• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Droopy

Founder & Former Admin
V.I.P Member
This is the thread in which you guys/gals can pass feedback to myself and Ian. Use this thread to give suggestions and ideas, as well as for reporting bugs/problems with the forums.

Both of us will check this thread regularly and consider any ideas you may have. So, if you want to request a shoutbox feature, or are simply having a problem on a specific browser, this thread is the place to post.

Hi,

may i ask which forum software you use? IPboard?

-> maybe we can have some more styles?
-> quick reply option

OH, and do you know what happened to the "old" forum aspergic.com?:(

f. :)

Hi felix, glad you found us and decided to join.

What type of styles would you like to see? Do you mean forum styles, styles for user profiles or styles for user blogs?

I will look into the quick reply option, we do have such a feature but it is currently causing some minor problems.

With regards to the old Aspergic forum, Chris tried to upgrade it and the forum broke. He was supposed to fix it but was apparently too busy with college work. Just to be clear, Aspies Central is in no way connected to Aspgeric (ie we are not a replacement) nor are we a rival. Ian already had his own AS forum for some time but it wasn't going anywhere. So I decided to help him out since I already had hosting that I wasn't using and the fact that Aspergic had been down for weeks with no sign of re-opening.

Thanks for your feedback.

'remember me' does NOT work. Whenever I leave this site, I have to sign back in. It is super irritating.

Hi Calvert and Ian,

I'm having a bit of a problem. On the main page, the only icon that shows up is for the Rules & Announcements. I always have to click around in order to get to the other parts of the forum. The browser I'm using is Internet Explorer. Can you help? Thanks!

I was thinking, what if me and you put this login thing at the top since us iPhone and iPad users are having that thing floating in our screen, I just find it pretty amusing but very annoying at times.

Here's the screenshot.
0847ae81.jpg

What I was thinking is to enable Tapatalk (iPhone/iPod Touch client) for iPhone users enjoy the benefit of posting, I don't know if there's an iPad version but yea, we would be browsing this forum with ease.

Also on top of that, most forums have even enabled them on their forum.

I was thinking, what if me and you put this login thing at the top since us iPhone and iPad users are having that thing floating in our screen, I just find it pretty amusing but very annoying at times.

I will get to the screenshot.

What I was thinking is to enable Tapatalk (iPhone/iPod Touch client) for iPhone users enjoy the benefit of posting, I don't know if there's an iPad version but yea, we would be browsing this forum with ease.

the forum works 100% fine on iPad to let you know except the floatybar stick in place on top of a post. and as above poster said my laptop get just the rules one showing while the ipad gets it all.

the forum works 100% fine on iPad to let you know except the floatybar stick in place on top of a post. and as above poster said my laptop get just the rules one showing while the ipad gets it all.

That's true, when I tried using Internet Explorer at my college, I was of course having the same issue.
This website seems to be optimized for firefox.

Calvert seems to be more of an expert at fixing bugs than i'am, hopefully he should be back a little later to see what he can do about the IE issue.

That's true, when I tried using Internet Explorer at my college, I was of course having the same issue.
This website seems to be optimized for firefox.

Calvert seems to be more of an expert at fixing bugs than i'am, hopefully he should be back a little later to see what he can do about the IE issue.

I'm mainly using it on the ipad anyway but a lot of people use IE so would be good to look into

I'm mainly using it on the ipad anyway but a lot of people use IE so would be good to look into

Indeed, I can already imagine the horror IE users will be having if they could only just see the one part of the forum, I actually even thought that the college IP was banned, and checked it and nothing.

The members I've seen so far seem to be using firefox, chrome and safari as far as I know.

Hi Calvert and Ian,

I'm having a bit of a problem. On the main page, the only icon that shows up is for the Rules & Announcements. I always have to click around in order to get to the other parts of the forum. The browser I'm using is Internet Explorer. Can you help? Thanks!

Can you be specific as to what version of IE you are using? I've tested the forum in IE 8 and don't have that problem.

Here's the screenshot.
0847ae81.jpg

Thanks for the screen shot. I'll see what I can do.

Can you tell me what browser and version you are using for the iPad and laptop?

I'm running Opera 10 and the forums seem fine bar the odd minor cosmetic bug. They also work fine in IE 8 for the most part. Firefox 3.6 seems to work fine as well bar the logout issue and the Who's Online box going green.

Can you be specific as to what version of IE you are using? I've tested the forum in IE 8 and don't have that problem.

Thanks for the screen shot. I'll see what I can do.

Can you tell me what browser and version you are using for the iPad and laptop?

I'm running Opera 10 and the forums seem fine bar the odd minor cosmetic bug. They also work fine in IE 8 for the most part. Firefox 3.6 seems to work fine as well bar the logout issue and the Who's Online box going green.

iPad is just safari built in which runs the same operating system as iphone but modified for iPad and won't give version number as you cant get different safari versions for it

laptop ...Internet exporer 8 I think with windows 7 os but also does same on aol 9.1 American edition.

the remember me works fine on safari on iPad as it keeps me signed in all the time and no need to sort the bar or anything if it's only me complaining as I can live lol. and don't want to be a pest.

I can't understand how the icons wouldn't show up in IE 8 as i've tested the exact browser and it works fine for me.

On second thoughts, I've just checked it and it doesn't work now. I think I might know what the problem is.

http://img261.imageshack.us/i/imageyv.jpg/

just wanted to show how the floaty bar sticks on page on iPad lol. not complaint just sharing. and yeh y would think
iE 8 would be fine with icons.

Don't worry about complaining, i'd rather get these bugs sorted out. I'm a perfectionist like Dr Dre lol.

The icons did work fine in IE8 until I made a template edit to add the last post info to the main page. I think that's what is causing them to disappear, it's the only logical reason I can come up with.

I thought the 10-character limit is part of the limits of this forum? And it helps to combat meaningless spam messages? (Which I might be guilty of)

But nevertheless, try to abolish the 10-character limit whenever possible.

Safari.

And this 10 character minimum is really dumb. There are a lot of words that are shorter than 10 letters.

The ten character limit is in use to combat spam postings. I have seen forums where users will post things like "+1" and "Yeah" as a post. Short posts like that don't add anything to the forum other than spam and increasing the user's post count. By having a limit on the minimum characters per post, this will encourage the poster to expand on what they are saying instead of a simple one-word answer.

I do acknowledge though that there will be cases whereby a simple one-word answer will suffice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom