• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like a good idea, but it could be a possibility that the members will end up getting confused.

Sounds like a good idea, but it could be a possibility that the members will end up getting confused.

I agree completely. That's why I think we should only allow a maximum of one username change per member. The member should be registered at least 3 months on the forum before requesting a username change and have their original name displayed in their signature to help minimize confusion. Sound good?

I see.

In the forums that I changed my name, I did so without much fanfare as it has only a handful of active members, most of whom are my good friends. Maybe with Aspies Central it will be slightly different with much more activity.

I am not quite ok with putting my signature though, but I can still have the same signature as before. With this I will really consider very carefully on what should i do in case i want to change my username.

Just asking but why do you want to change your username anyway? I don't see anything wrong with it. As for the signature, I'm not sure why you would object to having your original name displayed in it if you decide to change to a different name. You can still keep your current signature, just add a small line saying something like "Previously known as ruennsheng".

I have no problem with people wanting to change their username, just as long as everyone doesn't start to do it as it will cause confusion.

Hey, I have a question about a rule.
5. Disclosing personal information without consent
Does this mean that if I post something about my family or someone else I know, that I have to ask them for permission to put in a post that mentions them?
I wanna be sure if I have understod it correctly in order to not break the rule.

5. Disclosing personal information without consent

This rule basically means to not disclose personal details / contact info about other members without their consent. For example: publicly posting another person's email address, telephone number or contents of a private message is not allowed without the consent of the appropriate person to do so. Generally speaking, you are free to post information about your family or people you know providing you don't post contact information or stuff that should be kept private (like Private Messages).

Hope that clears things up.

I'm currently looking for ideas/suggestions for the forums. Ideas for new forum categories will also be taken, so if you have any get them to me while I'm in the mood to make changes. :D

I also am using 'Internet Explorer' and wonder wether or not I can 'reconfigure' some settings, or add an update to make this more compatible with Your set up. Do You Guys have any suggestiones? This would be appreciated as some times I only recieve a partial page.

How about one[to add to the science threads] on Botany,or some sourt of 'Plant'-based science such as cultivating,simple,to advanced cloning techniques,and the like? I havent a clue whether or not any one else is interested in this division of science or not, but I would like to see something of this nature here. Ihad already discovered a 'sciince group here' and thought that it was very good.

I also am using 'Internet Explorer' and wonder wether or not I can 'reconfigure' some settings, or add an update to make this more compatible with Your set up. Do You Guys have any suggestiones? This would be appreciated as some times I only recieve a partial page.

What version of Internet Explorer are you using?

I am using Enternet Explorer#7. I have also, Microsoft windows xp, as this is supposed to be of a 'higher quality' than the standard windows version.I have tried to reply [post] in the 'Science' discussion also, and do not see the 'reply' icons such as 'quick reply' any where in that subject section.

I am using Enternet Explorer#7. I have also, Microsoft windows xp, as this is supposed to be of a 'higher quality' than the standard windows version.I have tried to reply [post] in the 'Science' discussion also, and do not see the 'reply' icons such as 'quick reply' any where in that subject section.
The page runs best using Firefox or Internet Explorer 8 and in the topic discussion, there should be a box at the bottom of the page where you can simply type what you need to type and that should be pretty much done or "reply".

I have however done some optimizing so it should now work, if no luck, let us know?

Balamvucub, I have enabled a setting which may fix the issue that you are having. I recommend you use a different internet browser than Internet Explorer, as there are a lot of compatibility problems with it in general. I suggest you try Opera or Firefox.

I have switched to 'Firefox' and added a few 'plugins' and this has for the most part fixed the partial page problem. I still cannot post in the science forum though,as this does not show any boxes to post in,and I havent a clue as to where to click,as the usual 'message/reply boxes are not visible.

I still cannot post in the science forum though,as this does not show any boxes to post in,and I havent a clue as to where to click,as the usual 'message/reply boxes are not visible.

Which science forum are you talking about? I think you are actually referring to a group than a forum. You may need to join the group before you are allowed to post in it.

You are right,It is a group,and I did click 'Join' and this did register,as I noticed in the box where it said join,it now says 'Leave'. The group that i have interest in is the Science group called 'Earth' however,I still can not access this group to post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom