• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Weird films and T.V. Shows

Ronald Zeeman

V.I.P Member
I have always had an interest in unusual films, most notably if they have an underlying mystery. I never knew why. my youngest son is now hooked to these caught from me.
I guess they are made by the Artsy Autistics among our tribe.

I went to a party once I kept everybody entranced by rhyming off film and TV show titles. The young people were taking notes, who says they do not like autistics.

Who else is into this stuff list examples;

TV shows such as was one called 'Lexx', a Canadian German production. Blew me out of the water when I first watched it the original Avenger series from Britain and films such a 'CUBE". I loved the Prisoner series when I was in College.
My son will probably really like to hear of stuff he has not seen yet.

Last edited:
Also enjoyed The Prisoner. Pretty surreal. Then, there is the granddaddy of the unusual, Eraserhead, probably the creepiest film I've sat through.

I remember watching a Brit film about a professor and a young girl looking for pieces of film attached to archived films about a nuclear accident. that was kept quiet. Interesting film watched it with my son when he was very young. Found out latter there was truth to this film. Still do not know the name.

Sir Henry at Rawlinson End.

You like weird film; well, it doesn't get much weirder than that.

Made by the incomparable knight of the non sequitur, Vivian Stanshall.

I am not saying that is great art, as I am not a qualified art critic, but every time I watched it I wanted to write, which is the same reaction I have to classical music and great storytelling.

The weirdest film I ever watched was an Italian film called Milky Way in college , dubbed into English the theater was full when the movie started. when it ended only two of us left. Just looked it up apparently it was a French production. if you want to watch it be warned it is one weird film. Tops my list. Apparently Salvadore Dali was friends with the director a masterpiece.

Last edited:
I liked cube, a weird horror suspence film, lots of killing and dieing in gross manners. They even made sequels.

Twighlight zone and eraserhead to me were the weirdest I have seen and creepiest.

There was a particular scene in eraserhead that truly caught me off guide and so weird that it caused a nightmare. A cooked chicken on the table, but when the knife went to cut it, it moved and blood spilled out and that was just so shuddering to me. And pretty sure if I saw it now, I would feel sickened.

My younger son would like this. He is into weird period, movies music tv shows.
I really liked the old avengers series from the sixties. with Patrick McGoohan.

The most disturbing movie I’ve ever seen was a (2017? 2018?) psychological thriller called “Thoroughbreds.” I saw it in a theater and I just kind of sat there in shock for a while afterwards.
A lot of the things that happened in the movie hit a bit too close to home for me and it was very triggering :(

"A, B & C"

By far MY favorite episode of "The Prisoner". :cool::cool::cool:

With the episode "Many Happy Returns" a close second. ;)

Was #6 actually former secret agent John Drake? Hmmmmmm.

Last edited:
A lot of people are going to film school trying to out do each other. IT takes more than that to impress me. The really original films and shows. by someone with an different take are what I like
Only Kubrick could have done a Clockwork Orange. Took my son to see a thin something line when he was a teenager, War film.

"A, B & C"

By far MY favorite episode of "The Prisoner". :cool::cool::cool:

With the episode "Many Happy Returns" a close second. ;)

Was #6 actually former secret agent John Drake? Hmmmmmm.
I had all, the literature was a real hard core fan. faded a bit since. drove my buddy nuts as I was renting his Parents basement as a apartment while in College. He became a fan latter once he figured out what it was about. I remember him going nuts after the last episode.

Last edited:
Not into weird films too much, but weird music is another thing. Loved him the Bonzo Dog band. Mr Apollo, c. 1969 :D

Loved the song but why I'm shocked that anything from the 2nd highest percentage country for autism worldwide I don't know

New Threads

Top Bottom