• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Wrong Planet

Wrong Planet 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a few friends on WP, I just wish the site had some sort of notification system like this site does. So I can know when someone has quoted me without having to scroll through mountains of posts.

I have heard that some psychopaths, and read one who admitted it, like to identify as being on the spectrum because they can gain more social acceptance for some of their traits such as lack of empathy. Perhaps WP is a training ground.

WP is a pretty ordinary forum as far as the people go. As far as features go it's pretty primitive. The site had a ridiculous number of server errors for a long time until the developer (Alex) finally switched to a new server. But WP lost a lot of people who got fed up worn out by the outrages. Some may have migrated here.

WP is a pretty ordinary forum as far as the people go. As far as features go it's pretty primitive. The site had a ridiculous number of server errors for a long time until the developer (Alex) finally switched to a new server. But WP lost a lot of people who got fed up worn out by the outrages. Some may have migrated here.

like myself! yes, the constant outages was a pain in the booty; plus the constant moaning from a few Members on there

Wrong Planet has been a blight on the AS community from the start. Most people consider 2x4 (Alex Plank) to be a manipulative narcissist.

I know some people who could go on for hours about all the scandalous stuff that 2x4 has done.

Wrong Planet has been a blight on the AS community from the start. Most people consider 2x4 (Alex Plank) to be a manipulative narcissist.

I know some people who could go on for hours about all the scandalous stuff that 2x4 has done.
Why is he called '2x4' ?

I have an account there. On occasion I've found myself on the receiving end of backlash. Most notably this was the case when I made a thread about the various trends I had noticed on Wrong Planet. Unfortunately, a few people misinterpreted this an attack and thought that my intention was to mock the autistic community. One member called me a troll and told others to ignore my posts.

Admittedly, perhaps I could've worded my thread better, and I didn't stop to think how pointing certain things out might come across to others. One of the most annoying things I've come across there is when I would make a thread only for it to be completely derailed by certain members with some completely irrelevant subject that was often times offensive in some way. For example, I made a thread asking how autism affects females and males differently, and this user came out of nowhere and started posting about things that didn't relate to my query whatsoever. People kept telling me to ignore him because the thread was starting to run the risk of being closed due to his provocative posts. It was difficult just to ignore him though because it seemed as though he was projecting and wanted advice, but whenever I tried to offer him that he would tell me off for being nosy and a "typical emotional female". :neutral:

Also, I've considered leaving the site before due to some of the homophobic posts I've seen there. When I made a thread talking about this, a member reached out to me in a message and asked me to stay so I could help to fight back against some of the hatred in the LGBT section. They told me of a case where a transgender user was bullied and unfortunately took their own life. :(

However, it isn't all doom and gloom. Although there are some users there that I do not get on with and my heart sinks a little whenever I see their username come up, there are also members that have defended me, offer excellent contributions, and appreciate my posts. :) Some of you may better know me as Lost Dragon.

Last edited:
In my opinion the developer, who's the only admin, left that place to rust. Now he's finally back trying patch a sinking ship that's springing leaks left and right, with one sever error or similar after the other.

The general user base gets smaller and smaller, while the more toxic members become more and more dominant. One of which abruptly stopped posting and was replaced by a blatantly obvious sock-puppet.

The place seems to be pretty heavily shaped politically, with the staff expressing very strong one-sided views. So it seems as long as whatever jerk, troublemaker, troll, sock-puppet etc, expresses the same view favored by staff, they thrive.

That's the way I see it.

Last edited:
I've been a WP member since 2012 (two years before I was officially diagnosed) and still post on occasion. It has indeed gotten VERY political, as Ezra noted. I think I'm the only relatively conservative woman there, lol. There are still some good discussions that can go on, but I've learned to brace myself.

I actually attempted using that site. I used it until it got purchased by Autism Speaks. The design looks like a subreddit from 2009, the mods aren't active at all now, the amounts of ads are insane! I prefer this site. Mods here such as tree and Nitro are awesome and helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom