• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was the last thing you made?

I was bored and decided to see if I could make the WWE heavyweight title belt from felt.

It's a work in progress.

20180126_160718.jpg

I was bored and decided to see if I could make the WWE heavyweight title belt from felt.

It's a work in progress.

View attachment 41768
im brain washed when ever I see felt or paper or card I think I but I could do it on the brother scan n cut I react to that particular machine like toad in toad of toad Hall when he saw a car

A failed science experiment. :( I seem to be good at making those lol. Hm, that reminds me of a Thomas A. Edison quote "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."

sewingpartsonline_sewing_machine_needle_infographic.png

With this chart I was able to figure out which type of needle I needed to repair a ripped canvas hassock. Denim needle worked, which I didn't know I had until I looked at it with a magnifying glass.

Last edited:
Popcorn! There's a popcorn machine at work with all the free popcorn you want, you just have to make it yourself. That is my breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

A birthday cake in the shape of a boxing ring.
(Why is it called a ring when it's definitely square?)

Four washable dog bed pads. Used double quilt. Quartered, hemmed, washed, dried and Ta Dah !! Bring on the rain and the snow and mud and all things inclement, my lads can snooze on clean bedding.

Fizzy jelly.
Dissolve cubes in boiling water, top up with lemonade instead of cold water.
Tastes great with double cream or ice cream :)

Last night I made a Thai-style mussel curry, served with grated celeriac and a parsnip & potato rösti. I had intended to make noodles out of the celeriac (celeriachetti?) but lost patience with the cheap spiraliser I'd bought in the Tesco clearance aisle.

Home fries.. maybe too bold for those who dont like flavor: Two large russet potatos, chopped into inch long and centimeter thick squares.. leave skin on and rinse them in strainer to remove any extra dirt and starch.. use one tblespoon olive oil and pour it on the potato squares.. then add half teaspoon of salt, garlic powder, and onion powder.. then quarter teasoon black pepper, turmeric , paprika, and cilantro.

Mix this good. Then heat up a very large frying pan under low medium heat. When its hot add another tablespoon of the oil. Then put the potatos in there and mix em around. After mixing them around, arrange them flat in the pan so that they dont overlap. Cook them five minutes per side.. cook them for about 25 or 30 minutes to get crsipy AF home fries. They go nice with seafood but as I said.. are very bold.. i made them today with steak and a sunnyside egg for breakfast.. i like really guhd s....

Dog enrichment toy.

Suspend used plastic bottles with lids on length of dowel by way of holes cut into side of bottles.

Cut out smaller holes in bottle sides.

Add kibble or treats to bottles.
Raise dowel with threaded bottles on stand to nose height required by breed.

Dogs have to move bottles (like a pendulum) to release treats intermittently.

My old Dobermann has to be instructed to “touch” in order to nudge the bottles with his nose.

My young Lurcher figured it out and had all three bottles empty of treats inside 25 minutes.

Shall have to make something else to work his brain :)

Dog enrichment toy.

Suspend used plastic bottles with lids on length of dowel by way of holes cut into side of bottles.

Cut out smaller holes in bottle sides.

Add kibble or treats to bottles.
Raise dowel with threaded bottles on stand to nose height required by breed.

Dogs have to move bottles (like a pendulum) to release treats intermittently.

My old Dobermann has to be instructed to “touch” in order to nudge the bottles with his nose.

My young Lurcher figured it out and had all three bottles empty of treats inside 25 minutes.

Shall have to make something else to work his brain :)
you could try making a chicken smoothie putting it into a bottle and trailing it along the ground , that's supposed to be stimulation for hunting dogs like a lurcher !

you could try making a chicken smoothie putting it into a bottle and trailing it along the ground , that's supposed to be stimulation for hunting dogs like a lurcher !

Thanks @Streetwise.
He loves ‘scent work’ when we’re out and about.
I’m not training him to hunt or course, he is my companion animal.
He’s primarily a ‘sight hound’ (tracks movement)
I’m developing his other senses so that he gets that ‘feel good’ from activities other than chasing movement.

Thanks for the tip :)

New Threads

Top Bottom