• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is your MBTI personality type?

• INF-

Votes: 27 29.0%
  • INT-

Votes: 46 49.5%
  • ISF-

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • IST-

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • ENF-

• ENT-

• ESF-

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • EST-

• Total voters
Interesting. I had taken the 16 personalities test a while back, and I got INFP. I retook the test and noticed that they changed up the questions (the wording, at least). Now my results are INTP. However, on some of the traits, I am close to 50/50. I guess that explains the drastic change. I retook the test again a couple times, and it is consistently INTP (Architect). I feel like I am somewhere inbetween the Mediator and Architect personalities.

I have very strong moral values (Mediator) but I also believe that these values/principles are absolute truths which are upheld and supported by science and logic. So while I am a very creative, passionate person, I also think that logic is more important than feelings or emotions. Overall, the personality tests are very interesting, but I'm not sure just how accurate they are, (I'll have to research that).

Anyone else found it tricky answering some of the questions because an accurate answer wasn't possible with the choice given? Another Advocate here, but then again, there's some overlap with the questions found on the AQ, so maybe it's less surprising if there are parallels...

I'm an INFP. 100% sure. MBTI is one of my obsessions, and I've spent about 500-1000 hours studying it and the Jungian functions. Each day, MBTI involuntarily comes into my head, at least once.

Edit: I've actually spent thousands of hours, now that I think about it. Yeah... I like it... A LOT!

Last edited:
Time of day?
Time of year?

Which one do you get, when?
I don’t really know. I’m changing a lot all the time, when I did it last time I was ENFP-T, but when I did it earlier I got INFP. I’m not sure how long that was ago. Maybe a year or two?

It might be because of my masking, that I’m always confused about my personality and also depends on how strong my depression is at that time and when it’s stronger I have more of a “I don’t want to go outside” mentality, which I guess is also why I get the introverted “I” then.

But when I’m not struggling with a depression episode at that moment I can still get the introverted “I” because of the struggles I have with communicating with NT’s and because I become very exhausted from socializing with NT’s due to struggle trying to interpret them and masking.

Last edited:
I just did the test again and these were my results:

INFP
Introvert(19%) iNtuitive(34%) Feeling(41%) Perceiving(16%)
  • You have slight preference of Introversion over Extraversion (19%)
  • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (34%)
  • You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (41%)
  • You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (16%)

When I took the test just now I scored ISFJ-T. I've taken MBTI tests many times, and I always come out as one hundred percent I and strongly J, but I score close to the middle on T/F and N/S and can come out on either side of both depending on my mood when I take the test - I don't fit neatly into one category.

I always get ENFP-T (Turbulent Campaigner)

These characteristics sound exactly like me. Every single one of them. The "people-pleasing" weakness that I highlighted in Bold is my biggest issue.
The only thing that doesn't really fit me here is being too trusting, but if I didn't also have BPD and PTSD, I would probably be a lot more trusting. In the past I have trusted people too much though and the things that caused me to develop PTSD are a result of that I guess.
This also lists being a listener and being open to other opinions- that's me. A lot of people seem to get mad at people who don't think like them. I'm not like that. I understand that not everyone agrees with everyone else on every single thing and that they don't have to. I'm not the type to start arguments or heated/angry debates or even participate in them.
I'm also a Libra, if that helps... :sweatsmile:

I'm unusually extroverted and people-oriented for an Aspie or an Autistic person in general. Which has led to therapists questioning my diagnosis. I'm officially diagnosed with Asperger's, I was diagnosed as a very young child, and I'm convinced that the diagnosis is correct, but some things don't fit.
~
Campaigner (ENFP) Strengths
Curious – Campaigners can find beauty and fascination in nearly anything. Imaginative and open-minded, these personalities aren’t afraid to venture beyond their comfort zones in search of new ideas, experiences, and adventures.
Perceptive – To people with this personality type, no one is unimportant – which might explain how they can pick up on even the subtlest shifts in another person’s mood or expression. Because they’re so sensitive to other people’s feelings and needs, Campaigners can make full use of their caring, considerate nature.
Enthusiastic – When something captures their imagination and inspires them, Campaigners want to share it with anyone who will listen. And they’re just as eager to hear other people’s ideas and opinions – even if those thoughts are wildly different from their own.
Excellent Communicators – Campaigners brim with things to say, but they can be caring listeners as well. This gives them a nearly unmatched ability to have positive and enjoyable conversations with all sorts of people – even people who aren’t particularly sociable or agreeable.
Festive – Campaigners may live for deep, meaningful conversations, but they can also be spontaneous and lighthearted. These personalities know how to find fun and joy in the present moment – and few things give them more pleasure than sharing their joy with others.
Good-Natured – All of these strengths come together to form a person who is warmhearted and approachable, with an altruistic spirit and a friendly disposition. Campaigners strive to get along with pretty much everyone, and their circles of acquaintances and friends often stretch far and wide.

Campaigner (ENFP) Weaknesses
People-Pleasing – Most Campaigners are uncomfortable with the prospect of being disliked. To maintain the peace, they may compromise on things that matter to them or allow other people to treat them poorly. And when they fail to win someone over, they might lose sleep trying to figure out what to do about it.
Unfocused – The thrill of a new project – especially one that involves collaborating with other people – can bring out the best in Campaigners. But this personality type is known for having ever-evolving interests, meaning that Campaigners may find it challenging to maintain discipline and focus over the long term.
Disorganized – Campaigners’ enthusiasm is legendary, but it doesn’t extend to everything. Specifically, people with this personality type may try to avoid boring, practical matters, such as chores, maintenance, or paperwork. The resulting sense of disorganization can become a major source of stress in their lives.
Overly Accommodating – Campaigner personalities feel called to uplift others, and they may find themselves saying yes whenever anyone asks them for guidance or help. But unless they set boundaries, even the most energetic Campaigners can become overcommitted, with too little time and energy to tackle the necessities of their own lives.
Overly Optimistic – Optimism can be among this personality type’s key strengths. But Campaigners’ rosy outlook can lead them to make well-intentioned but naive decisions, such as believing people who haven’t earned their trust. This trait can also make it difficult for Campaigners to accept hard but necessary truths – and to share those truths with others.
Restless – With their positive, upbeat attitude, Campaigners rarely seem upset or dissatisfied on the outside. But their inner idealism can leave them with a nagging feeling that some major areas of their life just aren’t good enough – whether that’s their work, their home life, or their relationships.

I just took an online personality test, and I'd say it hit the nail on the head. It was called the Meyers Briggs test, and it was free. I've taken this test before, but on paper, long ago, and I got similar results. But this online survey gives better in depth information about the personality types.

According to it, I am an "INFP" personality type, also known as "The Mediator". This stands for Introversion, Intuition, Feeling, and Perceiving.

It's kind of neat, it has a list people and fictional characters that fit the INFP profile. Some of which are JRR Tolkien, William Shakespeare, Bjork, William Wordsworth, Frodo Baggins, Amelie, Arwen, and Anne of Green Gables.

It says my strengths are that I'm empathetic, generous, open-minded, creative, passionate, and idealistic.

It says my weaknesses are that I'm unrealistic, self-isolating, unfocused, emotionally vulnerable, desperate to please, and self-critical.

There's a whole page on what an INFP is like in a romantic relationship. One quote is: "When they fall in love, Mediators reveal just how much passion thrums beneath their quiet exteriors. Devoted and loyal, they nevertheless respect their partner’s independence, aiming to accept their partners as they are. That said, these personalities also want to help their partners learn, grow, and pursue their goals. Mediators are always dreaming up ways to improve themselves and the world around them, and the last thing they’d want is for their partners to feel unhappy or stuck." I think that's fairly accurate!

There's also a page on what kind of friends INFPs are: One relatable quote is:
"When Mediators befriend someone, they may secretly (or not so secretly) hope to stay close with that person for life. These personalities are capable of strong, stable relationships marked by passionate support, subtle poetic wit, and a profound level of emotional insight. Long-standing friendships tend to draw out less obvious aspects of the Mediator personality type, including a fierce protective streak. Many Mediators find that they can stand up for their friends in ways that they’d struggle to manage for themselves.

Although Mediators value their friendships, they also need personal space and alone time in order to recharge. At times, people with this personality type may withdraw from even their closest friends in order to reconnect with themselves and restore their energy, as all Introverts must. These departures are usually temporary, but Mediators may need to make sure that their friends don’t feel snubbed by their absence."

On the parenting page it is quoted with, "Mediators may enjoy raising free spirits, but that doesn’t mean that they’re totally hands-off. They want to teach key values to their children, including honesty, compassion, and the importance of caring for others. They also want their children to understand the meaning of personal responsibility, especially when it comes to not hurting others."

The Career Path page was spot on: "Ever the idealists, Mediators might struggle to find a profession that meets their practical needs and fulfills their dreams. These personalities may drift in frustration, waiting for the perfect job to present itself and eventually feeling stuck or worried that they’re not living up to their potential."

And

"Sometimes Mediators may struggle to set boundaries, drill down on inefficiencies, or offer criticism, even when it’s necessary. This can slow down their team and create needless stress, both for Mediators and for their employees. At times, managers with this personality type may need to be strict for the good of their team – and the workplace as a whole."

That hit hard.

Anyway, I think the survey was extremely accurate, and I thought it might be fun and helpful for you to take it too. Why don't you post your results in the comments and a little summary of what that means?

It's found at: Free personality test, type descriptions, relationship and career advice | 16Personalities

It's been a while since I took this quiz, but I was a ISTP-T then too. "Friendly but very private, calm but suddenly spontaneous, extremely curious but unable to stay focused on formal studies" this rings really true for me.

New Threads

Top Bottom