• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Wrong Planet

Wrong Planet 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm taking a break from there. I'm also feeling I have to walk on eggshells and I can't post anything without anyone thinking I have an agenda there or that I am talking about someone when in fact I am talking about myself or speaking in general or talking from a personal experience or someone thinking I am insulting people there. Deja vu.
I have felt the same way, having to walk on eggshells all the time to a point of feeling uncomfortable as a means to make others feel comfortable. I was being baited and bullied and stuck up for myself when the mods did nothing, and banned me instead.

i liked cornflake and tallyman as well,cant recall hyperlexian and ive been there since 2005 which is weird.

the problem i had with WP is there was a lot of bullying going on,i was groomed by a user [not sure if allowed to state their names] using multiple accounts,and from there she/he started bullying me,severely.they knew i was non verbal and unable to express my stress to anyone else,and they purposely targedted me because of this,they also strangely used my blog and my words on WP to mimick my level of autism and they changed their personality from someone high functioning;driving and working in a hospital ward for sick kids,to someone who was low functioning like me.
i felt i had my very first friend when i was been groomed by her because we were so alike but its because she was just copying my traits/difficulties/likes/dislikes.

she made me suicidal eventually,and was regulary telling me i dont belong on WP because i am LFA and my words mean nothing,she told me i was a burden on society and i need to kill myself.
i became very pyschotic and extremely depressed,and it affected my challenging behavior which was now at a extreme level, i ended up sectioned in a intelectual disability hospital for 4 months and i lost my home.
i am still very damaged by this and apart from to report what happened which got her main account banned, have never gone back to WP since because the site was full of her sock puppets.

i recently gained internet after living without it since january this year and i decided this week to look into visiting an autism forum again so i came back here,taking kitten steps,not rushing into it.

I feel like I recognise who you are and I think I was familiar with your posts? I'm sorry that WP had made you feel that way. Just because a person who is non-verbal, doesn't mean that the person has no voice, it so happens that you have a voice in a different sense, of course through words via the internet. Everybody in a sense has values in their own ways and the fact that you have a voice, it should matter.

It reminds me of this person Carly Fleischmann. She's non-verbal and was recognised to not have a voice, until she started typing, there she found a voice and is basically an advocate.

Unfortunately, you will come across all sorts of people, especially bullies who think less of other people. They tend to have their own personal issues that they themselves are unable to overcome and feel the need to bully somebody who are less able or in their eyes somebody vulnerable. Speaking about it and reporting it would be the best thing to do and hopefully a moderator or somebody would be able to do something about it, hopefully making the right decision.

I left Wrong Planet because I found them accusational and nowhere near accommodating when needed, so I broke ties. I feel that mental health sites shouldn't be that way. I didn't leave under the best conditions, I was indeed banned from Wrong Planet, but I kind of forced that situation because I knew the environment was unhealthy for me, and I wanted to never return there. I'm actually really scared people here will recognize me based on my interests, and automatically dislike me, but I needed to move on, and find a new home.

I left Wrong Planet because I found them accusational and nowhere near accommodating when needed, so I broke ties. I feel that mental health sites shouldn't be that way. I didn't leave under the best conditions, I was indeed banned from Wrong Planet, but I kind of forced that situation because I knew the environment was unhealthy for me, and I wanted to never return there. I'm actually really scared people here will recognize me based on my interests, and automatically dislike me, but I needed to move on, and find a new home.
Wrong planet sucks ad is over run by bullies, its no longer a safe haven! If you speak up against what you oppose they will silence and threaten to ban you and kee you oppressed, I was like to hell with it, stood up for myself got banned but kept my dignity in cheack the site is garbage and not a real help site for autistics. Alex has flown the coop anywho.

Wrong planet sucks ad is over run by bullies, its no longer a safe haven! If you speak up against what you oppose they will silence and threaten to ban you and kee you oppressed, I was like to hell with it, stood up for myself got banned but kept my dignity in cheack the site is garbage and not a real help site for autistics. Alex has flown the coop anywho.

Yeah, I felt the same way. It's in no way supportive or therapeutic to bully and accuse autistic individuals, who may otherwise be ill-equipped to handle the situation. Like myself, and like you. It puts unnecessary stress on us...at least, it put a lot of stress on me, and I spent the next few hours crying and in a panicked state.

