test before. INFS-T puts me as and advocate? (less than 1% of the population) - no wonder I don't fit in anywhere!! lol

I'm INTJ. I don't have just a casual understanding of Myers-Briggs, as its one of my special interests (typology in general; and more aptly Jung's 8 cognitive functions - so if you name a letter order I can spit out the stacked order of the cognitive functions being used by that type and how that influences their preferences). Probably not uncommon for any INTx's that find typology of interest.

I'm not sure I agree with the hypothesis that INTx's and INFx's are over-represented on the spectrum (I'll qualify that with: I'm not sure I DISAGREE, either). But, to play devil's advocate, you know what those types are likely to have in common? Struggling with outward social lives and instead coming to communities like this to find like-minded people (and voting on subsequent polls). So it kind of throws salt on survey as far as I'm concerned. :laughing:

My rationale: I do not believe being on the spectrum has a significant effect on the perception (S/N) or judgement (T/F) cognitive preferences. It is likely to lead to an over-representation of introversion, but there are many extraverted auties, too. In lower numbers, yet assuredly E.

It would be interesting to do objective testing of groups of auties and comparing it to the general population statistics, though.

I'm INTJ and a self-diagnosed autistic (so far). My partner is probably on the spectrum and he is INTP and my son is also probably on the spectrum and he is INFP. My Dad is possibly on the spectrum and he is ESTJ.

I'm INTJ. I don't have just a casual understanding of Myers-Briggs, as its one of my special interests (typology in general; and more aptly Jung's 8 cognitive functions - so if you name a letter order I can spit out the stacked order of the cognitive functions being used by that type and how that influences their preferences). Probably not uncommon for any INTx's that find typology of interest.

I'm not sure I agree with the hypothesis that INTx's and INFx's are over-represented on the spectrum (I'll qualify that with: I'm not sure I DISAGREE, either). But, to play devil's advocate, you know what those types are likely to have in common? Struggling with outward social lives and instead coming to communities like this to find like-minded people (and voting on subsequent polls). So it kind of throws salt on survey as far as I'm concerned. :laughing:

My rationale: I do not believe being on the spectrum has a significant effect on the perception (S/N) or judgement (T/F) cognitive preferences. It is likely to lead to an over-representation of introversion, but there are many extraverted auties, too. In lower numbers, yet assuredly E.

It would be interesting to do objective testing of groups of auties and comparing it to the general population statistics, though.

To throw another wheel into this, however - whether or not a natural extrovert STAYS extroverted depends highly on their environment, as well. I was an extroverted child, as was my oldest son, but I became introverted, as did he, LARGELY as a result of having our autistic nature received negatively/met with criticism as we aged. ... Along with primarily having noticed introversion in the autistics I have met both online and IRL, this is what led to the INxx hypothesis. The xNxx part, because I've noticed many also tend to dissociate from their sensing input as a part of masking to reduce sensory issues. With this also, they may not necessarily be born that way, but develop intuition dominance over time as a coping mechanism. I agree with it having little effect on T/F and P/J.

If we could test this on a random selection of the autie population, I have a funny feeling we would see more INxx in the older generations, and more variety in this regard with the younger populations, as autism acknowledgement and acceptance has improved over time. Albeit, it's still got a long ways to go, but I can clearly see the differences between when I was a kid, when my oldest son was younger, and now with my youngest, who is 6 years younger than his brother. I kind of wish he was more extoverted/sensing, but he DEFINITELY is headed in the direction of INT, unless his environment somehow pushes him in the future to develop otherwise, lol.

Oh! One more thing. It's been brought to my attention recently by a life coach that INxx personalities are quite often traumatic coping mechanisms, and someone may test INxx, but later after recovering from their traumas, find out they are a completely different personality type. By any means, even by MB standards, personality types are muted and not fixed - they can change over time to adapt to different situations and environments.

Personally I am intrigued by this entire thing, because I've tested INFP, INFJ, and also INTJ before, with the observation that different personality types take predominance over time depending on maturity level, age, and situation/environment.

Last edited:
I actually took that a while ago and took a screenshot of the results:
Screenshot (613)_LI.jpg

INFP-T every time.
The mediator.Mediators often drift into deep thought, enjoying contemplating the hypothetical and the philosophical more than any other personality type. Left unchecked, Mediators may start to lose touch, withdrawing into “hermit mode”, and it can take a great deal of energy from their friends or partner to bring them back to the real world.
That is so me right now...

Last edited:
I thought I was INFJ... but apparently this quiz showed up as ISTP-T ... which I don't think is true. Maybe I am just not awake enough to take this test right now.

New Threads

Top Bottom