• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What do you think of animals?

This penguin really into other penguins and other animals. But there no animals better than a penguin which is why I am the most favourite animal :)

I've always loved animals, true some I cant stand but for the most I love them especially cats (I love cats) and birds. I've always had books on animals around me and even the toy blocks that were used to teach me the alphabet had animals on them. I think I must of been the only child in New Zealand to say Anteater before I could say my name properly (Anteater was my favorite word as a toddler).
oh hi fellow kiwi my mum said my first word was Honda (because my mum used to and still owns a Honda civic and I like cars)

I'm pretty fond of animals and I've spent a lot of time studying them and looking up random things.

Although I have little love for hyenas. Not one of my favorite animals.

If you look at any social page of mine it looks like I'm obsessed with cats but I'm actually not. I think my cat is very cute, I like cats and pretty much all animals (except dogs, I hate dogs) but I'm actually not really a fan of pets. I'd rather be able to be around an animal by choice, not have to live with it. I have 6 cats right now and they're annoying as ****.

I love all animals.

Some of them,like horses, cats and dogs, make good friends.

Some, like cows, goats and sheep, make good eating.

Win, win!

Good for us to eat or good for weed control? ;)
There are a few teams of goats that go around to clean underbrush and to fight kudzu for us.

I had a pair of goats (Sally & Harry) on my farm that looked after the weed issues. So they were safe from human consumption ;)

My wife and I have Chihuahuas and they are our babies. We like most all animals. At times we have others to. Right now it's Guinea pigs and hedge hogs. There have been others and I'm sure there will be more. While we are both into firearms, we do not hunt. Our meat comes from the market.

My wife and I have Chihuahuas and they are our babies. We like most all animals. At times we have others to. Right now it's Guinea pigs and hedge hogs. There have been others and I'm sure there will be more. While we are both into firearms, we do not hunt. Our meat comes from the market.
Why, despite the fact that you are into firearms, do you not hunt?

Why, despite the fact that you are into firearms, do you not hunt?
I just do not like killing, it really bothers me. I know that animals had to die for the meat at the market, but I didn't have to kill them. I don't think that hunting for meat is wrong, it's just not for me. As for the firearms, they are machines. Very precise. well engineered machines. I like machines.

I just do not like killing, it really bothers me. I know that animals had to die for the meat at the market, but I didn't have to kill them. I don't think that hunting for meat is wrong, it's just not for me. As for the firearms, they are machines. Very precise. well engineered machines. I like machines.

I'm the opposite, not into firearms but I do hunt.

Taught to hunt as a child, my father believed that if you ate meat you should kill it yourself and honour its life. Nowadays I might bag a pheasant or salmon, but that's about it. Crossbow hunter myself.

I love animals. I'm not sure I could function very well without them. I don't know how much is ASD and how much is upbringing. I was raised with animals. My mom's cat adopted me the day I came home from the hospital and didn't leave my side until I learned to chase and pinch him. One of the other cats was happy to put up with the toddler stage, so I was still around them and interacting with them constantly. When I was 8, after much begging, we got a dog and I've had at least one dog and cat at all times since then. On top of that, my mom encouraged me to learn about and appreciate all other animals. I was about 3 months old when I went to the zoo for the first time and have spent a huge portion of my life there. I had books about animals, watched educational videos... That's just the world I know. It's rare for me to meet an animal I don't like. I have a healthy respect for animals and know how to be cautious and respectful, but I love them all. My brother and I both are able to connect with animals that "nobody can touch", much to everyone's amazement.

I love all animals. I believe I love animals in much the same way that the Lord would have humans love all other humans. Sadly, I can't feel that way about human beings. There are some I like, most I feel nothing for, and a few I'd really like to see disappear completely ... including anyone who does anything cruel to animals.

There are some animals I love more than others. Cats are my favorites because I can identify with their personalities. We understand each other. I like big dogs every much, but little dogs aren't my favorite. I prefer not to be around most little dogs. I imagine it's because they tend to yap loudly, and that drives me crazy. Also, I don't really like being jumped on or licked incessantly. Some pet animals make me nervous because I'm constantly worried about their safety. Pets like rabbits, turtles, rats ... I like them, but I couldn't have them because I'd feel like they were too dependent on me and I'd be anxious all the time. Horses are cool too, but I've never had much experience with them.

I believe I love animals in much the same way that the Lord would have humans love all other humans.
I like this sentence. At first, I thought that it said "the Lord would have humans love all other animals." Funny. I think He just wants us to love other creatures as much as possible.
I like animals but mostly animals like cats and dogs I can interact with and since I have sensory issues I really like the texture of soft animals. Our cat is super soft and snuggly.
I agree with you too. I love their soft textures. Which is why I didn't get a betta fish and got two friendly rats instead! Fish are pretty, and they are supposed to lower your blood pressure, but I think probably all animals do that we keep as pets.

I like this sentence. At first, I thought that it said "the Lord would have humans love all other animals." Funny. I think He just wants us to love other creatures as much as possible.

Ecclesiastes 3:19
"For what happens to the children of man and what happens to the beasts is the same. As one dies, so dies the other. They all have the same breath, and man has no advantage over the beasts, for all is vanity."

I agree with you too. I love their soft textures. Which is why I didn't get a betta fish and got two friendly rats instead! Fish are pretty, and they are supposed to lower your blood pressure, but I think probably all animals do that we keep as pets.

I can't say I ever really thought about the sensory affect cats have on me. I do love their soft fur, and I'm calmed by their purring. There's nothing better in the world than cuddling with a friendly, soft, happy kitty.

Ecclesiastes 3:19
"For what happens to the children of man and what happens to the beasts is the same. As one dies, so dies the other. They all have the same breath, and man has no advantage over the beasts, for all is vanity."
Wow. That is awesome! Thanks for typing that! I wanna look that up now. How beautiful.

I can't say I ever really thought about the sensory affect cats have on me. I do love their soft fur, and I'm calmed by their purring. There's nothing better in the world than cuddling with a friendly, soft, happy kitty.

I tend to be pretty aware of the sensory aspects of animals, but they're not the first thing I think of, when I think about animals. I adore cat fur because it's soooo soft and silky. My mom has a long haired cat that's seriously the softest thing I've ever touched. He's amazing. Mine is pretty silky, but more like a typical American short hair cat. Another thing I really love is the hair of a horse's mane and tail. I used to know a horse who would stand patiently while I twisted my fingers in her mane for hours. She seemed to love it as much as I did. I could name plenty of other things about animals that I love the feel of. :p Oh, and it's pretty awesome that my cat lies on my back at night, which is kinda like having a weighted blanket or something. Helps me sleep.

I love animals, though I do have trouble handling spiders and some other insects. I can when I must, but I am not one to get a pet tarantula. I would rescue one if I came across one that needed rescuing, but I would struggle. (I mean 'rescue' as in getting a pet away from bad carers and finding it a good home asap. I don't live somewhere where I come across tarantulas out in the wild.)

I am quite certain I would like working with animals. I don't mind grubby work where animals are involved. And I love talking to them. I always talk to animals. I noticed that not many people seem to, at least with others around, but I honestly don't care and never have. It comes naturally to me in a way that talking to humans never does. Many times, their reactions are much easier to read, too.

I am not so sure that my love of animals is in any way specific to my ASD, but I suspect that the way I interact with them may be.

I have always far preferred animals to other humans, to be honest.
They are easier to understand and in many cases, I find them much more interesting and amazing in what they can do.
Just look at bird migration, for a start.

New Threads

Top Bottom