• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Weird films and T.V. Shows

I've just been re-watching my Blu ray set of the 1966 Batman TV series and decided that was worthy of mention here. I've always loved that series (literally from infancy) but it took watching it as an adult to appreciate the surreal aspects of it and it's strange humor. It was so brilliant because of how straight and serious the actors played it all. If they didn't decide to let the writers and directors get sillier as time went on, it probably would have lasted years more than it did. I'm a great fan of a lot of 1960s TV (and the eras pop and psychedelic music) in general. They had much better writers and when color TV came in to itself. All colors were super psychedelically bright and flashy with lots of paisley and swirls in clothing on just about every show. The UK did similar with a lot of shows in the 1970s when BBC went color.

Back on the video track though. If you like silliness and puns, the hands down greatest at that was Rocky and His Friends and it's successor after a network change, The Bullwinkle Show - currently all on DVD as Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends. Gerry Anderson's UFO was really cool weirdness I haven't seen mentioned here yet. The original Lost in Space, Green Acres, F Troop, The Addams Family and The Munsters. Mel Brooks and Buck Henry's brilliant spy spoof Get Smart. The first 2-3 years of Rowan and Martin's Laugh In were brilliant. Wow, I can't believe I forgot about the Krofft's until now! HR Pufnstuf, The Bugaloos, Lidsville, Sigmund and the Sea Monsters, Land of the Lost and so, so many others. Clutch Cargo and Space Angel are the very definition of weird.

Some educational films shown in schools are pretty weird and messed up. There’s one where literally everything has to do with eggs being polite and another where they keep saying the title character’s name so much that if you took a shot every time the name was said you’d be dead from alcohol poisoning.

As it rains on some days, I am forced to use my stationary bike, rather than walking. finished watching the fringe. series boy is there a parody of us aspies with the Doctor of Sciences character. Very well done.

As it rains on some days, I am forced to use my stationary bike, rather than walking. finished watching the fringe. series boy is there a parody of us aspies with the Doctor of Sciences character. Very well done.
I want to rewatch Fringe also. Yes, got to love Walter!
Currently I'm binge watching Supernatural.

I watched supernatural a prior to the stroke my wife has some DVD's of the last season watched them a few months ago. She is more of a science fiction fan than I am. I Left science fiction behind as a teenager to be replaced by real science.

Definitely enjoy weird flicks. "Between Time and Timbuktu" was a favorite from college in the 1970s

I've actually watched a few Dingo Pictures movies. Dingo Pictures is an animation company in Germany where they make really badly made, zero-budget knock-offs of mostly popular and successful Disney and Don Bluth movies. And they are very weird. For example they have their version of Anastasia where they traced the Don Bluth Anastasia and made her a man. The backgrounds look like a dollar store coloring book. They use quite a few swears for what are supposed to be children's cartoons. Their "Aladin" movie had especially bad English voice acting. And get this, they actually have merchandise now, like T shirts of the old professor dinosaur saying "YEE" and Wabbu the Cheeky Raccoon.

I've actually watched a few Dingo Pictures movies. Dingo Pictures is an animation company in Germany where they make really badly made, zero-budget knock-offs of mostly popular and successful Disney and Don Bluth movies. And they are very weird. For example they have their version of Anastasia where they traced the Don Bluth Anastasia and made her a man. The backgrounds look like a dollar store coloring book. They use quite a few swears for what are supposed to be children's cartoons. Their "Aladin" movie had especially bad English voice acting. And get this, they actually have merchandise now, like T shirts of the old professor dinosaur saying "YEE" and Wabbu the Cheeky Raccoon.
I’m familiar with Dingo too thanks to YouTube. Someone bought the company and revived it after a decade or so of inactivity.

The other night I watched a video of some of the weirdest movie villains. One of them was a tire that ran over people. Another was a bed that swallowed people up and digested them in its stomach fluids or something. A guy tried to stab the bed but his hands got skeletonized. It was so cheesy and low-budget it was actually hilarious.

The other night I watched a video of some of the weirdest movie villains.

When I was 12 I was rooting around in a box full of old VHS tapes in a thrift store and found a movie called "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes". Bought it for 20 kroner (2 dollars). Now I know it's just a silly 1970s movie but at the time I had never seen anything like it and I thought it was so weird. It was a movie about tomatoes attacking people... Something about it fascinated me for a while.

iu

iu

Last edited:
Yes, yes! I forgot about Attack of the Killer Tomatos. I actually owned a copy on CED! (Capacitive Electronic Disk)

Thanks, @Forest Cat

I've had this song in my head since Friday. :tearsofjoy:

I'm so sorry, are you ok? :laughing:

A fun fact about the other tomatoe movie, "Return of the Killer Tomatoes", George Clooney is in it. Here we see him in a battle of life and death. With a tomatoe. :) The acting in that scene is outstanding. Clooney and that woman does a pretty good job too.

iu

Last edited:
When I was really young I once saw what I think was a scene from Attack of the Killer Tomatoes that showed a bunch of the tomatoes floating in the air (actually it was water). I really don't know, but I thought they were pumpkins because they were big and looked orange, and they were making weird burbling noises. I became a little scared of pumpkins as a result, and one time when my grandfather was showing us a whole of pumpkins in his cellar I thought I could hear them making the noises and thought the pumpkins were going to attack.

Up until I was around eight or nine years old, my life felt like some kind of fever dream.:emojiconfused:

New Threads

Top Bottom