• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though I like those +1 posts (which I actually seldom do), I am in full support of the 10-character limit.

I dislike the shout box as I thought the site looked better without it as it is distracting and vie never liked sites using them as it's a forum if you have something to say, say it in a post. I was glad to see you chose to not have 1 but guess you were just waiting to add one. fair enough having it on the main pagevof the site but I don like how it stalks younthrough the site. I know I can close it but still annoys me.

Last edited:
I also notice every post posted is now said in the shout box whic if people are chatting it would interrupt it manta times saying a member has posted......yeh we have the new posts section so that makes the posting the posts in the shout box a nuisance. I like the 10 character limit though.

I don't like howyourgiven a time limit on editing posts. you should get to edit them even after a day not just a very short time as it would lead to multiple postings instead of being able to edit your post

Last edited:
I also notice every post posted is now said in the shout box whic if people are chatting it would interrupt it manta times saying a member has posted......yeh we have the new posts section so that makes the posting the posts in the shout box a nuisance. I like the 10 character limit though.

That's true. I could turn it off but I feel it alerts people to new posts. I'm not sure how many people use the "What's New". Due to the unique design of the homepage, it can be a bit confusing to keep up with new posts.

The shout box is only temporary as a test feature. It has some great features but i'm not 100% liking the design when integrated with our forum. Would you rather just have the shout box on the main page instead of running through the entire forum? I may install a different shotubox to see how it goes.

I don't like howyourgiven a time limit on editing posts. you should get to edit them even after a day not just a very short time as it would lead to multiple postings instead of being able to edit your post

The time limit is there for a good reason. It stops trolls from editing their posts to hide their wrongdoings before a moderator can read it.

1. Do you like those additions to the forum?
Yes.

2. What do you not like about them?
I don't have a problem with them.

3. Do you like the current placement? (Shout Box can be turned off on pages and moved to the bottom by Admin)
I think the Shout Box should be moved to the bottom of the page.

4. Would you use either of those new features?
I've been using the Welcome Box a lot; I find it very useful.

At least make it a five character minimum?

no as then there can still be one word posts that way

and calert I understand but unless your checking shout box 24:7 you wouldn't keep track anyway. the what's new page is amazing though as it shows every thread new post been in since your last visit

1. Do you like those additions to the forum?
Yes. I enjoy them.

2. What do you not like about them?
I can't think of any for now. So, no.

3. Do you like the current placement? (Shout Box can be turned off on pages and moved to the bottom by Admin)
The Shout Box should be at the bottom of the page, I think. We should focus on the posts' contents.

4. Would you use either of those new features?
Yes --- especially the Shout Box! :D

It looks like you can't please everyone. It's a shame that it's so complicated to give users personalized settings over EVERYTHING. Even then, the settings would become complicated!

*Thread has now been moved to the off-topic section in the hopes that more people will see and add to it.

Put the "Home" tab back!
I R want to write on it :(
No one else has to write anythng if they don't want, they can ask for things to be written about, things they want to know more about, or whatever, and I can do it.
For fun!
Plus the News bit. YOU TOOK IT AWAY AS i CLICKED ENTER FOR A NEWS ARTICLE, YOU BASTARD! *shakesfist*
xD
Putitback!

:(

Ooops! How much of an article did you write before I removed it?

It will probably be put back at some stage, just not yet as i'm focusing on other stuff first.

Awwww, I actually missed the article bit of the forums, but oh well, I guess that didn't go as planned.

On the other hand, this forum is really paying off. :D

I think that you guys are doing a wonderful job. I find, that I really enjoy my time, here. There's also a lot of perks, that some of the other sites don't have. Larger avatars and signature pictures.:D

I think that you guys are doing a wonderful job. I find, that I really enjoy my time, here. There's also a lot of perks, that some of the other sites don't have. Larger avatars and signature pictures.:D
With the avatar pictures, you can upload any and it should be able to shrink it to its appropriate size.

If there is any feedback i can give here, i can only wish that all users can be allowed to change username once whenever possible. Another forum i joined allows so... i want to be named 'Orange' or something like that. Few people outside my home would be really interested in my real name anyway. It's ok if this policy of one-off username cannot be changed though imo.

Other than that I am ok with the forum in general.

If you want to change your username send me a private message. I think a policy of one username change per person would be acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom