• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What made you happy today?

Today I had a very nice supper of home-cooked BBQ ribs, chicken wings, french fries and some ice cream cake from DQ for dessert at my parent's house for Father's day. My dad liked the gift I bought him - it's one of those swiveling hula girl figures for the dashboard of his truck. On Mother's Day I had gotten my mom a solar-powered pink flamingo and a unicorn for the dashboard her car, but I got the hula girl for dad because I figured that was something a guy would like.:D

Cleaned and repacked all the bearings in my bike, replaced broken ones. Cleaned and repacked freeweel. Replaced pedals. Now just would like to replace the cables. But it's ready to ride now if I want.

The tone of the sunlight in my bedroom, it has a bright coolness to it that reminds me of the sea and sky, which is a nice feeling.

A break from this one very difficult job that I've been on for 2 weeks. On to one that is more normal.

Seeing the progress I’ve made the last couple days on the quilt.
The next step involves buying the batting.
There’s a quilt shop in the village, so I needn’t go far.
Then:
1) cut batting
2) pin batting
3) sew edges with room to turn
4) clip corners
5) turn & top stitch
6) decorative top stitch
7) tie

I played a 4v4, as the Malians. Usually, I stick to my own town, and defend its multi-layered walls, with archers. However, I was feeling really safe, and decided to send my army into my ally's town, and ward off the enemy eagle warriors! It worked! Finally!

Enemy battering rams were smashing down the houses, but I sent cavalry, to beat up the rams! Then, I sent my villagers to build defensive towers, in my ally's town. I made my infantry join the allies, and charge into the enemies, while my monks were healing my ally's wounded soldiers. I donated lots of lumber and food to them, and set up trebuchets, to knock down the enemy's pesky castles.

Soon, we stormed the enemy towns, and won the game. Wow! Offense, outside of attrition and counterattacks, I usually don't play offense, but I am a great team player, so I decided to help my allies make the comeback. They might've been AI allies, but I still felt helpful.

Although I'm anxious to return to PvP play, I'm sure my generosity will find its place elsewhere. If I do play a match, with an allied human, I'll probably say, "Hey, you can have my sheep and I'll send some Spearmen to guard your town against enemy horsemen." Giving away sheep sounds far too generous, but it's a nice thing to do.

I got a refund for the corrugated plastic board (aka Correx®) from the ebay seller without any further unpleasantness or confrontation.
I was worried about the inevitable confrontation, and about whether my message complaining about the condition the item arrived in was too harsh and would get an angry response.
But it felt good to get back the money and not have to communicate with the seller any further. I don't even have to send the item back! :)

Finding my way back to a series that I used to be obsessed with, and finding it still as great and wonderful as I remember it.

I won some money!:) I made a bet on tennis matches which were yesterday. I'm fan of ATP championship. I checked statistics here, matches were cool!!

A feeling of mastery: I didn’t need any help at my volunteer job today. I was in the zone.

July 4 and 5 will be paid holidays. 3 day week next week.

And this weekend is Freedom Fest. They choreograph the fireworks to music. Makes it the best show around IMO.

New Threads

Top Bottom