• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was the last thing you made?

An unbleached, sisal, knotted rope chew toy for the pup.

He can cut his adult teeth on that and leave my Oak chairs and young shrubs alone.

Of course, if I make one for the pup I have to make one for the old boy too or he feels left out.
(My hands are shredded, sisal is quite rough)
:)

He can cut his adult teeth on that and leave my Oak chairs and young shrubs alone.

Ice cubes dipped in peanut butter or gravy also work well, with the added bonus that they soothe the teething and inflamed gum area, pups like to play with them as well.

Sisal is nasty, it's called 'hank' or bailing twine in the area I grew up in, I re-sisal scratching posts on occasion and it irritates the skin quite badly.

Last edited:
Thanks @Mia :)

It is rough. Pup was spending time having a good go at the sisal on the various cat scratchers around the house.

It wasn't the cat scratchers he wanted, it was the sisal.
Ordered some from a Chandler and gave him what he wants.

I've got my ice cube trays full and in the freezer in readiness though, thanks for the tip :)

Really cold carrot (washed and whole and supervised) he enjoys nibbling and biting down on too.

Thanks @Mia :)

It is rough. Pup was spending time having a good go at the sisal on the various cat scratchers around the house.

It wasn't the cat scratchers he wanted, it was the sisal.
Ordered some from a Chandler and gave him what he wants.

I've got my ice cube trays full and in the freezer in readiness though, thanks for the tip :)

Really cold carrot (washed and whole and supervised) he enjoys nibbling and biting down on too.
The dog that lived with me loved broccoli stalks it would eat the little flowery bits as well
Loved bananas as well

A potato planter. Saw a video.
1. Get two large, heavy duty flower pots, that can nest in each other.
2. Cut large "windows "in one; big enough to get your hand in, but leave enough of the pot for structural stability.
3.Pot window pot inside intact pot.
4. Put in potting mix, and a few old sprouting spuds. Cover spuds, but only half full with potting mix.
5. As spuds sprout, they displace potting mix. May need to add more mix to keep spuds covered.
6. To pick spuds, lift out inside pot, stick hand through window. No need to dig up half an acre of ground for spuds!

Well that's the theory. I went a bit overboard and bought pots with excellent structural integrity. Nothing a drill and hacksaw blade won't fix!
We'll see how the spuds grow.

Worked for 2 hours on my "practice" visual novel this morning. I'm having a lot of fun with it; Tyranobuilder is actually a pretty good program once you learn how to use it. (I'm still annoyed that you can't use mp3s for music though...)

Anyway I'd post a screenshot but the dialogue in the game isn't very appropriate for general audiences so... yeah... Not gonna happen...

20171022_182728.jpg
20171022_182737.jpg
I finally finished the electrical portion of my oscilloscope clock kit project and troubleshooting it. The board wasn't too clear on where the X2 wire went. Naturally, I had a 50/50 chance and got it wrong... I noticed that it was wrong after comparing it to the X1 wire. Now, the fun part, phase 2, deciding what to do about making a case to display it in!

Ooh lovely. I’d like to see a photo. No pressure for uploading; only if you want. :D
Voilà!
IMG_20171022_194041.jpg

I made it at a flower-arranging workshop last Wednesday. I must admit (which may sound rather un-Aspergerish) that I went along as much for the opportunity to meet people in my area, and was rather disappointed that the event appeared to be dominated by a crowd of regulars who only spoke to each other. However the workshop leader has recognised me around town more than once. :)

A couple of days ago I started working on making a Cthulhu plushie out of socks. It's actually going better than expected. I really should finish it but I've been feeling too lazy.

I made Ghost Hunt in Scratch this morning, downloaded the Windows version because the scripts don't work on the online version.

And then I discovered a problem with the script for controlling the Witch sprite, I'll sort that next week.

New Threads

Top Bottom