• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Royal Wedding - Livestream

I won't repeat my main views of the royal family here and I will boycott everything to do with this wedding or the royal family, please see this thread for my reasons:

Today it's 20 years since Princess Diana died!

Specific to this thread I will only say that it's disgusting that the UK public are being forced to pay even more millions to this on top of all the millions already paid to make them live a life of absolute luxury and that this is another media hyped farce to falsely make the royal family look great, sadly far too many people are brainwashed into believing this. What is there to celebrate, we don't know them and we are only vermin to them? Every time you pass a wedding of people you haven't met do you celebrate? Well I'm sure they're MUCH more deserving.

I just celebrate it for what it is, a wedding. I don't like the idea that royal weddings come from the taxpayer's pocket especially during hard times but it's is a momentous occasion and they don't come around often.

In truth, I find it hard to accept the royal family etc, because of how they live, compared to how others live and it is astonishing that most just accept it that way. However, in truth, I got curious and did watch it via live stream on youtube and was impressed with the Duchess of Sussex ie Meghan, because she played it simply and in that, she looked amazing.

I did note though, that there was a heck of a lot of disgrunted looking guests hehe perhaps because they hoped for a more elaberate wedding and disappointed with how it focussed on spirituality.

Clearly Harry is in love with his new wife, but I confess, I am not convinced that she recipricates it and happy to be proven wrong.

Many say, she has given an awful lot up, which is true, but when you set out to achieve a goal, you often are willing to give up a lot to get there.

I am generally not into weddings, because sadly I see the divorce that comes along, but I was intriqued by this one.

Unfortunately, it is the way of the world that the rich and famous get a lot of support and security and the "peasants" have to survive on their wits!

I read not so long ago, of a woman who had a break in and the police actually said that they were not interested in helping and then a famous person who does not live that far from her, had a break in and the police were immediately helping and taking selfies.

It is sad but true: the rich get things for free; the poor have to pay.

Sorry, I know that was not what this thread was about.

Bit disappointed.

Was hoping Elton John would do new words for one of his old hits, rocket man maybe.

Ginger man
Getting married to the woman from suits today.
Giner man

I think it's going to last a long long time..

I am not from UK so judging is a bit complicated.
Especially because i am french ( And not someone living in a country that never had a king) I know for a fact that the people didnt realy decided to kill the king, it's more like a coup d'Etat or something like that made by a violent minority with the help of some hungry crowds.

So, I can understand that for many people there is still a place in their heart for a family that represents the long term history of their country , something that has root and that so many countries lack.

But is it realy the reason why all of this is celebrated? I dont know. I dont think so.

But yeah I just dont care basically , and as a guy who always run away from the crowds , I dont realy like that, even in France, so many people turned their tv to watch this and talk mostly about that, I know for a fact that 3 days later they wont care about it anymore.

To me it looks like a bunch of sheeps following something just because the media created some hype around it.

But this wedding as some political connotation even more important that the previous wedding, In ancient times when a alliance between kingdoms were made often they were a wedding between the ruler of the main kingdom and a princess from the nobility of the other country.

Here this marriage acknowledge how the people of the UK looks like today, in a larger scale how the western world is regarding its population. And that is also one reason why this is so heavely broadcasted.

Not criticizing there, just showing what matters in this moment.

Last edited:
Well, given that there's no chance of there NOT being a royal wedding, this one was at least bi-racial and bi-cultural and I give that credit to Harry who looks a nice fellow. Nice that the Brits are welcoming in , not only an American & older divorcee but a biracial one at that. That's a whole lot more than would be likely in the US if we had royalty here.

Last edited:
Well, given that there's no chance of there NOT being a royal wedding, this one was at least bi-racial and bi-cultural and I give that credit to Harry who looks a nice fellow. Nice that the Brits are welcoming in , not only an American & older divorcee but a biracial one at that. That's a whole lot more than would be likely in the US if we had royalty here.

Perhaps they can chalk that up to an 81 year old "learning curve".

Since the marriage of Edward VIII and Wallis Simpson. Times have indeed changed. ;)

Though admittedly both Meghan Markle and Prince Harry don't seem to have had quite the same controversial history as did Wallis Simpson and Edward VIII. And of course it's almost certain they will never be Britain's reigning monarchs.

Last edited:

I also noticed he's aging from the back to the front .

The back of his head is 60 years old.

Also spotted a hint of Romanov in his big face.

@Fridgemagnetman : "I also noticed he's aging from the back to the front .

The back of his head is 60 years old."

LOL. Well, if one has to lose hair, back to front seems the best way round. After all you can always stand with your back to the wall.

Yeah I did pass comment this morning that HRH Prince William, who's only about 36, actually looks quite a bit older IMO.

But the guy does have a stressful job.

Why does it have to be even on this forum...

1. We're allowed to post articles that aren't about Autism in the Off-Topic section.
2. Some people on here might have wanted to watch the wedding if they didn't have access to it on TV.
3. It's a historical event, so I felt it good to share it.

Well I thought my view of the royals and the royal wedding was bad. I won't link directly to it, but for an extremely negative view of the royal wedding and the royals in general visit Youtube and search for "divid icke royal wedding special", near the beginning he says that we now have another royal on the payroll and questions what she's done or achieved to have her privileged luxury guaranteed for life, he asks what has she done to manifest such a life out of nothing? The answer is "she's marrying a bloke.... who just happens to be a member of the royal version of the Addams Family", lol! A lot of what he says I do agree with however, although David Icke has gone too far with some of his conspiracies. He does also state a fact that she's not marrying into the Windsor clan, she's really marrying into a German family called "Saxe-Coburg and Gotha", the name Windsor was taken from the name of the castle because it sounded British in 1917. I don't have anything against Germans, but the change was made because of anti German sentiment during WW1, yet despite this most people think the royals are of British origin and the queen is meant to represent the British Commonwealth.

Last edited:
1. We're allowed to post articles that aren't about Autism in the Off-Topic section.
2. Some people on here might have wanted to watch the wedding if they didn't have access to it on TV.
3. It's a historical event, so I felt it good to share it.

3. Harry was also following royal tradition.

Yes. Apparently he was wearing William the Conquerors underpants.

Who built the castle,back in the day.

Well I thought my view of the royals and the royal wedding was bad. I won't link directly to it, but for an extremely negative view of the royal wedding and the royals in general visit Youtube and search for "divid icke royal wedding special", near the beginning he says that we now have another royal on the payroll and questions what she's done or achieved to have her privileged luxury guaranteed for life, he asks what has she done to manifest such a life out of nothing? The answer is "she's marrying a bloke.... who just happens to be a member of the royal version of the Addams Family", lol! A lot of what he says I do agree with however, although David Icke has gone too far with some of his conspiracies. He does also state a fact that she's not marrying into the Windsor clan, she's really marrying into a German family called "Saxe-Coburg and Gotha", the name Windsor was taken from the name of the castle because it sounded British in 1917. I don't have anything against Germans, but the change was made because of anti German sentiment during WW1, yet despite this most people think the royals are of British origin and the queen is meant to represent the British Commonwealth.

What you said reminds me of this scene from Blackadder Goes Forth.

New Threads

Top Bottom