• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was the last thing you made?

That big city in the west people hate for being non religious:D

It says “Just a small town girl” on your profile, that’s why I assumed you might be from mine.
Because I’m from the one between your city and Istanbul, which is like a baby Izmir in some ways.
(Çanakkale)

It says “Just a small town girl” on your profile, that’s why I assumed you might be from mine.
Because I’m from the one between your city and Istanbul, which is like a baby Izmir in some ways.
(Çanakkale)

Ah that's just lyrics from a song hahah.
I've been to Çanakkale! I am really happy to see someone from my country in these forums!

Scan_20201127 (4).png
I finished painting these Christmas-themed ornaments today.
Scan_20201127 (3).png

Model rocket engine propellant punches and tampers I made for a friend.
20201208_110113.jpg
Either an arbor press or a hammer will provide the forces required to assemble the engines.
Blue indicates the stainless steel nozzle form sample.
Brass was chosen as an alternative to the more difficult to machine stainless because of spark concerns.
Can't have an engine go hot on the bench in a pile of rocket fuel :p

20201208_110159.jpg

Blue are the engine tubes, while red are the tampers

20201208_110246.jpg

Brass tamper slid onto the stainless sample.

The tampers have a 1/8 inch hole drilled to 1.5 inches deep, which can be tricky in common yellow brass.

The project was to make nozzle pins for different sized engine charges. Interchangeable pins will be made of brass to allow for differing lengths which will also require tapers so they release easily.
The pins are for the initial fast burn for liftoff thrust which later slows to a sustained lower thrust after gravity has been initially overcome.
Common kitty litter made into a paste is used at the nozzle end and the upper end of the cardboard tubes to retain the fuel charge.

Last edited:
20201215_142112.jpg
Print in frame cost a whopping $3 at a church resale shop.
It was chosen for the plain styled frame with glass.
The pastel blue frame was painted black to match the theme of the $9.99 poster bought at a Spencer's Gifts outlet in a local mall.

20201215_152121.jpg

The original matted print was stapled in place, so I opted to retain it with lathing, #4 wood screws and a slight amount of hot glue to add slight pressure to the glass. The screws added another $4.99 to the bill of materials.
It ain't real pretty, but very strong.
20201215_143721.jpg
Audrey Hepburn inking Norma Jean

I found it amusing that Marilyn has a tat that reads RIP JFK.
Most unfamiliar with the chains of events from that era may not get the irony of that :p

I have about 6 hours and $19.05 for the entire project just because I thought it was cool :cool:

Last edited:
I guess I must be in the age group that remembers these events. Marilyn Monroe died almost 16 months before JFK.

A 4lb pork roast in the Crock Pot. Turned out to be supremely tender. I am taking some of it into the office tomorrow to share with my coworkers.

New Threads

Top Bottom