• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was the last thing you made?

I custom printed my name on a new laundry card. It’s actually a bit complex.

My laundry card stopped working after years of use so I had to buy another from the machine. These types of cards are something I have studied so I have the equipment and software that allows me to print on the card. It is a CR80 Smart Card (the small gold printed circuit that looks like a square). CR80 refers to the dimensions of the card. I have a CR80 card printer. So I used my software to layout my name and address and put the laundry card through my printer so I could print on the backside.

The result is what looks like a custom laundry card from the company that made it. I was very happy about this. Sometimes people in my building lose their cards, mine will be easy to return to me if I do. I like doing things like this for myself. I usually cannot do something practical with an obsession but this one time I could.

I do not know if what if hearing about what a did will be interesting to anyone but I think most of us have obsessions and I thought people could relate in that way.

Back to my plastic modelling.

A 1/35 scale German Panzer 38T, Russia- 1941.

PZ_38T_1.jpg

PZ_38T_2.jpg

I made a video of two leopard slugs making sweet love in the garden yesterday morning.

I built a new exhaust system for my Jeep. The old one was a long piece of rust and the Jeep would not pass emissions. I bought a mig welder last year and this is my first big project with it. A pro welder would probably laugh at my welds, but it is strong and has no holes.

I made a video of two leopard slugs making sweet love in the garden yesterday morning.
I've killed 10-15 spanish slugs in a garden. They are eating my vegetables and other plants and are not welcome. They like rainy weather that is here for last 3 months.

I've killed 10-15 spanish slugs in a garden. They are eating my vegetables and other plants and are not welcome. They like rainy weather that is here for last 3 months.

We spread crushed eggshells to deter them from the plants we don’t want them to consume.

I just scanned this little drawing I made. Sometimes I wish I had something better than Sharpies to color in my drawings with.
Scan_20200812 (2).png

Quick needle felted Buzzy Bee for 11 month old grandson.

- enjoys attempting 'Zuh' sound (buZZy)
- learning Object permanence (where is ...? hiding game)
- dexterity and textures
- recognition of animal/insect names

3E5FF123-7D5D-4EBF-B9B9-A4AAFF2A42F0.jpeg

The last thing of any note that I made was a custard tart with berry compote topping. The topping was pretty tart itself, but actually went well with the custard.

Quick bed heat remover.

This was specifically for my better half. Having hot flashes and such isn't fun to wake up to. The goal of this was to remove as much heat when detected.

Using a pad with tubing run through, which is connected to two peltier devices with 3x 100W stacked. The hot side goes through a radiator. And quiet enough that *I* can't hear it, which is saying something.

Can also pre-chill the bed, so that if you are hot, getting in bed can be counterintuitive, but feels amazing if you are overheated.

upload_2020-8-17_19-40-53.png

Complete with graphs!
upload_2020-8-17_19-51-24.png

I sure learned a lot about the amount of heat transfer that is for sure!

Dumping radiator heat into a warm hot summer room is no good. Needs to be moved outside. Also needs to be put into something so I don't have to worry about the idea of the pumps emptying a bunch of water into the room.

Fun stuff!

A list of personal positive affirmations, pinned on the wall next to my computer screen, and the idea is I force myself to read them every day. Therapist’s suggestion, I’m paying her some decent cash so I may as well listen to her ideas.

New Threads

Top Bottom