• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Wrong Planet

Wrong Planet 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still have a rather confessing PM from him. Sworn to secrecy, but after I read it I ran.
so there was a lot more going on than what even we know publically? i knew there were a lot of issues,i had a feeling something was going on behind the scenes,especially as alex never answered the mod team.

I admit, I thought wrongplanet was okay at first.... then I kept going to the love and dating section. There's a lot of misogyny coming from the users and I've noticed that a lot of males like to post on the women's forum as a strange way of asserting dominance. There are only a few select nice people on it, and most people seem like they use it as an outlet for their extreme opinions. I'm glad I joined here because I don't get that sense of hostility and I'm unafraid of being myself.

The last time I went there and looked at the recent posts, the first 3 were political idiocy, nothing to do with aspie issues. We just had a whole campaign of that and the last thing I want to see is more of same.

Its all a gender war and shaming of genders of each side, radical 3rd wave feminism and political correctness, anyone who dissagrees or is middle ground and sick of being kept down and speaks up is banned!

I admit, I thought wrongplanet was okay at first.... then I kept going to the love and dating section. There's a lot of misogyny coming from the users and I've noticed that a lot of males like to post on the women's forum as a strange way of asserting dominance. There are only a few select nice people on it, and most people seem like they use it as an outlet for their extreme opinions. I'm glad I joined here because I don't get that sense of hostility and I'm unafraid of being myself.
WP is the biggest most well known autism community on the net and that is also its biggest failiure,to many people repeating the same subjects-so its regular members get fed up of repeating so they just stop replying to the newbies,to many arseholes;some who are just there to take advantage of the vulnerable with multiple 'sockpuppets', some prolific people with big agendas,moderators who like to wave their power around and no good moderation since cornflake left i gather,he was the only mod i found listened to me and he didnt treat you like crap.
oh not to mention its business links to oldskool autism speaks,we need to remember autism speaks is a merge of two companies including 'defeat autism now' which researched and promoted curing autism through various ways including mercury chelation,i dont want to be any part of that no matter how many excuses alex makes.

i also find this community so laid back and friendly,we all make accomodations for each other,apart from the odd one who uses their diagnosis as an excuse to be nasty-but the mods are straight onto that unlike sites like WP.
i recently bought a VIP account here as i love the site,and i recommend it to other people only roughly £8 a year or $10 if i remember correctly,as it helps to pay the costs.

When I joined, the impression I got there was that there is good and bad, that the site is very, excuse my use of the term, diverse. I was surprised at how nasty some people were against other members, and I saw people complain that mods were defending bullies while banning others. Whether that's true I don't know. I did see a thread some guy made when he stopped posting for good (he had apparently been a mod at one time) and the responses were very divided, with about half of them saying he was an awful bully and the other half basically worshipping him.

WP is not an equal site it is sexist as hell! Misandry is okay and overlooked while Mysogyny is paid attention to with a certian degree until you go to love and dating then it goes tio ****! The feminists on that site laugh at male victims of rape and domestic violence and only focus on women in the same situation. Translation is only women being raped and abused is bad but men being raped and abused is funny and ok and men dont matter!

WP refugee here, too. The site is very controlling. Too many ads and all sorts of doo-dads all over. It feels like you are in a circus with prison guards attending.

Glad I found this site. People here are kind and gentle and understanding. It's a safe place. And I am about to cough up the $35 to get rid of the few ads forever :)

WP is overrun by SJW feminists, they never liked and scoweled at the fact i identified as egalitarian.

I saw a post on there not long ago saying that the more extreme radfems who used to tear into people had for the most part left and weren't around anymore.

But I did get a pretty bizarre response to a post I made by what I assume was one, she took a small part out of context and posted a bunch of female supremacy stuff that said women were biologically superior to men and then she went on to mock "people on the spectrum". It really didn't make any sense. :I

the first 3 were political idiocy, nothing to do with aspie issues.

Going to interject here: I encourage that sort of back-and-forth on my site simply because even though it's a site for aspies, that's not the sole purpose of the site. Nor should it be. Yeah, discuss your issues, but you need to be able to discuss other feelings and other topics.

I actually joined up there a few months before found this site, but didn't like it... Their chatroom sucks, and is not very mobile-friendly... Frankly, I doubt I'll ever go on WrongPlanet ever again...

After years of trouble-free participation – no warnings, no cautionary PMs, nothing – I was permanently banned from WP under false pretenses ("sock puppetry" … I had to look it up). Presumably a mod, or the site owner, didn't like my opinion about something. There's no transparency, no court of appeal – other than Alex, who won't answer an email even to tell me to eff off. I have zero respect for such a person.

I used to direct interested parties to WP. Now I suggest they look anywhere else.

After years of trouble-free participation – no warnings, no cautionary PMs, nothing – I was permanently banned from WP under false pretenses ("sock puppetry" … I had to look it up). Presumably a mod, or the site owner, didn't like my opinion about something. There's no transparency, no court of appeal – other than Alex, who won't answer an email even to tell me to eff off. I have zero respect for such a person.

I used to direct interested parties to WP. Now I suggest they look anywhere else.

I've been called a sock puppet before by people who didn't like my opinion. Pretty sad that the only way they can counter your argument is by accusing you of not being a real person.

IMO the worst ASD-related board I have seen. Full of Asperger wannabes (some kind of freaky wish that they wished they had Aspergers.... like, really?) - also mismanaged, like often quite hostile and vitriolic discussions not broken up by moderators. When things like this are unattended then old wounds fester and deepen. I tried WrongPlanet a couple of times and while it does have some good aspects, for me it wasn't a fit and it would be on my AVOID list. I always thought Alex was a Plank.

Last edited:
"A sockpuppet is an online identity used for purposes of deception.
The term, a reference to the manipulation of a simple hand puppet
made from a sock, originally referred to a false identity assumed
by a member of an Internet community who spoke to, or about,
themselves while pretending to be another person."
Sockpuppet (Internet) - Wikipedia

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom