• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's your religion?

Yeshuasdaughter

You know, that one lady we met that one time.
V.I.P Member
I am Messianic Jewish. How about you?

iu

I have God and all the spirituality that comes with it. Including my own belief system, which requires no need for formalized religion or its fellowship with others. That the sanctity of my soul is a matter between myself and God- and no other mortals.

Last edited:
I have God and all the spirituality that comes with it. Including my own belief system, which requires no need for formalized religion or its fellowship with others. That the sanctity of my soul is a matter between myself and God- and no other mortals.

Pilgrims Progress? That's kinda what I do.

Pilgrims Progress? That's kinda what I do.
Pilgrim's Progress!!!??? :rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose: xoxo!

I am a homeschool mom and I think I made my daughter read that book cover to cover at least three times during her education. We both love it!!!!!

Straight and narrow. Don't look to the left or the right. Just stay on the straight and narrow path.

Have a fun question for you Judge. Always heard Christian's are brothers and sisters in faith. Would you be a big brother wolf or a little brother wolf?

Have a fun question for you Judge. Always heard Christian's are brothers and sisters in faith. Would you be a big brother wolf or a little brother wolf?

:confused: Perhaps it might be best to ask a Christian. ;)

Reincarnation is an important aspect of my belief system. One most Christian sects appear to reject. From my perspective we're just visitors here, on a magnanimous but temporary journey of personal enlightenment.

Last edited:
Went to a Church of England school for 11 years. But as I got older I struggled more and more with faith and organised religion. Whilst I enjoy history and find religion interesting - I don't follow any specific faith.

When I began reading the Seth books - that made more sense, and felt very empowering. I think this is because what it teaches transcends religion and science.

I think the problem I have is that, no matter what beliefs you hold - there's a degree of faith that must be had. Humanity isn't at a stage where it can prove or disprove life after death, souls, deities, or reincarnation etc.

I like certainties in life - and for me, religion can't provide that.

I must admit though - I've met several devout people over the years, and they often display a warmth and dedication that is seldom found in modern society.

Ed

Roman Catholic and very happy to be in it.

Back in the pre-modern era, many autistic people either went to the military or the church.

:confused: Perhaps it might be best to ask a Christian. ;)

Reincarnation is an important aspect of my belief system. One most Christian sects appear to reject. From my perspective we're just visitors here, on a magnanimous but temporary journey of personal enlightenment.
Oh. Sorry.

I have my own theology:

Welcome to The Dheghem International!

Best described as a combination of Buddha and Karl Marx, with some bits and pieces from a few other faiths thrown in.

Edit: The tabs don't seem to be showing in the browser I'm using (Pale Moon). I have noticed that GoDaddy has been having problems with any browser that isn't Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome. If anybody else is using an oddball browser, try opening that in Edge or Chrome.

I'm Jewish but my practice is very personal. I have found I don't work well going to a synagogue I just find it overwhelming and I in fact pretty much left for a few years. Now that I have accepted being autistic will affect my faith I have been able to connect with G-d in a better way.

I don't exactly believe in a higher power but instead an energy around us free to access if we choose. That does of course against Judaism a little bit in the way we believe in one higher power and not a vague energy field but it works for me and that's between G-d and me. I find that needing a higher power does not matter and it is instead the mindful time I can take to connect to my own spirit and the world around me that is the most holy and the more cleansing and calming. Judaism tends to emphasize religion not just as belief but as practice and I guess I just emphasize that even more. Alongside that I have a strong ethical code.

I'm Jewish but my practice is very personal. I have found I don't work well going to a synagogue I just find it overwhelming and I in fact pretty much left for a few years. Now that I have accepted being autistic will affect my faith I have been able to connect with G-d in a better way.

I don't exactly believe in a higher power but instead an energy around us free to access if we choose. That does of course against Judaism a little bit in the way we believe in one higher power and not a vague energy field but it works for me and that's between G-d and me. I find that needing a higher power does not matter and it is instead the mindful time I can take to connect to my own spirit and the world around me that is the most holy and the more cleansing and calming. Judaism tends to emphasize religion not just as belief but as practice and I guess I just emphasize that even more. Alongside that I have a strong ethical code.
That does bring up a good, follow-up question, for those who believe in God, how do you all understand Him?

As a Catholic, I believe that God is more than a Higher Power and more than an energy field; He is the Supreme Being. That means that He is Goodness Himself, Might Himself, Love Himself, Truth Himself etc., and He is Perfect Goodness, Perfect Might, Perfect Love, Perfect Truth etc. All of these are one and the same in Him, His Goodness is His Might, is His Love, is His Truth etc., there is no distinction between these “aspects,” because God has no aspects or parts. If I may use the Holy Name of the Lord, God’s name in Hebrew implies all of this, His Name YHWH, can best be translated as “He Who Is Being,” “Y” means “He,” and “HWH” means “Being” in Hebrew.

New Threads

Top Bottom