• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I was sad today.

Gerald Wilgus

V.I.P Member
Yesterday, I was loading recumbent trikes into my Durango to take my Little Brother out on a ride. I started hearing loud meowing in the garage. I finally located it coming from the engine compartment of my MR2. Got a trap from the animal shelter, loaded it with a sardine and left it near the car. Later I heard the snap and found that I had caught a kitten. She was barely one pound. I looked all over to see if there were more of her litter mates around but found none. I suspect that she got in when a door was left open overnight a couple of days ago.

So we took her in and kept her in our enclosed porch. She took a liking to me, coming to see me when I was close by and screaming her head off at the screen door when I left. She would approach me, tail held high, and enjoyed marking me, head butting, climbing over me and purring all the time. She had the most beautiful blue eyes. I contacted a local group, Community Cats, who arranged for a Vet to check her out.

So today I brought her in and relinquished her since she would probably outlive me. I was sad because she was such a sweet kitten. But I know that they are good about finding good homes for their cats. I realize that she has such a trusting personality that with TLC she will fit into a home nicely and I take solace in that. Here is a pic of us.

IMG_20240523_224706.jpg

Doing the sensible (right) thing is often a mixed bag of emotions. Long term, you made sure that kitty was safe and set up for the best possible future. By giving that kitty a chance at adoption you have by extention offered a huge opportunity for love and potential for another person.

Consider the impact our pets have in our lives, what a privilege they are to have and know. How much they can help with mental health and things like loneliness. The you've given that chance to someone who may really need it. That is the embodiment of compassion and real kindness.

Stories like this are a reminder that there are good people in the world.

Too sweet. Yup, that's a partner in crime. I just sent a cat youtube video to somebody yesterday just because the eyes were so expressive.

They are born with blue eyes and then they grow out of it and change color.
I had one adult black cat that had violet eyes. Growing out of blue eyes is what I have heard and why I was searching for any littermates in the area since it was so young. I hope that coyotes did not get them. There are some cruel people who dump animals in our rural area. The outfit, Community Cats, tries to keep up. One of the best things they have done is to trap feral cats, neuter them and return them to where they were found, suppressing the feral cat population.

My wifes female cat, limps like my seems unusually attracted to me. Woke me up during my stroke. So noisy I swear she attempts talking.

I had one adult black cat that had violet eyes. Growing out of blue eyes is what I have heard and why I was searching for any littermates in the area since it was so young. I hope that coyotes did not get them. There are some cruel people who dump animals in our rural area. The outfit, Community Cats, tries to keep up. One of the best things they have done is to trap feral cats, neuter them and return them to where they were found, suppressing the feral cat population.

It was very nice of you to help the cat. A lot of people wouldn't care.

This is a great thing to see. I personally think I could benefit mentally from having a pet. But I need to get myself in order first, before I can take care of a cat or dog.

This is a great thing to see. I personally think I could benefit mentally from having a pet. But I need to get myself in order first, before I can take care of a cat or dog.
Being responsible for another life, even a cat, is a task that takes a person out of themself. The issue, too, is that one must take what one gets, because it usually is a while for their personality to emerge. We have two sister cats that were 5 years old when we got them (5 years ago). One is pleasant and pays more attention to my spouse, though she is mercenary and will visit me expecting a treat (which I usually give her). The other I think is autistic (for a cat) as she seems to have sensory issues and is skittish. She hides a lot, but I have been working on her and now she tolerates my petting her most times yet sometimes runs away. She is a hard one to like but I am devoted to her care and comfort because I just can't reject another living thing that I committed to care for.

New Threads

Top Bottom