I'm sorry they banned you too, but at least we're here and safe! :)

Damn, I lack so much awareness I didn't see any of this happening there. There have been the "People talk about me in threads" posts but I never noticed it. Plus I don't really go to "post a anonymous message to a anonymous WP user" thread. When I visited it, it was just negative stuff and it was a way to attack members without really saying it to them directly and also a way to make members paranoid.

I've recently quit posting at WP. It's simply far too partisan for me. It also seems to be in the process of losing quite a lot of established posters who've become disenchanted with the place. The rate of new posts has dropped noticeably. It looks to me as though the place is in a state of lingering terminal decline. Someone should do the humane thing, pull the plug on it and put it out of its misery.

Unfortunately, it's only 3 to 4 people that made my life miserable to the point I pretty much left WP, namely, nurseangela (aka grumpy cat, who left here some time ago), Jacoby, and Raptor. My biggest beef is with nurseangela (grumpy cat). I don't agree with her politics, but that's my problem. My biggest beef is she totally eviscerates any and everyone who does not 100% agrees with her. She has done that to quite a few people that show even a minimal amount of disagreement. She doesn't even believe in agreeing to disagree, and leave it at that. I as much as told her, to her face, that I no longer had any respect for her, because of her actions. I got a harangue that I am no better than Judge and Harrison. Every time I interact with her, I get reported to WP's admins. She has yet to learn that you got to give respect before you can expect respect. There's a fine line between having a heated discussion, and ripping a person a new rear end. She is totally unhinged. Unfortunately, people like Jacoby have drunk the same Kool-Aid she has drunk and can not be reasoned with.

I ran into big problems with Raptor (and, to a lesser extent, Dox) after making an innocuous comment about getting training after purchasing any kind of firearm being mandatory. You would have thought, by his reply, I was advocating for the repeal of the 2nd amendment. Look, I live in deer hunting territory. I don't have any need for a gun, but I'm not against ownership of some types of guns. I'm just saying get training once you purchase the gun.

I'm not that hard to get along with. My therapist say I'm a Mr. Nice Guy, who gets taken advantage of too often. It takes a lot to p!ss me off. But, woe to them that push me too far. The latest person who's asking for it is a black guy from the 'hood I've been chauffeuring around because of another DUI. He has been trying me ever since I met him. Lately, he's been getting his jollies by attempting to grab my genitals, then laughing when I show my disgust and threaten to deck him. I'm ready to start carrying an oak 2x4 and smacking him across the head with it. I can hear his mother right now if and when that happens: "It's about time he stood up to you. You deserved it!"

I don't like WP and I don't post there. I used to post here a long while ago. My life fell apart so I haven't been a part of any communites, BUT, that welcome thread to the ABA practicioner
is entirely justified, or at least understandable. ABA is a horrible practice and is strongly criticised by autism activists and practicioners are seen as somewhat of an enemy. I don't want to get into the details of what is wrong with it, it's already quite a feat that I'm writing this post, but they attempt to train the 'autism' out of us. It would be like someone from Autism Speaks coming there to try to convince people to be cured. If you are interested in more you could search for "ABA bad for autistics" and you'd find some good articles.

Also, NurseAngela wasn't even an aspie, she was very open and upfront about that and she posted here, which I found suspect and many of her posts to autistics/aspies here bothered me because they were condescending and often worse... she's an aspie groupie imo and I was happy when she left here. I think she thinks she's better than us and it makes her feel good to be around what she considers lesser beings. That's just my opinion but I saw plenty that gave me reason. I only share that because I would hope nobody she's been unkind to feels badly about it, or was hurt or anything. Because that isn't fair, or right.

Peace <3

Last edited:
Sorry, I totally disagree with you. Whatever the issues people might have with ABA as a practise there is no justification for what was essentially a concerted mob attack on someone who'd only just joined the forum. There is nothing wrong with questioning someone about their job but that wasn't questioning that was a group of unpleasant and judgemental individuals who leapt to instant negative conclusions, based simply on her job title, and launched straight into attack dog mode. They knew nothing about her as an individual, they didn't even give her a chance to explain her personal beliefs, methods or practises, they just assumed she was guilty of something. That is no way to welcome anyone, whatever happened to the practise of assuming that people are innocent until they are proved to be guilty? It was simply wrong. No wonder people are leaving that site in their droves. People should be treated as individuals, with respect, and judged on their own merits or lack of them, not on their job title, religious beliefs, race, sexuality or any other single aspect of their life. Prejudging people is prejudice.

Last edited:
My biggest beef is she totally eviscerates any and everyone who does not 100% agrees with her. She has done that to quite a few people that show even a minimal amount of disagreement. She doesn't even believe in agreeing to disagree, and leave it at that. I as much as told her, to her face, that I no longer had any respect for her, because of her actions. I got a harangue that I am no better than Judge and Harrison.

I'd take that as a compliment. ;)

Last edited:
I've no idea what the connection is between WP, the WP thread above, ABA and nurseangela, but I was disappointed when she disappeared. I don't read every thread and every post, and I'm aware that I missed many things that were said. But I did see cross communication at times. It can be amusing sometimes as a bystander to see two people 'argueing' when neither understands the other (even more amusing when they agree, but can't see it). But when they split because of it, it is disappointing. She said she had an aspie friend, wanted to understand more, and felt welcome. For me, that motivation seemed fine.
Very few NTs stay very long. She was one of the longer.
NTs and Aspies both make assumptions about the motives if the other party. But conclusions are usually very different because neither understands the thinking of the other.

Last edited:
I've no idea what the connection is between WP, the WP thread above, ABA and nurseangela, but I was disappointed when she disappeared. I don't read every thread and every post, and I'm aware that I missed many things that were said. But I did see cross communication at times. It can be amusing sometimes as a bystander to see two people 'argueing' when neither understands the other (even more amusing when they agree, but can't see it). But when they split because of it, it is disappointing. She said she had an aspie friend, wanted to understand more, and felt welcome. For me, that motivation seemed fine.
Very few NTs stay very long. She was one of the longer.
NTs and Aspies both make assumptions about the motives if the other party. But conclusions are usually very different because neither understands the thinking of the other.

My biggest problem with her was the lack of respect she was showing. Since I worked at one time for the Pentagon, as an Army contract employee, there is a saying that goes around the command hierarchy: You got to give respect in order to earn respect. An officer that loses the respect of their subordinates might as well hang it up when that happens, since he can no longer command his troops or team.

I have a big problem when someone eviscerates another for a slight disagreement. You may not agree with their point of view, but that's the other party's problem, not yours. It's called agreeing to disagree. Respect the person, and their view, and at the end of the day, you just might make a friend of your adversary. She doesn't do that: she'd rather destroy her adversary than see their point of view.

You can disagree, I am not bothered either way and I was and am not trying to win an argument, just attempting to illuminate why that post was such a problem and evinced such an intense reaction. I don't care either way because I don't post there, and don't even post here anymore but I thought I could help understand for people who don't know the reasons behind it. Not to Godwin, but, think of it in these terms. It would be similar to a nazi joining a Jewish forum. That's what ABA is to a lot of autistics, it's on par with Autism Speaks and a direct threat to our personhood, identity, and rights.

Personally, that is a part of why I avoid a lot of aspie communities online, because I am not interested in being a lab rat and if any therapists want to 'learn' from me, they can fairly recompense me. Many aspies have zero meaningful social contacts and internet forums are a substantial thing for us, but it bothers me when medical professionals take MY life, what I share, and turn it into something like that. I have been kicking around a lot of aspie/autie circles for awhile now, and it happens a lot. These people see the internet as this amazing place to glean us for info and ethically, that is wrong. Especially since they can use what we offer in good faith, against us, to work against our best interests as a collective. For me, I just wanted to find friends with people who understand me, and I them. I didn't sign on to give free representational clinical data or to have pseudoscientific therapies sold to me. I don't like aspies being taken advantage of, either. Aspies have every right to have a place of their own that isn't a fishbowl with people peering in.

That thread didn't look like a 'mob attack' either, I think that's a bit of an exaggeration, unless it blew up after I stopped reading. I don't think you realise the gravitas of what ABA stands for, but as I said, there's plenty of information out there on it that you can research if you're interested in understanding.

Aspies have to stick up for ourselves, and there is no onus on us to be these ideal paragons of human interaction. It took a lot of massive pressure and pointing fingers of naked emperors to draw attention to things that are destructive and abusive to us, such as bleach cures and the treatment of people at the JRC (Judge Rotenberg Centre). Call me crazy, but at my age, I am not going to bending over backwards to welcome someone who wants to cure me and sees me as having a disease. Others, including yourself, may have different opinions. That's perfectly fine. Again, I'm not trying to win an argument, I just thought I could shed some light on why ABA is so controversial and why it is a sensitive subject for a lot of aspies. Who she is as an 'individual' doesn't matter, she had identified herself as being a practicioner of ABA and so there are very reasonable things that can be concluded from that. Seemed obvious she was there for personal reasons and not with a pure or sincere agenda.

Sorry, I totally disagree with you. Whatever the issues people might have with ABA as a practise there is no justification for what was essentially a concerted mob attack on someone who'd only just joined the forum. There is nothing wrong with questioning someone about their job but that wasn't questioning that was a group of unpleasant and judgemental individuals who leapt to instant negative conclusions, based simply on her job title, and launched straight into attack dog mode. They knew nothing about her as an individual, they didn't even give her a chance to explain her personal beliefs, methods or practises, they just assumed she was guilty of something. That is no way to welcome anyone, whatever happened to the practise of assuming that people are innocent until they are proved to be guilty? It was simply wrong. No wonder people are leaving that site in their droves. People should be treated as individuals, with respect, and judged on their own merits or lack of them, not on their job title, religious beliefs, race, sexuality or any other single aspect of their life. Prejudging people is prejudice.

Last edited:
Considering you didn't even read all of the thread or have any personal interaction whatsoever with the original poster you make a lot of unsubstantiated assumptions. You assume she was there to "glean information about autism to then use it against us." Based on what evidence? The woman never got a chance to expain why she was there, she was instead simply hounded off the site. You also asume that I know nothing about ABA, even though you know nothing about me whatsoever. That's the second post in which you've advised me to search for information about it online, for all you know I might be an ABA practitioner or a client of one. Why do you asume I know nothing about ABA? Is it simply because I disagree with the notion of people jumping to conclusions about an ABA therapist and prejudging her simply because of her job title? Nobody bothered to find out anything about her as a person or how she in particular actually does her job, they simply jumped to negative conclusions. You are excusing the disgusting behaviour of a pack of WP posters who hounded someone, simply because they don't like the job she does and you're excusing it because you don't like the job that she does, even though neither you nor they know anything about how she conducts herself in that job. She's been judged and founded guilty simply by virtue of her job title. Talking of Jews and Nazis, as you were, isn't that precisely what the Nazis did with Jews, prejudging them simply by virtue of their religion just as she was prejudged by virtue of her job title? If people disagree with ABA practises the way to change them is by interacting with ABA practitioners and telling them how they should approach their work, not by hounding them off a forum before they even have a chance to learn anything. That women joined an ASD forum maybe in the hopes of finding out what ASD people wanted. Perhaps she had ideas of tailoring her therapy towards the expressed needs of ASD individuals and instead of contructive suggestions all she learned was that some ASD people are judgemental, ill mannered and they jump to conclusions.

I was on this app called Whisper and someone recommended that I join Wrong Planet. Having heard bad things about Wrong Planet, I didn't reply. The person made the site seem like it was good and stuff.

I was on this app called Whisper and someone recommended that I join Wrong Planet. Having heard bad things about Wrong Planet, I didn't reply. The person made the site seem like it was good and stuff.

Don't take the word of other people as gospel, including me, make up your own mind. Go to WP, read through some threads and decide for yourself whether you want to join or not, whether it is a good or a bad place for you. I don't like it but plenty of other people do, it's a subjective thing, a matter of personal taste and choice.

Don't take the word of other people as gospel, including me, make up your own mind. Go to WP, read through some threads and decide for yourself whether you want to join or not, whether it is a good or a bad place for you. I don't like it but plenty of other people do, it's a subjective thing, a matter of personal taste and choice.
Alright, I'll try it. Then comment on here, my experience.

Signed up and read the rules before I posted. I decided not to post because apparently they get mad if you post too much on the forums.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom