1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Featured MBTI (Meyers Briggs Personality)

Discussion in 'General Autism Discussion' started by rollerskate, May 3, 2019.

1. INF-

22 vote(s)
    34.9%
  2. INT-

28 vote(s)
    44.4%
  3. ISF-

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  4. IST-

10 vote(s)
    15.9%
  5. ENF-

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  6. ENT-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. ESF-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. EST-

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  1. LucyPurrs

LucyPurrs NT, INFJ V.I.P Member

Hi Sabrina :) welcome back!
    I wouldn't take this literally- I'm an INFJ also but don't test as autistic so I don't think all INFJs are necessarily autistic. But I do see some value in the Myers-Briggs- it's helped me understand some things about others that puzzled me before.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. WildCat

WildCat and his scatterbrain V.I.P Member

ISTJ-T (the logistician)

3. Solphire

Solphire Learning to drop the mask

INTJ architect

4. inkfingers

inkfingers 19 year old Aspie artist and Jesus follower

Interesting. I had taken the 16 personalities test a while back, and I got INFP. I retook the test and noticed that they changed up the questions (the wording, at least). Now my results are INTP. However, on some of the traits, I am close to 50/50. I guess that explains the drastic change. I retook the test again a couple times, and it is consistently INTP (Architect). I feel like I am somewhere inbetween the Mediator and Architect personalities.

I have very strong moral values (Mediator) but I also believe that these values/principles are absolute truths which are upheld and supported by science and logic. So while I am a very creative, passionate person, I also think that logic is more important than feelings or emotions. Overall, the personality tests are very interesting, but I'm not sure just how accurate they are, (I'll have to research that).

5. anacrusis

anacrusis Member

Anyone else found it tricky answering some of the questions because an accurate answer wasn't possible with the choice given? Another Advocate here, but then again, there's some overlap with the questions found on the AQ, so maybe it's less surprising if there are parallels...

6. BehindtheScenes

BehindtheScenes Lost Generation Club

INTJ. My graduate program also gave us the 'official Meyers Briggs test' and I got INTJ on that one as well.

7. Vindicator Phoenix

Vindicator Phoenix Female or neutral pronouns V.I.P Member

I'm an INFP. 100% sure. MBTI is one of my obsessions, and I've spent about 500-1000 hours studying it and the Jungian functions. Each day, MBTI involuntarily comes into my head, at least once.

Edit: I've actually spent thousands of hours, now that I think about it. Yeah... I like it... A LOT!

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  8. GeminiSagittarius

GeminiSagittarius Member

Depending on at what time I’m doing the test, It’s either ENFP or INFP.

9. tree

tree Blue/Green Staff Member V.I.P Member

Time of day?
    Time of year?

Which one do you get, when?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. GeminiSagittarius

GeminiSagittarius Member

I don’t really know. I’m changing a lot all the time, when I did it last time I was ENFP-T, but when I did it earlier I got INFP. I’m not sure how long that was ago. Maybe a year or two?

It might be because of my masking, that I’m always confused about my personality and also depends on how strong my depression is at that time and when it’s stronger I have more of a “I don’t want to go outside” mentality, which I guess is also why I get the introverted “I” then.

But when I’m not struggling with a depression episode at that moment I can still get the introverted “I” because of the struggles I have with communicating with NT’s and because I become very exhausted from socializing with NT’s due to struggle trying to interpret them and masking.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
  11. GeminiSagittarius

GeminiSagittarius Member

I just did the test again and these were my results:

INFP
    Introvert(19%) iNtuitive(34%) Feeling(41%) Perceiving(16%)
    • You have slight preference of Introversion over Extraversion (19%)
    • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (34%)
    • You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (41%)
    • You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (16%)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jenisautistic

Jenisautistic Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
  13. dragonfire42

dragonfire42 Perpetual outsider

When I took the test just now I scored ISFJ-T. I've taken MBTI tests many times, and I always come out as one hundred percent I and strongly J, but I score close to the middle on T/F and N/S and can come out on either side of both depending on my mood when I take the test - I don't fit neatly into one category.