• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What do you think of animals?

i like animals. mostly cats. I miss having a cat. I like dogs to, but teaching them not to lick, and jump all over you, can be hard.

We have two cats, the female drives me nuts part siamese, I swear she talks, talks back to us all the time. constantly, complaining about something, food, affection wish I could understand her. She is also very good looking, her partner our male cat is very protective of her. he is a real jock. Even through both are fixed you would not know it, she very good at playing hard to get. Squeek the female woke me up while I was going through my stroke, saved me from considerable brain damage.

Last edited:
I would be very sad if how I feel about animals wasn't obvious by now lol!

Animals are my best friends. They are just as drawn to me as I am to them. I wish people understood me as well as animals do.

DfZvZ4UW0AAD9Gp.jpg

I find it much more intuitive to interact with most animals I’ve met than with humans. It feels like I’m not really “programmed” to rely heavily on verbal communication and taking it out of the equation helps immensely. I feel “in tune” with most animals except humans.

I firmly believe in respecting every animal as a fellow being who probably feels pain and suffering at least to some extent, including arthropods (which many people don’t:rolleyes:). I understand the necessity of some killing, but at least be merciful about it, and have a reason besides “because it’s there and/or ugly, gross, etc.”

I love my own two dogs, but they are both service dogs. A lot of dogs are not trained well and bark and jump and I'm not a fan of that. I don't like cats. They are huge sensory overload for me. My previous roommate had a very large parrot, and while it was super pretty, omg was it loud. I use to own several reptiles before I moved, they were lovely to own, very quiet and calm. I've also owned several rats and they were very nice. My biggest rat was a tan girl, she would wear a little harness and go for short walks in the yard with me. They are very smart.

I have always loved animals, but my parents would only allow a 10 gal aquarium. So, I became obsessed with aquarium life. That was frustrating because you can do only so much with one 10 gal. tank. Then my sister broke the barrier and brought home a dog from the Humane Society. I didn’t like Spartan at first because I was afraid of dogs, but, once I got to know him, I loved him very much. And I miss him a lot.

Then I adopted the tiniest kitten Leo (thus, part of my avatar name). I love Leo as if he were my child. I don’t know what I would do without Leo. He is the most beautiful cat in the world. A photo shortly after I adopted him:
1657618957396.jpeg

Our kids left home long ago and have families of their own. Now we have very spoiled Chihuahuas and they are our babies. That is what we think about animals.

I had towards the end of 2021 did explain why some autistic individuals are obsessed with animals. It was all based upon speculation about animal obsessions amongst autistic individuals and how they vary in shape, size, texture, colour etc.

I heard that many autistics are into animals and some can relate to and get along better with other animals more than humans. I was wondering how much you guys really like animals besides humans and whether any of you aren't into animals.
I love them! They are absolutely fascinating, and pets in particular can provide great deals of comfort.

I'm the opposite, not into firearms but I do hunt.

Taught to hunt as a child, my father believed that if you ate meat you should kill it yourself and honour its life. Nowadays I might bag a pheasant or salmon, but that's about it. Crossbow hunter myself.
I'm not into hunting, but I'd love to learn how to use a crossbow. So powerful, so elegant, so precise...

I live with dogs, but I like any other animal species (or even plant species) more than I love humans. Of course there are exceptions, individuals who I like. But I can empathize only to a certain point with them, whereas I seem to be able to feel for anything else.
It's part of my spirituality, I think.
And I sometimes think I can communicate with them better tan I can with humans.
So I go with whoever said: "The more I know humans, the more I like my dog."

Last edited:
I'm not into hunting, but I'd love to learn how to use a crossbow. So powerful, so elegant, so precise...
I once knew a man who was all about animal protection, and archery was one of his hobbies (his dad was a professional hunter). you don't have to hunt in order to use a crossbow.

I once knew a man who was all about animal protection, and archery was one of his hobbies (his dad was a professional hunter). you don't have to hunt in order to use a crossbow.
Thanks. I have a minor interest in weapons, but I can't really talk about without looking like a creep.

New Threads

Top Bottom