• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Click on wher it says 'Science is awesome' and there are sub-groups under science is awesome,one of these is called 'earth'. there are two people who are in this sub-group,and the discussion is on soil classification/types of soil.

OK, I've found out what the problem was. Science is Awesome is a moderated group and you were pending approval. The creator of the group hasn't been active for a while and thus you were stuck in the moderation queue. You should be able to now post in the Earth group discussion.

:DI discovered the 'change in the format' when I clicked into this group,earlier today. Thank you very much for fixing the problem! I had seen the 'This is a moderated group' message but had not realized this ment I would need to be 'approval'. Thank you for allowing me into this group!I appreciate this.

Calvert, I have another question. On the bottom ofthe screen where it says 'Welcome...' I have 'Notifications'2 of them, and have from time to time tried to figure out what they were but cannot link to my profile to check them,Are these notifications of messages,or glitches, or what? I am curious to know what these are and would appreciate any knoledge you have concerning how I can access them, thank you.

No-one can access their profile pages at the current time due to our design not being compatible with the latest version of the forum software that we are running. A fix in the works and we hope to have it sorted sometime soon.

No-one can access their profile pages at the current time due to our design not being compatible with the latest version of the forum software that we are running. A fix in the works and we hope to have it sorted sometime soon.
The latest version however is 4.1.0 level 2 --- So there is a possibility that can be sorted out.
Can't templates be updated?

I had posted in one of the 'Post your photos' threads and had gotten only one image through,one of clouds in sky, the others came in as written script. Is there something I did, or did not do to cause this to happen, or could this be a glitch somewheres?

Just upgraded the forums and removed the sidebar. Removing the sidebar speeds up the forums but some members may prefer to have kept it as it shows recent activity.

Thoughts on this?

Just upgraded the forums and removed the sidebar. Removing the sidebar speeds up the forums but some members may prefer to have kept it as it shows recent activity.

Thoughts on this?

I liked the sidebar, but a speedier forum would be a logical priority...

But on the top, like where it says "New Posts". Maybe that can be upgraded a bit to show the newest ones. I click on that often and forget that it deletes them relatively quickly. Is there something I'm missing? Or maybe a modified version of that/different link?

Hope that made sense. :p

But on the top, like where it says "New Posts". Maybe that can be upgraded a bit to show the newest ones. I click on that often and forget that it deletes them relatively quickly. Is there something I'm missing? Or maybe a modified version of that/different link?

I've been meaning to ask the same thing.

I personally disliked the sidebar as it was too bulky IMO. A "New Posts" link should suffice, but the one on AC is weird and deletes new posts. I'd also like the "New Posts" link to behave differently, if possible.

I liked the sidebar, but a speedier forum would be a logical priority...

I think I understand what you're saying as I've experienced something similar before. If it shows that there are no new posts, usually there is also a link for "posts updated in last 24 hours" which should also show you anything new. I'll look into it at some point and see what I can do.

Perhaps I could add an option for users to determine if they want the sidebar on/off. Do the forums load at an acceptable speed for you or should they be faster?

I think I understand what you're saying as I've experienced something similar before. If it shows that there are no new posts, usually there is also a link for "posts updated in last 24 hours" which should also show you anything new. I'll look into it at some point and see what I can do.

Perhaps I could add an option for users to determine if they want the sidebar on/off. Do the forums load at an acceptable speed for you or should they be faster?

Personally, I think they load fine, but that's just on my end. Maybe a good medium would be just having one sidebar instead of both (new threads, new posts). I think it would be up to what you prefer aesthetically...

And the new posts/updated in the last 24 hours, maybe it would be easier to combine them somehow? Or instead of by time, which can lead to them being deleted if we have a slow few days, maybe they can be organized by something like: Most Recent 10 or 20.

I'm not sure if that would be better or make things awkward...but just a suggestion.
:p

I've added a button called "What's Recent?" can you confirm that this works for you? I'll probably merge it with the "What's New?" button.

I like the idea, but maybe it just doesn't work yet?

Hmm.. ok I've removed the "What's Recent?" button and changed the "What's New?" button to include recent posts. Try it now and see if that's any better.

I'll see what else I can do to improve it.

G'Day there, uh, I am new to this whole thing and am slowly warming to it so have to give you kudos on the complete package.

I was going over some of the things I had written here and my thought was if in the rule section or somewhere like that, perhaps you could put an area on forum etiquette.
I dont know, but this whole thing is weird for me and I kinda figure I surely can't be the only one.
I just feel odd because of the things I dont know to be sociable in cyberspace, for instance; I dont know if I'm expected to reply if somebody says something in response to what I write.

Most people are probably used to this sort of thing, some people have natural instincts and some people wouldnt ask for help if you paid them, but for me, I usually like to make sure I dont inadvertantly hurt anyones feelings.

Maybe it is obvious and I just havent looked hard enough yet, is there somewhere that already dealt with this idea. Just putting it forward for your opinion ; ]

Thanks

Thanks for the suggestion. I think that the rules already cover enough and I don't really want to make them any longer or more complicated than they already are. If you are looking for a general guide on etiquette then this is worth a read. I think that you'll pick it up over time anyway. If you aren't sure how to use a forum, a quick guide can be found here.

I just feel odd because of the things I dont know to be sociable in cyberspace, for instance; I dont know if I'm expected to reply if somebody says something in response to what I write.

You can reply if you want but you don't have to. It's really up to you and it isn't necessarily rude if you choose not to reply.

Hope that helps.

Tremendous

Both of those pages are of particular benefit so, thanks a lot. It's probably the whole human factor that gave me pause as most of it is really common sense.
My guess is, new and shiney = me, stunned. A bit of quiet reading is in order I think ; ]

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom