• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The random advice thread

Advice of the day:

Never let your computer sleep, especially when you run BONICS. I discovered that my computer automatically sleeps after 20 minutes. I have to change that setting so that it could run SETI a little longer, so that our Aspies Central team can contribute more to the discovery of extraterrestrial life.

People don't do what you want, what you wish, what they ought or what they say they'll do. They almost always do just what they've been doing.

People can and do change, but don't be a fool. Pay most attention to what they've done in the past, and you'll be wiser and less often disappointed.

Take protein powder when doing any strenuous exercises. Not only will this prevent sore muscles, but means you can work harder, and more frequently, than when you're not using protein powder.

Don't buy cheap and nasty flavoured protein powder at the supermarket, or from a dodgy infomercial. Buy the good stuff, and buy it plain (no flavours). Get it from a protein powder store, where the staff have rippling muscles, and can actually advise you on what's in the bag. Also, get a percentage of protein of 90% at minimum. I've seen dodgy proteins sold for double the price, and half the protein (it's mostly flavours).

Add your own flavour to protein powder; this means you get more goodness for your money, rather than paying for flavourings. Protein powder can be made in to delicious smoothies or even pancakes :)

Random advice: Avoid buying stuff that's made in your country and, whenever possible, get stuff that's made in Japan. The Japanese somehow know how to make stuff better than anyone else can.
However, don't buy a Honda scooter, because their scooters (don't ask me why) are made in mainland China and are of ***tty quality.
Do get an American scooter from the Genuine Scooter company. For some reason, even though scooters are not popular in the US, we have one of the world's highest quality scooter companies.

If you are studying physics, take breaks every so often to think about the things you know. Use that to piece together other things, and create. None of the famous physicist's we know of (Einstein, Newton) got anywhere by only reading and listening to what others had to say on the subject. They thought, and created new ways of looking at things, which lead to amazing discoveries. Everyone is capable of this.
Do this when studying other subjects, also.

Golden advice here: do not absent-mindedly eat an entire chocolate orange in one day, or drop it on your cream fabric sofa unnoticed. It never works out well.

Eat chocolate responsibly!

Golden advice here: do not absent-mindedly eat an entire chocolate orange in one day, or drop it on your cream fabric sofa unnoticed. It never works out well.

Eat chocolate responsibly!

I knew there was a reason for why I'm always drawn to leather sofas. ;)

I knew there was a reason for why I'm always drawn to leather sofas. ;)

Good choice - I may need to invest in one in the future! My sad little Ikea sofa has plenty of suspicious brown stains which are honestly all chocolate - somehow it gets everywhere.

Good choice - I may need to invest in one in the future! My sad little Ikea sofa has plenty of suspicious brown stains which are honestly all chocolate - somehow it gets everywhere.

I knew there was a reason I bought a brown couch when I moved in here.

Black cars look better in the shade, though.

If the spider on the outside of your windscreen doesn't move, when the windscreen wipers come on
Its on the Inside

It is sometimes a good idea to put aside differences to work on a common objective: focusing on your dreams.

For a healthier, and delicious snack, try this chocolate yogurt dessert :D

Ingredients

- One large family sized tub of natural yogurt (unflavoured is better, but if you don't like the tartness of yogurt, you could use vanilla flavoured).

- One block of dark cooking chocolate (get dark chocolate, even if you don't like the taste of dark chocolate, because you'll be adding yogurt to it anyway, and make sure it's cooking chocolate!)

Method

Step one: Melt chocolate; either in a pot, on a low heat (don't let it burn!) OR place it in a large Tupperware container, and microwave until melted (about 30 seconds to 1 min, give or take).

Step two: Allow chocolate to cool to room temperature (this is important!). Don't let it solidify again though.

Step three: Slowly add the yogurt, a little at a time, mixing it all together.

Step four: Place in the fridge for about 24 hours, so that it sets. This also allows the yogurt to not taste so tart.

Step five: Enjoy delicious chocolate yogurt! Can top it with some fresh berries if you'd like :)

Don't over schedule yourself. You will end up anxious and overwhelmed. There are seven days in a week, so you don't need to cram a lot of things on any single day! Be kind to yourself.

Don't over schedule yourself. You will end up anxious and overwhelmed. There are seven days in a week, so you don't need to cram a lot of things on any single day! Be kind to yourself.

I have to add to this:

Also, try to prioritize those things you need to do first, ahead of other things you want to do.

You do have a choice.

For example, I hate to say it, but

You need to sleep at 10.30pm sharp if you want to be fully recharged for the next day.
You want to do Facebook, talk on Skype, (and, you know...) apply for better jobs etc. You may also want to run or hike a few miles.
Don't do those 'wants', do the 'need' first.

I mean, focus on the sleep first. Why do them today when the sleep is important? Just wake up earlier, like 5 or 6 in the morning, and do whatever you want.
Be kind to your body and mind.

New Threads

Top Bottom