• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Worse Designed Thing(s) You've Ever Seen?

55473_493bcd4cd672d9dc8fc9f61fb349bb26.jpg
Is that a rotating KNOB for the transmission...!?

Maybe the people who bought them hoped that at least the antenna was telescoping or otherwise collapsible?
The antennae was collapsible, but the phone was still too big and long to be easily carried anywhere. Funny how I find them so weird but don't find older stationary phones weird.

This old Massey Ferguson tractor that my dad has to use for the property he caretakes. You can't just open the hood. First you have to unclamp and remove the exhaust muffler. Then you have to remove two fluid fill caps. Then you need to remove a bunch of bolts, and need two people or a hoist to lift the hood straight up and off. So much for something as simple as tightening a loose battery cable out in the field. So you can't just open it if the engine is hot. And when you lift it, the crud from under the hood falls into the uncapped fluid reservoirs. I wanted to cut it in half and hinge it on both sides, but the owner wouldn't let me. He's not the one who has to use it and work on it. So to me, the big MF logo on the tractor has an entirely different meaning which I can't post here.

How about the 09 Malibu that my mom had? To change headlight bulbs, you had to hire a body shop to remove the front bumper assembly.

Lots of things.

One small thing in particular that irks me. When I was younger in the 80s and 90s, the lid from a Pringles can would snap securely on the bottom of the can. A perfect place to store it while you are eating them on the go. For maybe the last 20 years, it doesn't fit anymore, it falls off.

LOL We have an old Massey Ferguson tractor, too, which is always called the "MF tractor" around here.

I once owned a Toyota 4-Runner with the cup holders placed directly above electronic buttons to operate the A/C, heat, CD player/radio, etc. The condensation from drinks in the cup holders dripped all over the electronics. I noticed that the cup holders in newer 4-Runners are in the console, underneath the electronics.

LOL We have an old Massey Ferguson tractor, too, which is always called the "MF tractor" around here.

I once owned a Toyota 4-Runner with the cup holders placed directly above electronic buttons to operate the A/C, heat, CD player/radio, etc. The condensation from drinks in the cup holders dripped all over the electronics. I noticed that the cup holders in newer 4-Runners are in the console, underneath the electronics.
I guess Toyota must've realized that they made a stupid decision, lol.

New Threads

Top Bottom