• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does anyone remember nightcore and Alvin and the Chipmunk covers?

XEmoCatX

Idk if it is the right place to post it but does anyone remember nightcore/Alvin and the Chipmunk covers.

I noticed that people call it sped up (tiktok version) or something now.

I have nothing against sped up btw

Pixel Rainbow GIF

Uh Oh Oops GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

I remember only the cartoon and the singing of the chipmunks.

Before the Monkees arrived. Then Alvin, Theodore, Simon and even Dave were doomed. ;)

"ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLVVVVVVVVVVVVIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNN !"

"Yes, Dave?" :p

I was more into "Top Cat" at the time.

Still remembered asking my Mom if I could live in a trashcan. :D
I don’t remember things on my own, but when someone else mentions these cartoons, it’s like, oh, yeah. I liked Top Cat. I can even remember the song that went with it. - now that you mention it.

An old one I was otherwise reminded of recently was Heckle and Jeckle.

Oh boy. I was a tiny tyke when my Dad played the 'new thing'- The Chipmunks LP, on Christmas eve. It played for about 15 minutes before Dad put the record back in the album sleeve, never to be heard again! Gave me an acute case of ear-worm even at that age.

Much later, Bob Rivers revisited the early 60's mania and produced an updated version:
Still annoying!

Cheers.

I remember seeing unofficial Chipmunk covers of obscene songs on YouTube.

Yeah I do; the first time I heard one was when I unintentionally listened to the Nightcore version of "Dum Dadi Doo" that was used as the music for an Anime AMV on YouTube:

The problem I have with Nightcore songs is that it can ruin the original song afterwards as it then feels like it's playing in slow motion, so I felt it best not to listen to Nightcore versions of songs.

I don't know what the initial post refers to specifically. But, I love listening to Chipmunk Punk slowed down. You can find the different tracks on YouTube.

My dad had The Chipmunks on vinyl when I was a child. Probably 1975. I remember thinking it was confusing because I couldn’t make the connection between the high-pitched singing and the name of the artist.

I pondered the question of how they took popular songs and sung the words at so many octaves higher, changing the pitch without speeding it up, for decades.

I love it! No memory of it, except at the end - Bob Clampett rings a bell.
I have a scary detailed recollection of life back to the age of four. Earlier than that it becomes murky. I still recall watching really old cartoons though..like "Ruff & Reddy (1957) and "Clutch Cargo" (1959).

Funny to think the animated version of Alvin and the Chipmunks go all the way back to 1958.

I have a scary detailed recollection of life back to the age of four. Earlier than that it becomes murky. I still recall watching really old cartoons though..like "Ruff & Reddy (1957) and "Clutch Cargo" (1959).

Funny to think the animated version of Alvin and the Chipmunks go all the way back to 1958.
I sure remember Clutch Cargo! The weird animation where most of the figure was static except when needed. Like the lips would move when talking, but not any other part of the face. I think I also liked it because he was some kind of explorer.

I don’t remember Ruff and Reddy.

I sure remember Clutch Cargo! The weird animation where most of the figure was static except when needed. Like the lips would move when talking, but not any other part of the face. I think I also liked it because he was some kind of explorer.

I don’t remember Ruff and Reddy.

Clutch Cargo was cool....until a few years later when Jonny Quest came along. :cool:

LOL....I had to go to my friend's house to see Jonny Quest in color.

No singing rodents in this one...lol.

Nope. No memories of that one.

LOL...Understandable given as I recall the programming wasn't intended to attract young girls. Lasting only one season, 1964 to 1965.

Oddly enough in primetime, Friday nights at 7:30pm. Us young boys ate it up like candy. I suppose it might have lasted years had it been on Saturday morning. I don't recall another cartoon being on in primetime at that time.

LOL...Understandable given as I recall the programming wasn't intended to attract young girls. Lasting only one season, 1964 to 1965.

Oddly enough in primetime, Friday nights at 7:30pm. Us young boys ate it up like candy. I suppose it might have lasted years had it been on Saturday morning. I don't recall another cartoon being on in primetime at that time.
Ok. That was after I gave up TV entirely. I was 9 years old.

New Threads

Top Bottom