• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's your religion?

Sorry for mini ramble.
While I am not religious, I have been learning about Hinduism in general for about the last 3 years.
I do not know what drew me to Hinduism.
Normally it is a person that draws me to various new concepts.
An ex boyfriend's words opened my mind to spirituality in 1995, and I attended a Tai chi workshop, read about buddhism, yet didn't really "get it" deep down, I was a spiritual wannabe if you like.
Street solid hash influenced my thinking - a thought entered my head "The past, present and future are all simultaneous".
People, offline, or online, draw me to new ideas, yet I don't know who drew me to Hinduism, but it's ok.
I surfed the web, it might have been after reading veilofreality.com, or was it before? I don't know.
The Bhagavad Gita has lead me towards Lord Krishna.
As for feeling faith in Divinity, I was born Roman Catholic, I lost my faith in my early teens I think.
I regained it in 2001 or 2002 when I took an ecstasy tablet alone.
I am not advocating or promoting taking drugs to "get a faith", it just happened, and I have believed in a Divine Creator ever since.
At the time I wrote a story, I took more solitary ecstasy trips, I remember a thought "There are an infinite number of dimensions, only bound by the limits of the human imagination" - sounds pretentious, yet I believe it.
I am tolerant of all beliefs, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, be it atheism, or any religion.

EDIT - I just looked back at how many times I posted on this thread :D

Last edited:
Atheist. Not even agnostic (I am confident that it is knowable that there is no god). I completely respect people who are religious (in fact, I have had much more positive than negative experiences with them) but at the end of the day, all faith requires, well, faith, and I quite simply don't have it. It's been interesting reading people's replies though, and I hope your faith gives you peace of mind and any answers you have (or haven't) been searching for.

Agnostic, realized after my stroke, even life after death could have a scientific basis epiphanies just keep on coming. stroke acting as a catalyst to my very active mind. maybe my brain got rewired a bit giving me insights. this morning I got an epiphany which I put on the physics thread. watched an U-Tube video on physics a world renowned mentioned the same hypothesis as a conjecture. wife's eye brows when up
What causes gamma ray bursts? Stuff pops in my head while I'm sleeping. Not a believer in a divine creator, maybe the universe is trying to discover what it is through one of it's own creations. Intelligent life big place if multi verse exists many chances to get it right, big bounce even more chances. No, t big on philosophy kept seeing Baruch Spinoza keep popping up his way of looking at religion seems to follow, my thinking.

Last edited:
I am Roman Catholic. I went through a period of agnosticism when I left for college, but I recently returned to Catholicism after all these years. My return has really changed my life.

I'm not religious in the slightest, though i do have the intention to eventually read all the holy books, I have an interest in ancient history and religion obviously plays a part in that.

I'm not religious in the slightest, though i do have the intention to eventually read all the holy books, I have an interest in ancient history and religion obviously plays a part in that.
If it's history you want the Old testament has a bunch of non-spiritual regular historical stuff. It's a very intriguing read, on old hierarchy especially. Rather cruel business.

Agnostic, realized after my stroke, even life after death could have a scientific basis epiphanies just keep on coming. stroke acting as a catalyst to my very active mind. maybe my brain got rewired a bit giving me insights. this morning I got an epiphany which I put on the physics thread. watched an U-Tube video on physics a world renowned mentioned the same hypothesis as a conjecture. wife's eye brows when up
What causes gamma ray bursts? Stuff pops in my head while I'm sleeping. Not a believer in a divine creator, maybe the universe is trying to discover what it is through one of it's own creations. Intelligent life big place if multi verse exists many chances to get it right, big bounce even more chances.

Have you heard of physicist Michio Kaku? I recently watched his podcast with Joe Rogan, and he talks about his ideas of the future which appear to be relative to your point 'the universe trying to discover what it is through one of its own creations'.

Essiently he talks about humans eventually becoming what he calls 'level 1, 2 or 3 civilizations' and how long it would take us to get there, it was quite interesting so thought I'd mention it.

First I heard of this, thanks. Lately my thoughts seem to be aligning with a number of world class physicists. Interesting what a stroke, and a brush with death can do to your thinking. Whole new perspective, started just after I woke and realized I was in the midst of a stroke. Life after death, just made sense. First thing I did after leaving hospital was get a great course on information theory. Everything has been falling in place ever since. string theory, Loop Quantum Gravity. all seem to fall short, was following the crumbs prior to the stroke, with mathematical clues such as Monster moonshine.
I did not know who Claude Shannon was before the stroke, Now I see him as a very insightful physicist way before his time, even he did not know the magnitude of his breakthrough, He did not even know he was doing physics. Next Einstien?

Last edited:
I would probably consider myself atheist, but the label is not important to me.

Also, if you are comfortable sharing, what led you to hold the belief you do now? I personally grew up in a pretty religious household, but never actually held any belief of my own since I was very young (I didn’t even believe in things like Santa Clause as a kid). When I was in middle school, I started to look into what it meant to be atheist.

All thoughts are appreciated :)

I would probably consider myself atheist, but the label is not important to me.

Also, if you are comfortable sharing, what led you to hold the belief you do now? I personally grew up in a pretty religious household, but never actually held any belief of my own since I was very young (I didn’t even believe in things like Santa Clause as a kid). When I was in middle school, I started to look into what it meant to be atheist.

All thoughts are appreciated :)
I'd consider myself atheist, or at least agnostic.
For me, it was just... a lot of things about religion that have rubbed me the wrong way, especially as I got older.
When I was younger and still believed in God, I never understood it fully. When I got older, the whole concept just seemed implausible to me. Now, it's mainly the anti-LGBT sentiment a lot of branches of religion hold, and how overall restrictive and oppressive the structures of religion are to me, especially in term of women's rights.

Definitely atheist / agnostic. I also really like Laveyan Satanism, or the inner teenager in me does. I know it's basically just Christianity with a twist, but that's what makes it familiar and festive.

Whatever the Christians in my life are (they hate everybody, especially the disadvantaged, the underdogs, the ones with problems) I'd like to be the exact opposite of them and practice what they preach, without hypocrisy or the facade of righteousness, salvation or 'going to heaven'. I'd rather do it because I'm a good person instead.

I firmly believe that the morals are the meat of the stories, not the dogma. The ones I know seem very lost.

Definitely atheist / agnostic. I also really like Laveyan Satanism, or the inner teenager in me does. I know it's basically just Christianity with a twist, but that's what makes it familiar and festive.

Whatever the Christians in my life are (they hate everybody, especially the disadvantaged, the underdogs, the ones with problems) I'd like to be the exact opposite of them and practice what they preach, without hypocrisy or the facade of righteousness, salvation or 'going to heaven'. I'd rather do it because I'm a good person instead.

I firmly believe that the morals are the meat of the stories, not the dogma. The ones I know seem very lost.

That sums up exactly what I was talking about with the dogma. lol
I don't really have a high capacity for lore and larping though, maybe that's my deficit.

Also, does that guy spew hate like that all the time against 'woke culture'? That's so messed up. Something tells me the whole christianity thing has been hijacked by a bunch of real-life demons and I'm one of the few who can see it.

Last edited:
I don't really have a high capacity for lore and larping though, maybe that's my deficit.

Also, does that guy spew hate like that all the time against 'woke culture'? That's so messed up. Something tells me the whole christianity thing has been hijacked by a bunch of real-life demons and I'm one of the few who can see it.
Christianity being against any kind of change or new wave is hardly new from a european perspective (plus they were behind the puritan panic of the 80s in america too). It's just what the faith acts like in practice. We had to fight hard here to get them to leave schools alone and stop making church mandatory. Only happened as recently as the 90s. You'd be practically shunned by the neighborhood for not getting baptized as well. It's all so terribly clique-y. The further back in time you look the more authoritarian and violent the faith acted. They come from a history of a real power trip of social and political control, even if you can say this was all just the faith being used as a vessel for evil ends. To me it says something that the faith can be used for something like that at all.

What? That the exception destroys the rule? As opposed to the exception and the rule co-existing and, in the case of the relation between us Autistic people and non-Autistic people (whom I like to call "Common Lapsarians"), mutually supporting each other?

That's so messed up. Something tells me the whole christianity thing has been hijacked by a bunch of real-life demons and I'm one of the few who can see it.
So you have some capacity for "larping," just not a high capacity, is that right?

Christianity being against any kind of change or new wave is hardly new from a european perspective (plus they were behind the puritan panic of the 80s in america too). It's just what the faith acts like in practice. We had to fight hard here to get them to leave schools alone and stop making church mandatory. Only happened as recently as the 90s. You'd be practically shunned by the neighborhood for not getting baptized as well. It's all so terribly clique-y. The further back in time you look the more authoritarian and violent the faith acted. They come from a history of a real power trip of social and political control, even if you can say this was all just the faith being used as a vessel for evil ends. To me it says something that the faith can be used for something like that at all.
Ever heard of Plutarco Calles pal?

26F91CEB-4D90-4082-B609-65D4B6C3CF1E_1_201_a.jpeg

So you have some capacity for "larping," just not a high capacity, is that right?

You're really slinging insults about me based on my religion / beliefs, or potentially intellect? How kind of you.
Seems like you've proved my point better than I ever could.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom