• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was the last thing you made?

I make stuff all the time, but it is boring machined parts that are smaller metal parts for larger objects for the most part.

For instance, I recently made an adapter bolt to mount the recently adapted laser level to a better photographic tripod than the less than 100% quality one I already had.

No pix of the bolt, but here's the laser level with the new aluminum adapter on it. An adapter had to be made in order to fit it onto the rotating assembly that was too narrow to accept a better functioned laser level in order to use it for a theodolite.
https://www.autismforums.com/media/adapter-bolted-in-place.10899/

This image shows the rotating assembly(yellow part) that required a custom bolt to adapt it from 5/8-11 tpi internal threads to 1/4-20 tpi internal threads to fit the thread in my photo tripod quick change mount.
https://www.autismforums.com/media/craftsman-laser-level-with-added-functions.10897/#media

This was done so I could set the support pilings level of a construction project in the works.

Yeah, I'm making a new enclosed porch too :p
Site prep is everything when you are striving for perfection in an imperfect world ;)

Just a small example of some of the things I can made with my machine tools instead of buying them.

Recently, I opened up my woodshop to make an 8" wooden riser for a tablesaw stand so my aching old back won't have to bend so far to use it.

Need it to make that damned porch go easier :rolleyes:

No pix of that yet because it isn't painted or bolted in place yet.

It's hell getting old, but I'm preparing for it early :D

Last edited:
Table saw riser
2x8  saw stand riser.jpg
Finished riser.jpg

A 2x8" riser was constructed to raise the saw from it's original back breaking height.

Two pieces of 3/4" plywood were cut then screwed together to make a rigid top.
After those parts were assembled, the clearance hole was formed by using a 2" hole saw for the corners, then the remaining cuts were done with a power saw.
All edges were sanded to give it a finished look.

I intend to paint it before mounting my 1960s vintage Craftsman 10" cast iron table saw with a side wing extension.

Not bad for a $20 original investment for the saw and material leftover from another project.

I love the quality of vintage machinery and the satisfaction of bringing it back to life :D

I've made warm meat salad, please watch video for my warm meat salad in the making since I also made a movie about it.

I even remade the test pattern to make it look better than the 70's.

I just finished crafting a bed for my 18-inch dolls from cereal boxes like the one I had seen in a YouTube video. My cat Mischief, as usual, had to make himself a part of the photo I took of it.:smilecat:
20181122_142910.jpg

I just made my own version of Grinch pancakes. I made the hearts by cutting Fruit-by-the-Foot into heart shapes. 100% edible, does not contain any sauerkraut or arsenic sauce.:yum:
20181208_181358.jpg

Chocolate pudding from scratch:

1 Cup of sugar ( Used 1/2 C + 3 Tbs. of agave syrup)
1/2 C. Cocoa powder
1/4 C. Cornstarch (or use 1/8th C. arrowroot powder mixed with cold liquid adding as it begins to boil)
1/8 t. salt
4 C. milk (used soy milk, and have used coconut milk and almond milk)
(cinnamon, coffee powder, nutmeg if you like:))

Mix dry ingredients in heavy bottom pan. Using a whisk add milk 1 Cup at a time, stirring well.
Let reach boiling point, stirring. Remove from heat, add vanilla and or other flavourings.

Stir, pour in bowls and let cool.
Note: if using arrowroot, the consistency of the pudding will be slightly softer.

upload_2018-12-8_22-26-52.jpeg
Not my photo.

Last edited:
Fixed an old lamp that never worked that I found in a closet, by rewiring it and replacing the plug:

x.jpg
Yahoo ᕦ(ಠvಠ)ᕥ

Good to hear in world where so many products are designed to be so disposable.

It was so simply wired, I pigtailed the two wires easily and covered the connections with electrical tape as the whole socket and pull switch and entire lamp is metal, and wired in the plug. It's so well made, of brass, that I could fix it over and over. If it wasn't for the internet, and youtube videoes I would have never thought to do it.
Before the internet, I would have had to look for and buy a book. While I was repairing it, I discovered that it was an Aladdin lamp made in 1910. Who wouldn't want Aladdin's lamp? ^‿^

Last edited:
Made some steps to replace some rotten ones, and found out the hard way that unless viewed from the right spot, the saws digital readout cuts the top off of "nines", and makes them look like "fours". 39 degree cuts don't work when the design calls for 34 degrees.
LZJZ0534R.JPG

Made some steps to replace some rotten ones, and found out the hard way that unless viewed from the right spot, the saws digital readout cuts the top off of "nines", and makes them look like "fours". 39 degree cuts don't work when the design calls for 34 degrees.View attachment 50920

That looks great! I assume you figured out how to correct your mistake. Good job!

I made this drawing of a "fairymermicorn". It's really too bad I'll never get a real career out of making things like this.:disappointed:
Scan_20190109.jpg

Fixed an old lamp that never worked that I found in a closet, by rewiring it and replacing the plug:

x.jpg
Yahoo ᕦ(ಠvಠ)ᕥ
I'll see your refurbished desk lamp and raise you a hand-made steampunk one I tossed together :p

20190125_145227.jpg
20190125_144229.jpg
20190125_145033.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom