• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's your religion?

I have Irish heritage! Being catholic is in my DNA! It helped me get over my dad's passing when I was 22 and, Catholicism kept me sane in 2020!

Yeah when I reverted back in 2016, many of my comorbidities just vanished, almost certainly due to the dramatic decrease in stress in my life; it’s because of that that I’m convinced that the vast majority of comorbidities accompanying Autism have more to do with stress than anything else.

Not sure if I posted on here.
My worldview is always open to change anyway, so it might have changed since I last wrote on here if I did.
I am not religious, although brought up Catholic.
I do believe in God. Not the conventional one though, an omnipresent force that is all of us, yet we are "His" children at the same time.
I am bit influenced by hindu, I am reding the Bhagavad-Gita at the moment, but I am not a Hindu, I also feel lengthens by Buddhism yes I am not a Buddhist.
I do, however, believe in the universe as a force which we can harness the energy of and get guidance and draw strength from by asking it.
Religious people may call that praying.

Last edited:
I was raised Southern Baptist, but I have no religion. Naturalistic pantheism is the closest label I have come by that describes my view of the Universe/existence. My "church" is nature itself.

Agnostic, but I usually say Jewish. I was raised by a Protestant dad and agnostic Jewish mom. But I also think polytheism makes more sense to me than monotheism.

I like to try to practice a little bit from each religion not counting Scientology or Mormonism as I see them either as a cult or highly question their teachings. I sort of lean a bit more to Buddhism as my parents and grandparents were raised to be Buddhists with only my dad’s mother being the only one to actively observe the practices. My grandma made me question the belief that only Christians go to Heaven because she was a really good person who loved to cook and feed guests and made everyone who visited her feel welcomed and everyone in the retirement community where she lived for twenty years loved her. She never hurt anyone and she was happy and lived a very long life with only the last two years being when she started to slowly decline in health.

Raised Catholic until about age eleven or so when I started actually thinking about the issue, reading the bible and then I became an atheist. Side note, the look my parents gave me when I said that at such an age will never not be funny.

I remained an atheist until about seventeen years old, I think, when I educated myself more on the issue and realized agnostic atheism is the more logical approach and fits the best with my worldview.

I’m Catholic, but because I am just absolutely disgusted with this Pope, I haven’t been actively practicing lately.

Agnostic, Atheist for some years.
Abrahamic belief just does not work for me. Does not fit.
Recently I've become a Norse Pagan, Heathen, call it what you want. Makes a lot more sense.

Raised in a Catholic family, although never felt any God connection. Maybe that part of my brain doesn't work?
At age 10 decided I was an atheist or non-deist.
At about 30 I was drifting over to agnosticism- I mean, I know so little, how can I be so sure?
Today at 60+, I think if there is a God, it may be more like Spinoza's God.
Spirituality is being alone in nature, with my animals. I'm most content camping by myself, miles away from anyone.

I'm most content camping by myself, miles away from anyone.
I hear ya. Camping in a wilderness area or on a remote river like the Green through Lodore or Desolation and Grey Canyons is superb. My last wilderness trip was going cross country in the Escalante Wilderness, using Pack Goats (American French-Alpine wethers).

I hear ya. Camping in a wilderness area or on a remote river like the Green through Lodore or Desolation and Grey Canyons is superb. My last wilderness trip was going cross country in the Escalante Wilderness, using Pack Goats (American French-Alpine wethers).

Wow, pretty cool destinations! I'm a fan of John Wesley Powell. Haven't been to Lodore etc., but have 'lived it' through Wallace Stegner's "Beyond the 100th Meridian" about Powell's travels down the Green back in 1869. Good book. I'll have to explore there.
The Escalante is beautiful country. Have camped there, including Waterpocket Fold in 115 F degrees. Camped 10 days at 11,000' on the Aquarius Plateau at 70 F degrees/monsoon season- same trip!
Using goats for packing makes it more unique. I just have a mini-mule.

Mono Lake region is a place I tend to haunt, especially the eastern shore. It feels like I've gone back 15,000 years, it's primitive and otherworldly. Other places too, so much to enjoy.

Apatheist. I did my searching, got into close contact with many of the major religions (prominently catholicism, islam and buddhism) as well as some smaller nameless mystic views. Could never see the point to thinking these things let alone begin to tackle where they pulled all their claims from. My thinking tends to start inside us and then moves outwards to the universe, whereas most every religion starts at the universe and draws the line inwards to us. It's a semantic difference, but I found it major enough for most ideals and pillars presented to find no solid ground in me. Then later, I realized the people with these beliefs behaved the same as me and led the same life as me and were using the same fundamental reasoning as me. So then I realized this is apatheism. There's no difference.

I was raised Southern Baptist, but I have no religion. Naturalistic pantheism is the closest label I have come by that describes my view of the Universe/existence. My "church" is nature itself.

A propos nature

me and my therapist.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom