• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What do you think of animals?

When i was younger found out I could shoot a rifle very accurately won trophy for best shoot is school cadet corps.
suspect I have very steady hands, may be related to being autistic.

I wish humans were more like animals. Animals don't care about your superficial appearance, your gender, your race, your social status, or your preferences. A little apathy goes a long way.

I pretty much only like my own dogs, because we're best buds for life. Most animals and insects scare me, TBH, and that even includes other peoples' dogs who weren't raised in a loving and disciplined environment. I see my dogs as my sons and daughters, though, and since they've taken on my personality throughout the years it kind of feels like raising the children I will never have. I definitely prefer it this way!

I think animals have emotions (i.e. they're capable of feeling happiness, sadness, fear, love, etc.).

For this reason I don't eat animal derived products since 2010 (when I started thinking about this).*

Not saying that people who eat animal derived products are evil, I'm not trying to convince anyone so please do not get defensive haha.

I also love dogs and cats <3

*Of course animal-free diets do not eliminate animal suffering completely from the world and can't be absolutely perfect, but they do reduce it to a large extent IMO.

Last edited:
I once knew a man who was all about animal protection, and archery was one of his hobbies (his dad was a professional hunter). you don't have to hunt in order to use a crossbow.
Very true - I learned how to do archery . Was with it for a few years and was a natural. Did some archery leagues . Eventually got to busy doing other hobbies though . I liked the cross bow very much . The compound bow is much more technique and really exciting . Maybe someday I will learn Long Bow .

Animals are one of the best things about this planet that we live on. They give you companionship or can lift your spirits on a really tough day. They can become a part of the family. They're something I couldn't imagine a world where we do not have them. Not just common pet animals either. They're all so cute and wonderful. Some of the less conventionally cute ones are quite interesting too. I love learning weird animal facts or seeing baby versions of an animal you don't really see that much of.

I could go on and rant more but I'll stop there. Needless to say, I love animals.

I relate more to wild animals than domesticated ones. That said, I have 3 wolf-hybrids, and two of the three have a close bond with me. The third is a bit ditsy and skittish, but when he sees his packmates clammering around me, he comes over to be petted.

I do a lot of solo wilderness camping, and when the wildlife gets close, I can almost feel a tangible connection with them.

I heard that many autistics are into animals and some can relate to and get along better with other animals more than humans. I was wondering how much you guys really like animals besides humans and whether any of you aren't into animals.
I love animals and I love humans. But animals are more gentle except for the evil animals.
I love all animals now, they are a beautiful thing God created on the earth and each so beautiful.

I love dogs (especially dachshunds - I own one!)
We love them too....even race them. Preferably referred to as "Nevada Greyhounds".

Just before the next race.....and they're off! Well ...some of them. :D

Nevada Greyhounds.jpg

And then there's the four-footed darling of the Internet, Finnegan Fox:

He looks like a fox, but he's a real ham.

Last edited:
I heard that many autistics are into animals and some can relate to and get along better with other animals more than humans. I was wondering how much you guys really like animals besides humans and whether any of you aren't into animals.
I like them. I always liked them since young, I loved the zoo. At first I was not that into them and always favoured humans because also some animals and ugly and stink etc
But I do actually love them and it is a thread I have linking back they I always enjoyed seeing them like if I saw turtles I thought it was the cutest thing ever same with penguins. And loved my dog growing up as well as some of my dad's horses. And I went to the zoo and loved it but thought seals there was cruel as well as the butterfly house a bit.
I always did not really like cows, chickens, sheep, guneia pig, rabbits, mice, rats
But once I stopped eating meat, that all changed.

I like and respect animals lived on a farm did not like some farming practices like the way many other cultures.
treat animals of a food source, essential for our survival.
Found interesting u-tube video where Neil De Grasse Tyson debates a vegetarian. I do not buy into cute all animals are cute when young.

I'm also convinced he picked up on the autism aspect in a way I can't comprehend but he does seem to see me as different than other people.
I took one of my wolf-hybrids to a pow wow years ago, and a mother approached me and asked if it would be ok for her son to pet her. Before I could respond, she quickly said her son was autistic and couldn't ask me himself. I told her of course he could pet Noksi. While the mother and I chatted, I looked over and saw this:
IMG_20170114_193452438.jpg

Noksi was not that trusting with ANYONE else at the pow wow - just this boy.

Actually, I'm not comfortable with the term "animal" as a distinction from human. Humans ARE animals. I believe that animals are also people. There are differences between all animals. Humans tend to be extremely arrogant in believing they are superior because of technology. I believe technology is just something humans do. All animals do things different from other animals. I do not feel technology makes humans superior. My career as an electronics design engineer is all about technology, but it doesn't make me feel "smart". Technology has helped humans infest the planet, but I don't feel that infesting anything is a "smart" thing. Besides, humans are not the only animal to ever infest the planet. I am also quite certain, from my experience in the field, that the technology that we think we are so smart to have developed will end up being our demise.

In regard to all of my very cherished non-human friends, I never felt superior or separate from any of them. They were all people as much as I. They were all my very best friends. They understood me far greater than any other humans.

New Threads

Top Bottom