• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was the last thing you made?

Quick bed heat remover.

This was specifically for my better half. Having hot flashes and such isn't fun to wake up to. The goal of this was to remove as much heat when detected.

Using a pad with tubing run through, which is connected to two peltier devices with 3x 100W stacked. The hot side goes through a radiator. And quiet enough that *I* can't hear it, which is saying something.

Can also pre-chill the bed, so that if you are hot, getting in bed can be counterintuitive, but feels amazing if you are overheated.

View attachment 63773

Complete with graphs!
View attachment 63776

I sure learned a lot about the amount of heat transfer that is for sure!

Dumping radiator heat into a warm hot summer room is no good. Needs to be moved outside. Also needs to be put into something so I don't have to worry about the idea of the pumps emptying a bunch of water into the room.

Fun stuff!
Isn't it simplier to just build in an air conditioner into your bedroom?

Digital Photo Restoration:

Restoration.jpg

Unc, Mom and Grandma...circa 1929.

A massive pork roast in a slow cooker with red potatoes, celery, carrots, and a lot of fresh herbs. I will be eating this for the next couple of days.

A practical joke.

I told my daughter that there was water on the floor, coming from the sink and heading towards the stove.

She ran into the kitchen to find a trail of water bottles on the floor that started by the sink and headed to the stove.

We both had a good laugh!

I've killed 10-15 spanish slugs in a garden. They are eating my vegetables and other plants and are not welcome. They like rainy weather that is here for last 3 months.

I use diatomaceous earth to prevent slugs and other crawling pests. I sprinkle a ring of it around each plant or around a row of plants if it is a large area. We also use it in the chicken house, mixed with pine shavings, to suppress fleas, mites and other pests that like chickens.

I've killed 10-15 spanish slugs in a garden. They are eating my vegetables and other plants and are not welcome. They like rainy weather that is here for last 3 months.

Go and buy Corrys Slug Pellets.

They're safe for animals and children. They're these little oat logs that have a tiny bit of iron in them, enough to kill a slug, but not enough to hurt wildlife, pets, or children. I sprinkle that in the garden, and within 24 hours, all the slugs are gone.

You have to reapply every week or two because there are eggs that hatch. But as long as you keep it sprinkled, you'll never have slugs.

iu

I just made a couple cakes, and am in the process of frosting them now. Except for one, which just has a little almond glaze.

The last thing I did was get overstimulated by the WORST website ever that claims to be for "autistic children". As an autistic adult, I was overstimulated within the first 2 seconds.

If you want to see the worst set up website for autistic people, look no further: AutiSpark Home - AutiSpark

Homemade vegetable soups and fresh fruit puddings.

Getting back to simple 'basics' to help boost household immune systems.

Three masks made by this pattern which seemed very
obscure from the video. Eventually I figured out the
various points established a *connect the dots* sort of
arrangement.

upload_2020-11-16_8-45-9.png

The video didn't say how long to make the elastic.
I used a measurement (16cm) from a previous mask pattern this same person made,
but a little shorter, because the elastic looked shorter.
14cm was too short, so I picked the stitches out and removed that elastic.

I replaced it with ties made from t-shirt yarn.
The ties give it a better fit.

It's a very easy mask to sew, once you get the pattern drawn.

Broccoli chicken with oyster sauce and jasmine rice. I also mixed in a bit of sriracha to give it some kick. Drank a couple of IPAs while consuming it last night.

New Threads

Top Bottom