• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The random advice thread

. . .

V.I.P Member
Share random advice that you think at least some people here will find helpful.

Random advice #1: If your toilet is plugged, fill a cap of liquid laundry detergent, pour it in your toilet and flush. If this doesn't work, repeat. If this doesn't work, pour a capful of detergent in a large bucket or pail, fill the bucket or pail up with hot water and quickly dump the water in your toilet. After doing this, try flushing your toilet.

^^ This has helped me out many times (and just did a few minutes ago). I love this trick. :)

Today, I had a bit of a crisis when I turned on my laptop.

The DVD drive would go, the actual computer sounded like it was switching on normally- but the screen was just black and unresponsive.

But luckily it's sorted out, which was annoyingly simple- so I'm glad I tried a few things before I sent it to a repair shop or took apart my computer to check the hardware.

So maybe this is obvious advice to some of you already, but this is what I did:

I unplugged the power cord, removed the battery and let it chill out for a few minutes. I then held the power on for longer than necessary, reconnected the power cord and turned the computer off. I then replaced the battery and it started up like normal.

That's also similar to what I do with my phone a few times when it's acted up, so I attempted it with my computer and it seemed to work. I'm not sure all the step are necessary but that's what I did, so thats what I'm putting. :p

Crisis averted.

Random advice - if you shave often and never plan on getting a DE razor or straight razor, I suggest that to save money you should get disposable orange Personna razors which can be bought in packs of ten for a dollar at dollar stores such as Dollarama. They're identical to BIC disposables (they're made by the same company and use the same blades) and cost less than half the price.

sshot-1.png

The blades in these things are sharper than the blades you'll find in any other disposable and they're cheap as hell which makes them ideal.

Random (and seemingly crazy) advice: If the kitchen sink is clogged and nothing else works, use a toilet plunger.

Random advice: Don't use shaving cream that comes in a can; if you have a shaving brush, use the Turkish shaving soap ARKO instead:

619JM6KHNcL.jpg

My ARKO stash:

Arko-Soap.jpg

It's one of the best bang-for-your-buck products I've ever come across. A stick lasts three months (three or more times longer than a can of shaving cream will last you), costs about $1.75, and is made up of better ingredients than any mainstream shaving cream/gel.

I love this stuff.

Random advice: Avoid buying stuff that's made in your country and, whenever possible, get stuff that's made in Japan. The Japanese somehow know how to make stuff better than anyone else can.

If you use lids when you cook on the stove you can cook your food faster, with less energy. You can boil at low-medium heat instead of high.
Do not forget about your food cooking when you use this method. I've burned things a time or two.

Putting extra shredded cheese/herbs on frozen pizza. So obvious and simple, but makes a world of difference.

Maybe his shoes got stolen when he passed out? I dunno... :lol2:

Random advice: Never try to cook pizza when drunk. A mate of mine nearly set the kitchen on fire when he tried that!

No, its kind of a "party rule" of someone passes out with their shoes on then they'll get pranks pulled on them in their sleep (writing on the face, duct taping their arms together etc.) but if you take your shoes off before you pass out then you've got immunity.

Putting extra shredded cheese/herbs on frozen pizza. So obvious and simple, but makes a world of difference.

I usually do this... buuuuuut... I feel that if it's fresh out of the freezer, the herbs and/or cheese is burnt a bit too much because of the time it needs to defrost in the microwave/oven.

-Do not drink sulfuric acid.

-Do not drink sulfuric acid if you are on diet.

-Do not trow sulfuric acid on squirrels. Particularly important if your country do not have squirrels.

-Stop thinking about sulfuric acid jokes.

The ft/lb drag of your fishing reel should be about 25% of the test strength of your fishing line. For example, if your fishing line is rated at 10 pounds, set your drag to 2.5 pounds.

Yes, I'm a fishing nerd xD

Random Advice

Don't jump around and do more than one thing at any time. It's really distracting and mind-boggling.

Just a tip for the amatuer mechanics.

When you change your oil you should put a slight film of fresh oil onto the new oil filter's gasket. It makes it much easier to pull off and replace the next time you do an oil change.

So, random advice huh?

If you’re a woman:
Try not to wear underwear that you have to constantly pull out of somewhere, especially in public!

If you’re a man:
Either get checked for STD's or buy new undies so you don’t have to "adjust" your junk in public!

New Threads

Top Bottom