• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Wrong Planet

Wrong Planet 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had quite a few interactions with sock puppets at yahoo. Had an account there very early on. Certain sections of yahoo were and are completely controlled by sockpuppets. Some single users may have had hundreds of connected accounts or more. Some were groups of trolls from 4chan, others were groups of trolling extremists.

At times people with a single account were trolled relentlessly by others. They would copy their account avatars and pretend to be them. Or they might become a counter account to that sections members, so if someone was christian, there were anti-christians that trolled the christian areas simply for the lultz of upsetting people. Christian trolls posted in areas that non-believers posted in, and responded in the same way. They seemed to spend their time simply disrupting to get a reaction of any sort.

Some of us with single account's fought back, we organized and used internal yahoo email. Keeping lists of URL's, if a group or a troll emailed one of us internally, the email in its header showed the URL of the sender. We kept lists of the URL's so that we could figure out which sockpuppet was connected to who, as they changed their avatar's and accounts on a daily basis. Few knew how to change their URL's and very few could stay anonymous inside of yahoo. Some would unplug and replug in their modems or work from behind proxies or virtual private networks. Those we couldn't trace, but many we were able to figure out. Eventually though members tired of the constant harassment, and many left, closing their accounts of their own accord. The trolls won. But eventually they won a place that was essentially emptied of any members who would challenge them, and they got to dialogue with themselves only.

Last edited:
Full of Asperger wannabes (some kind of freaky wish that they wished they had Aspergers.... like, really?)

I mentioned this on another thread a while back (can't remember which one). I trade at local comic cons, and this is a thing in RL at those. Although I don't feel bad that I have AS, and I wouldn't want to be different to the way I am, I cannot fathom people wanting to be on the spectrum.

Although I don't feel bad that I have AS, and I wouldn't want to be different to the way I am, I cannot fathom people wanting to be on the spectrum.

Me neither. Although it has occurred to me that in some instances, such people may simply be indulging in their own brand of "catfishing". Pretending to be someone else, and in this case someone who is Neurodiverse.

Though agreed, while the motivations for executing this sort of deception are mind-boggling, there are those who may simply "get off" on a complex and difficult deception itself and little else other than perhaps an intent to perpetrate an elaborate criminal scam on a victim who doesn't see it coming.

How can you tell if someone is on the spectrum, unless it's severe? Do you see in their faces, or in the way they move or talk? Is it something that you implicitly know? That you can tell just by meeting someone? Do you pull out your diagnosis that you carry with you to establish your bona fides? Many people here maintain that they have a diagnosis, and then seem like everyone else.

How can you tell if someone is on the spectrum, unless it's severe? Do you see in their faces, or in the way they move or talk? Is it something that you implicitly know? That you can tell just by meeting someone? Do you pull out your diagnosis that you carry with you to establish your bona fides? Many people here maintain that they have a diagnosis, and then seem like everyone else.

I was referring to people who I actually know personally, and have done for quite some time. Never mind the fact that they are some of the most outgoing, gregarious people I've ever known, one or two have actually confided that they are not on the spectrum, but to continue to tell people they have AS. They do not know I have AS and I've never asked why or brought it up because I don't want to get into an argument with them and also they are well known within the con community here...and could make me unpopular and damage my sales if they so wished. I only see them in person in passing at cons these days. I'll say hi and be civil, but that's about it.

I fully realise that everyone on the spectrum is different and all that jazz, but in terms of the ones who haven't actually come out and said anything, they don't (to me at least) and never have had any issues in any areas at all. Yes, I could be wrong and they could well be on the spectrum, but their (continued) association with people who've told me it's a pretense makes me wary of believing it.

After years of trouble-free participation – no warnings, no cautionary PMs, nothing – I was permanently banned from WP under false pretenses ("sock puppetry" … I had to look it up). Presumably a mod, or the site owner, didn't like my opinion about something. There's no transparency, no court of appeal – other than Alex, who won't answer an email even to tell me to eff off. I have zero respect for such a person.

I used to direct interested parties to WP. Now I suggest they look anywhere else.
It was probably Adamentium, I was suspended by simply posting my dis taste to radical feminism, i got perma banned later for sticking up for myself against a bully.

Never mind the fact that they are some of the most outgoing, gregarious people I've ever known, one or two have actually confided that they are not on the spectrum, but to continue to tell people they have AS.

My husband has an autism diagnosis, he has lots of acquaintance type friends and a few close friends. Compared to me, he's the most outgoing person I know, gregarious and life of the party at times.

He actually likes meeting and talking with new people and doesn't find it difficult, although it takes him awhile to recover from these interactions, he still enjoys them. There are some extroverted people on the spectrum, my spouse is one of them.

My husband has an autism diagnosis, he has lots of acquaintance type friends and a few close friends. Compared to me, he's the most outgoing person I know, gregarious and life of the party at times.

He actually likes meeting and talking with new people and doesn't find it difficult, although it takes him awhile to recover from these interactions, he still enjoys them. There are some extroverted people on the spectrum, my spouse is one of them.

And like I said, it could well be that the people who haven't explicitly told me they are faking, aren't. That doesn't take away from the fact that there are those who have actually told me they tell people they are on the spectrum, when they are not.

i DONT think the bibles teachings are immoral
The site is also run by radical feminists and hard core religious people, if you oppose either they pounce on ya. If you dissagree that men are all scum they will remove your post and send you a warning or ban you. If you dissagree with the immoral teachings of the bible or koran that encourages homophobia or the hate groups that they create you get attacked and banned as well. At least in the political section, it is a politically correct sight to the extreme that you have no voice and must be censored, they censor the truth and do not like it.

Hmm, I have a sudden desire to fix Wrong Planet. Maybe this is one of those times that my husband it's always moaning about whereby I launch into ridiculously and physically impossible tasks...

Wrong Planet needs to be destroyed and rebuilt. NO PC crap no over radicalized religion dictating lives but rational folks. That will not happen, if you are a heterosexual caucasian male who is non religious and has logic you are evil and should be eliminated.

Wrong Planet needs to be destroyed and rebuilt. NO PC crap no over radicalized religion dictating lives but rational folks. That will not happen, if you are a heterosexual caucasian male who is non religious and has logic you are evil and should be eliminated.
Starting a crusade against logical males on a forum for autism seems like the epitome of self-hatred IMHO

I really don't like WP. It seems as if Alex Plank likes his comfy place in the NT world better than autism. And the whole company follows. Moderators side with trolls, and people who visit the site looking for something real are treated badly. That isn't my experience on here, where I feel the admins try to look out for the best of the community. Hope that continues!

Also, in hindsight, I had realized that a post I wrote on WP once might have given information that would put my family in danger. I wrote the admins about it, and they didn't respond. Nor did they remove my post. CREEPY. And it has caused us a threat, though I was able to handle it.

I tried it, and like I've said, they just about ate me alive.

In a way, it's a good thing. Because if they hadn't eaten you alive, like so many others before you, this site (and mine, and however many others) wouldn't exist, and you'd be at the mercy of Alex and his team.

WP used to be a great site to go to; I even met my husband there. Last year, though, I was getting fed up with spammers and arguments up the wazoo. Plus, WP isn't the same without Tallyman and Cornflake.

I mentioned this on another thread a while back (can't remember which one). I trade at local comic cons, and this is a thing in RL at those. Although I don't feel bad that I have AS, and I wouldn't want to be different to the way I am, I cannot fathom people wanting to be on the spectrum.

In the 1970s it was popular for lily white people in America to claim to have Native American (indigenous North American) ancestry, they would say things like they were "5% Cherokee", it was always one of the famous tribes like Cherokee or Lakota, you never heard anybody claiming to be "5%" Shoshone or Washo.

I think that for the last 40-50 years in the US it's popular to be "a victim", not in the traditional sense but as in belonging to a group of people who have historically been outcasts in US society. When I was a teen in the early 90s being an outcast was actually "trendy" for a while, you had kids from affluent families driving around in beat up old cars and wearing downmarket clothes and saying stuff like "yeah, my folks are loaded but I'm broke".

In some groups it's still seen as being cool to be an oppressed outcast, this is especially true among some affluent kids, they will say they're "autistic" or "part Latino" (those seems to be the latest cool victims) and they'll try to learn Spanish and live in the ghetto for a while. These are the kids who spout superficial communism and wear Che Guevara shirts. (When I was their age it was Malcolm X.) It might have its roots in university radicalism and it's idea that the oppressed are holy warriors engaged in a noble struggle against a distant, faceless oligarchy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom