• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Wrong Planet

Wrong Planet 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brent

Administrator
Brent submitted a new resource:

Wrong Planet - Online Resource & Community For Autism & Asperger's

Wrong Planet (sometimes referred to by its URL, wrongplanet.net) is an online community for individuals with autism and Asperger syndrome. The site was started in 2004 by Dan Grover and Alex Plank and includes a chatroom, a large forum, a dating section, and articles describing how to deal with daily issues. The footer of the website states that the autism organization is run by Alex Plank. The site states (as of May 2014) that it has gained more than 80,000 registered members...

Read more about this resource...

Why do you say that?
Its a site funded by Autism speaks an anti autistic group in disguise, people get treated like crap there and there are bullies with moderators in their pocket, someone the mods favor make a personal attack against you the mods do nothing, you stick up for your self and they ban you. You also have to complete a captcha each time you post or edit posts.

AspieOtaku
"You also have to complete a captcha each time you post or edit posts."

This surprises me.
That is strict.

The place looks sloppy to me.

Its a site funded by Autism speaks an anti autistic group in disguise, people get treated like crap there and there are bullies with moderators in their pocket, someone the mods favor make a personal attack against you the mods do nothing, you stick up for your self and they ban you. You also have to complete a captcha each time you post or edit posts.
Are you sure it's funded by Autism Speaks? I'm aware of Autism Speaks' issues. FYI there are a lot on anti-Autism Speaks people there. I never had a problem with bullying or mods. I use the site almost every day and NEVER have I had to complete a captcha. To each their own, but I really like it.

AspieOtaku
"You also have to complete a captcha each time you post or edit posts."

This surprises me.
That is strict.

The place looks sloppy to me.
I've never had to complete a captcha. I'll admit it is a bit sloppy looking. And I do like this site better but I also like WrongPlanet. To each their own, but I really like it.

Butterfly88

What are the appealing parts, for you?
It would be good for some one who likes the place
to point those out.

I may be missing something.
Help me see what you like about it.

Never spent much time there. But I have observed many negative comments about it reflecting conventional "tribalism" concerns one is likely to run into on so many forums with or without neurological themes.

Last edited:
I don't have much trouble with the captcha there, but I prefer the site navigation here, even after WP's update.

At WP sometimes (usually) I can't do anything without having to captcha, sometimes twice, and other times no captcha. No idea why it varies. They have spam issues on and off. I like the alert and 'like' system here.

I also like it better here, no captcha and I also like the alerts, the chat room as well as the option to thumb up and agree with posts and such.

I'm confused about them being related to Autism Speaks, I saw a video on their youtube page about them putting Autism Speaks on the defense at a UN meeting. It wasn't all that good of a video but that doesn't seem like an group that is in line with Autism Speaks.

Evidently when Wrong Planet produced a tv show called "Autism Talk TV", Autism Speaks was one of their corporate sponsors. Not really sure if that alone is sufficient to link them together as one and the same. But IMO if I wanted any such production to reflect autism self-advocacy, it would not include Autism Speaks for any reason at all.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who had problems with that site. I made the mistake years back of posting in the "politics, philosophy and religion" section and was eaten alive. Lots of "elitism" on that site if you know what I mean.

Wow, that sounds exactly like what happened to me. It has been something like three or four years ago since I was there. I was RedHogRider.

Yep for me it was 2012 or so (maybe even 2013). There is definitely a weird vibe on that site among many posters, I'm glad someone else noticed it too. I thought I was being "too sensitive" but no, you're right.

I miss Cornflake, Tallyman, and Hyperlexian they were good mods and were level headed and understood me but once they left the site went to hell and i think they felt it and the stress got to them as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom