• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was the last thing you made?

Sadly,
A final resting place for my old Dobermann.

It was time.

He was glorious, valiant, bold, a clown, such an infectious enthusiasm for life and my 24hour stalker/shadow.

During his last months, together we were whipping a pup into shape (not literally whipping)
Teaching. Teaching a young dog how to be part of our family (and particularly my ‘aspie-attachment’ to a dog.)

I wish there was something I could design and make to ease the ache in my heart.

But I suppose anything less than how I feel wouldn’t honour him or ten plus years of incredible experience and memories.
Such sweet, aching sorrow.

(staff, please move this if I’m interrupting the flow of the threads purpose)
Thank you.

I made a snowbank with the snowblower since it's still winter here.

2 weeks ago I made an origami crane from a restaurant placement. I do that from time to time, as it's the only origami I know. A kid taught me how to make them in 6th grade.

Today I constructed a tiny rocking chair for my (as yet to be born) nephew's bedroom. It's really cute. I'm going to make a little cushion to go on it too.

I wish there was something I could design and make to ease the ache in my heart.

But I suppose anything less than how I feel wouldn’t honour him or ten plus years of incredible experience and memories.
Such sweet, aching sorrow.

Gracey ಠ_ಠ

cake.jpg
Cocoa cake with chocolate buttercream frosting, it's all gone now.:eek:

I don't know if you could consider this something that is made but,
The last thing I made was a little python tool that sorts all the pixels in the image by colour.

The picture to left is the original image, the image on the right is sorted by pixel colour.
compare.png

I had no reason to make this, other than being bored.

Trifle with slices of pound cake and strawberries and blueberries. Too lazy to take a picture this one's from the internet:

Strawberry-Custard-Trifle.jpg

Trifle with slices of pound cake and strawberries and blueberries. Too lazy to take a picture this one's from the internet:

View attachment 46411
We just had a load of similar delights come thru the resale shop that were made with chocolate cake,caramel and various icings.
I took one home just because I could :cool:

If it is to be death by dessert, then so be it :D

A refillable, waterproof (oil cloth) dog-waste-bag holder with caribina to attach to lead/leash or similar.

(Unusual hot UK weather meant not wearing clothes with any pockets, nowhere to stuff poop bags to take out with us)

A 50cm wide, half check dog collar.
Couldn’t find one I liked to suit the elegant long neck of a brindle coloured greyhound type on the internet.
Or at least, I wasn’t paying the imaginative prices of the ones I might have considered.

Made then both at the same time.
Both are the last things I made.
(Not including food)

Made some flowers from recycled clear plastic water bottles last night with a group. They were painted and very pretty!

Not sure it counts for the spirit of the discussion, but I build model kits. Recently finished major construction on a 1/35 M4A3E8. Waiting for the primer to cure fully before painting...

Kites, (to fly outside) with the ‘grandchildren’
(One biological grandchild, two that came as a package with the mother)

They designed them, I helped fix them together. It was the only help they needed.

New Threads

Top Bottom