• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's your religion?

REMINDER

This forum is intended to be a friendly support forum for those on and off the spectrum.
Helping others is our goal here.

If you come across something you find offensive or believe breaks the rules, report it to a member of staff using the report button. Do not reply to the thread. If you are having a problem with another member of the forums, you may contact a member of staff via Private Message about it.

When someone's religion is dedicated worshipping the main antagonist of another religion, that greatly effects how you take the things they say, especially when they claim to know more about the other religion than you, the practitioner do; all while again, worshipping the antagonist in your religion. (Why not tell them that they should go the opposite way, and do all the evil bigoted things you want to imagine that that religion is guilty of doing?)

That being said, the best thing is of course to seek to have a saintly martyr's zeal, as it will rob them of every excuse they have to vilify you and your Faith. That's why, as I have said several times in the past on here, I have such a great devotion to the Canadian Martyrs.

I personally like to not take the beliefs of others personally or as an attack, and remain respectful of them at all times. We should all have the freedom to believe what we'd like, and that's what makes the world such an interesting place full of all sorts of different religions. If anyone would like to have a civil discussion via DMs in an attempt to better understand one another, I'm always open to them - so long as the conversation remains civil and respectful.

I personally love Christianity and any other religion when it's being used for love, not hatred of others.

To each his / her own.

Last edited:
I am not sure where I stand when it comes to religion but after watching quite a few videos created by two sisters who were raised to be Christian fundamentalists in a cult setting home life, I have realized that I was involved with a church that taught similar beliefs and messages as the sisters and the private Christian school I had attended and had a small connection to this church was the same. I’ve had some pretty traumatic and bad experiences when it comes to religion, mostly from other kids my own age. At the school, there was a major focus on Christianity in each subject by the teachers although the math teacher was a lot more relaxed and didn’t really care how religious you were as long as you were still a good person and often told us how she questioned some of the stuff she was supposed to teach us and the computer lab teacher was actually a woman who worked in other schools and was outside of the religious clique of teachers and also didn’t try to for e religion on us and was pretty relaxed. Same for the speech pathologist who helped the kids with speech impediments. I had the computer teacher as a therapist years later since she was also licensed for the field and teaching kids how to use computers was just a part time job that she did and she agreed that the school’s rules were a bit odd and concerning at times. Science class was a bit puzzling to think about now as the text book did tell us about actual science but then somehow shoved religion into the mix which is weird. For example, there was one chapter on the classification of all living beings and it listed humans as mammals and then added some text that said, “We are only calling humans mammals because of the characteristics of how the body fits. Humans are not animals and we are not calling them that and God made us to be separated from animals.” Maybe I will start a new topic focusing more on the school’s teachings at some point.

I'm agnostic. I believe in a higher power, but not one which is as 'personal' as a deity. I cannot relate to people who are religious on any level whatsoever, and I don't want to needlessly cause issues or conflict with anyone.

I am Messianic. I was born Jewish but I came to believe in Jesus as an adult. I continue to observe Jewish dietary laws and Jewish holidays, but I do it in the name of Jesus. So I go to Messianic churches that do the same.

At the same time Messianic churches are not the only ones that do that. A couple of other examples of such churches would be Seventh Day Adventist Church as well as United Church of God. Seventh Day Adventist Church doesn't believe in Jewish feasts, but they DO believe in Jewish sabbath and dietary laws. United Church of God believes in Sabbath, dietary laws, AND feasts. I don't agree with either of them as I don't believe in modern prophets (while they hold to Ellen White and Armstrong, respectively), but I like to attend them just to compare and contrast various ways of combining Jesus with Sabbath and feasts.

So yeah, basically I consider myself Messianic, given how I view those other sabbaterian chruches as false. Yet I like to attend both Messianic church and other Sabbaterian ones in order to do comparison between their doctrines.

I am Messianic. I was born Jewish but I came to believe in Jesus as an adult. I continue to observe Jewish dietary laws and Jewish holidays, but I do it in the name of Jesus. So I go to Messianic churches that do the same.

At the same time Messianic churches are not the only ones that do that. A couple of other examples of such churches would be Seventh Day Adventist Church as well as United Church of God. Seventh Day Adventist Church doesn't believe in Jewish feasts, but they DO believe in Jewish sabbath and dietary laws. United Church of God believes in Sabbath, dietary laws, AND feasts. I don't agree with either of them as I don't believe in modern prophets (while they hold to Ellen White and Armstrong, respectively), but I like to attend them just to compare and contrast various ways of combining Jesus with Sabbath and feasts.

So yeah, basically I consider myself Messianic, given how I view those other sabbaterian chruches as false. Yet I like to attend both Messianic church and other Sabbaterian ones in order to do comparison between their doctrines.
I'm Messianic Jewish as well.

Born into a pagan family. Jewish ancestry on mom's side. Came to know Jesus as an adult. Learned more about my Jewish ancestry, and in the practice of such, My Jesus became Yeshua Ha Mashiach.

Hine ma tov!

I'm Messianic Jewish as well.

Born into a pagan family. Jewish ancestry on mom's side. Came to know Jesus as an adult. Learned more about my Jewish ancestry, and in the practice of such, My Jesus became Yeshua Ha Mashiach.

Hine ma tov!

Nice to meet the fellow Messianic! And its nice that you have some Jewish ancestry. Most Messianics I met all came from Christian backgrounds. So coming from a Jewish background I feel a bit alone :(

I have Jewish ancestry on both sides. Although its the mom's side that is observant while dad's side is secular. Sometimes I wonder if my dad is fully Jewish since he had blond hair and blue eyes. But I was told both my mom and my dad were fully Jewish, so I guess I better believe that :)

So what about your family? When you say pagan, do you mean Jewish-pagan thing like Kabbalah, or do you mean other types of paganism? When you became Messianic, were you able to convert them or no?

I won't ever fault, mock or desire animosity towards those who want or need religion. It's just not for me at all. I have experienced and studied and read several full texts of different religions, too. I made real effort to understand them. Everything about me and how I can only function is based on trust and comfort, but religions offer neither.

I reread my original post in this thread. I've evolved through time and healing to be non-religious. Religious Trauma support has been one of the most beneficial things for me in that regard. I'm welcoming a sense of peace and self-acceptance that I've never had before. It's truly been transformative. "Self-discovery", self-actualization (ie the opposite of "dying to self") is considered a sin in most Christian denominations. I've been able to actually enjoy life and it's done wonders with an increased level of compassion and acceptance of others. I'm a late bloomer in this regard, but I focus on truly enjoying each day and being alive.

Last edited:
I am personally an Agnostic. I always believe my heaven is a Beach Hotel. where I can write my Cartoon Lab Living (a cartoon I started when I was 10 about animals in a lab ) as long as I want forever and every channel has my favorite shows from Gen 1 reruns of Pokemon to Golden Age Simpsons and Doctor Who, The radio plays my favorite music, and there's a place in my room filled with beautiful women who are all varations on someone I hold so dear.

God loves everyone.

Ok, I guess I feel comfortable enough with these forums to just let loose. I don't even know what I'm going to say yet, so I suppose it will be from the heart.
I was born into a Jewish family, from both branches, for as far back as anyone knows. I always had doubts about Judaism, and the final straw was in my bar mitzvah training, I asked the rabbi why we had to wear the specific garb. I understood reciting the Torah, it was just about yarmulke and tefillin, basically. And the response was "Because G-D wants us to."
So that was it. Straw that broke the camels back. I wasn't Jewish. Today I understand that I respect Hebrew culture and traditions, they are in my DNA, and I am proud. But this is a religion post, so that was how I lost my religion.
After that, teenaged atheism for a while, which turned into a simmering agnosticism in my low-mid 20s.
I have always been a precocious and curious person. I am a "gifted" person who thinks visually in at least 6 dimensions, it has always been very difficult to do things. (I am not aware of 6-d thought but I see the shadows of it, like in applied physics to see results of things - I'd say I'm conscious of 4d with glimmers of 5d, and a known 6th. Which is like a Calabi-Yau manifold.... But this is me rambling, just to explain that my brain is ... very unique).
So the very idea of a G-D or god or God or ... well to me it became an interesting variable.
I went through the Astrology phase. It appealed to me because of the gradients of 12, and the symbols attached. I was "psychic" for a while. I was a dragon misplaced. I was an alien implanted into a human's brain.
So what is God to me?
I had a strong feeling when in my 20s that before my life ended, the world would enter a strange space where world politics and economy would be majorly upset. I believed I would die at 63 (this is still in existence today, but malleable, as I can see 67 but not 68). I believed I'd be important somehow, not to the masses, but to some group of people.
I can't say that any of this is true.
I don't believe in any form of deity. I love myths, and dead religions, and to some extend modern ones (though they are currently so emotionally charged, it is difficult to understand what is real or opinion about it). I do believe in a "something" that I am part of, and not the only part of.
I suppose that is where I stand.

All over the place. I believe in the existence of a God, Heaven, and the Afterlife. However, I don’t agree with some things of the Christian/Catholic religion. My dad was raised Catholic and went to a private school that was very strict. He never implemented religious values like going to church. My close friend (who is a Christian) wants me to go to Church with her despite the fact I’ve never been to one and my parents never forced me to attend church.

I listen to a lot of Satanic metal music.

But I really believe God doesn’t hate any human. He watches us beat each other up and mourns.

New Threads

Top Bottom