• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Worse Designed Thing(s) You've Ever Seen?

Joshua the Writer

Very Nerdy Guy, Any Pronouns
V.I.P Member
It can be something you encountered IRL, or just something you have stumbled across while browsing the net. It could be terribly-designed architecture, clothing, ads, products, websites, or anything else that has a very crap design. Pictures are not required, but optimal.

Here is some of what I've found:
r7sua03n7v301.jpg

IMwUr6cViOWEeHCLR663McqgbNrxmg3O4lFveboF97Q.jpg

real-men-2-jesus-shoot-straight-jesus-better-start-running-19955280.png

home-popular-r-crappydesign-h-i-redd-it-0-please-dont-season-the-27979607.png

b1x07axv5syy.jpg

79d79cdb3cf676901d04ef801cf8edc5a41ccd61_hq.jpg

Attachments

• IMwUr6cViOWEeHCLR663McqgbNrxmg3O4lFveboF97Q.jpg
    IMwUr6cViOWEeHCLR663McqgbNrxmg3O4lFveboF97Q.jpg
    278.6 KB · Views: 0
It can be something you encountered IRL, or just something you have stumbled across while browsing the net. It could be terribly-designed architecture, clothing, ads, products, websites, or anything else that has a very crap design. Pictures are not required, but optimal.

Here is some of what I've found:
View attachment 53051
View attachment 53052
View attachment 53053
View attachment 53054
View attachment 53056
View attachment 53057
My nomination - Any bureaucracy without accountability.

This old Massey Ferguson tractor that my dad has to use for the property he caretakes. You can't just open the hood. First you have to unclamp and remove the exhaust muffler. Then you have to remove two fluid fill caps. Then you need to remove a bunch of bolts, and need two people or a hoist to lift the hood straight up and off. So much for something as simple as tightening a loose battery cable out in the field. So you can't just open it if the engine is hot. And when you lift it, the crud from under the hood falls into the uncapped fluid reservoirs. I wanted to cut it in half and hinge it on both sides, but the owner wouldn't let me. He's not the one who has to use it and work on it. So to me, the big MF logo on the tractor has an entirely different meaning which I can't post here.

How about the 09 Malibu that my mom had? To change headlight bulbs, you had to hire a body shop to remove the front bumper assembly.

Lots of things.

One small thing in particular that irks me. When I was younger in the 80s and 90s, the lid from a Pringles can would snap securely on the bottom of the can. A perfect place to store it while you are eating them on the go. For maybe the last 20 years, it doesn't fit anymore, it falls off.

The "like, agree, funny, informative, friendly, useful, optimistic and creative" buttons at the bottom of the posts are too close together to hit the one I want to, using the forum from a phone.
I'm always having to undo my rating because I hit the wrong one. -_-

Motion sensor soap dispensers.

What is the point? Germs? You're about to wash your hands. It's expensive useless junk. Just more excuse to put batteries in things and charge morons for overpriced tat.

I love this kind of thread!!!

There was a Chinglish thread a while back, where did that go?

SlipCarefully.jpg

Well, I bought my daughter an old Toyota van when she was 16. A Scooby Doo van. We both loved it and the only vehicle I've ever driven that I felt laid back and didn't feel rushed to drive fast. She named it "Tuesday" and after it died, every time the song "Tuesday's Gone" would play on the radio she would cry.

Anyway - before buying it I had a friend go with me to check it out. I was excitedly showing him all the cool features on it when he blurted out, "All that's fine, well and good, but where the heck is the motor?" I was like, "hmmm, I don't know." It was under the console. But, actually, maybe that was good - motor messes up and it's raining, you don't have to get out in the rain to check it. :)

Here's one that might interest you guys. Back in 2015. Budweiser put this slogan on their Bud light beer products and got meant with some serious backlash for it.
bud-light-no-bottle-hed-2015.png

The "like, agree, funny, informative, friendly, useful, optimistic and creative" buttons at the bottom of the posts are too close together to hit the one I want to, using the forum from a phone.
I'm always having to undo my rating because I hit the wrong one. -_-
I agree. I'm using this site with my new Kindle Fire 7 RN.

For some reason whenever I see a cordless phone being used in 1990's sitcoms I'm amused by how they looked like a brick with an antennae sticking out. Try tucking one of those into your fanny pack!:laughing:

And electric hand dryers to save the environment. You use electricity to blow lukewarm air on your hands. When it turns off, you still have wet hands.

Even after using those Dyson ones I still have to wipe my hands on my pants! Can you imagine how much electricity it takes to use a blower strong enough to make your loose hand skin flap all unattractively like that?

I say old fashioned paper towel dispensers are best. They only use electricity once to produce the paper towels, and if they're recycled, that's double good.

Unless... However... They're those thin, "post-recession" paper towels. That's like trying to dry your hands with toilet paper. Then you're right back to drying your hands on your pants.

It's like going to the grocery store and being ask, Paper or plastic? If you choose plastic, the your saving the trees and destroying the environment. If you choose paper, then your killing the trees while saving the environment. such a tough choice to make.

For some reason whenever I see a cordless phone being used in 1990's sitcoms I'm amused by how they looked like a brick with an antennae sticking out. Try tucking one of those into your fanny pack!:laughing:
Maybe the people who bought them hoped that at least the antenna was telescoping or otherwise collapsible?

New Threads

Top Bottom